• 34 posts
    June 3, 2019 6:11 AM PDT

So now 

Black Rose Pledge and the other various changes in other pledges

Should all be awarded with 

Triumvirate's Pledge?

• 801 posts
    June 3, 2019 9:03 AM PDT

I dare not touch my pledge its the knights pledge and I hope it is still the better one out there, as we first helped back this project. But if more funding is needed ill get a new pledge so i dont ruin my pledge or just donate cash when i can.

• VR Staff
    • 319 posts
    June 3, 2019 10:45 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

I dare not touch my pledge its the knights pledge and I hope it is still the better one out there, as we first helped back this project. But if more funding is needed ill get a new pledge so i dont ruin my pledge or just donate cash when i can.

You are safe to upgrade to a new pledge and will keep any pledge rewards that the Knight's pledge has that have since been retired. If you have specific questions, please open a support ticket and we can guide you through the process

• 372 posts
    June 3, 2019 1:19 PM PDT

Artois said:

Crazzie said:

You are safe to upgrade to a new pledge and will keep any pledge rewards that the Knight's pledge has that have since been retired. If you have specific questions, please open a support ticket and we can guide you through the process

Wow - this seems like a big announcement.  All pledges can upgrade and keep original rewards or is this specifically Knights?

• VR Staff
    • 319 posts
    June 3, 2019 2:01 PM PDT

Tigersin said:

Artois said:

Crazzie said:

Wow - this seems like a big announcement.  All pledges can upgrade and keep original rewards or is this specifically Knights?

We haven't announced it officially yet. However, we have listened to the comments from our community and will be allowing specific pledge rewards to transfer when someone upgrades. We don't want to punish our early supporters by not allowing them to keep their rewards nor do we want to stop them from upgrading a pledge for fear of losing something. When the full announcement goes out, we will have a list of rewards that will transfer.

• 166 posts
    June 4, 2019 1:38 AM PDT

Artois said:

Tigersin said:

We haven't announced it officially yet. However, we have listened to the comments from our community and will be allowing specific pledge rewards to transfer when someone upgrades. We don't want to punish our early supporters by not allowing them to keep their rewards nor do we want to stop them from upgrading a pledge for fear of losing something. When the full announcement goes out, we will have a list of rewards that will transfer.

This is great news and a win/win for VR and fans. This will absolutely bring in more funding for VR. I’m strongly considering upgrading from Adviser’s Pledge to Black Rose or Triumvirate’s Pledge now.

The real question is, what can VR throw in to help me sell the upgrade to the wife… hahahahaha. VIP Pledges get a dozen roses sent to the wife

• 3852 posts
    June 4, 2019 7:00 AM PDT

Those roses might well help stem any criticism. Good to be proactive when facing thorny issues. 

If it doesn't work and she piles them up to burn, you will truly face a flowering inferno.

More seriously yes this is good - I wouldn't upgrade now but after the details are all determined and announced I am planning to.

• 93 posts
    June 19, 2019 8:43 AM PDT

Artois said:

Tigersin said:

Artois said:

Crazzie said:

Holy cow, this IS huge news.  So just a point of clarification... if you upgrade to a higher tier from a lower one, do you only retain rewards that have been retired OR do you retain any reward that is in the lower tier that is not in the higher tier regardless of whether the item is retired or not?  

Example: if I upgrade from Adviser’s pledge to Black Rose pledge do I keep the renaming vouchers, ring and other items that are not included in Black Rose?

Thanks

• 34 posts
    June 19, 2019 9:34 AM PDT

Ya alot of questions were not really answered by just saying you keep some stuff when you upgrade :/ Example: If you have the 1k/3k/10k pledge do you have the new black rose pledge included or the one retiring or both?

• 116 posts
    June 19, 2019 5:42 PM PDT

As I read it, you’re safe to upgrade if your pledge has been retired and is thereby protected. 

If your current pledge level is active (still available) then upgrade at your own risk. 

My my pledge is still active, I won’t risk losing what I currently have, so no upgrades for me at this time. 

At least this is how I understood what was announced. 

• VR Staff
    • 319 posts
    June 19, 2019 10:44 PM PDT

Grayel said:

As I read it, you’re safe to upgrade if your pledge has been retired and is thereby protected. 

If your current pledge level is active (still available) then upgrade at your own risk. 

My my pledge is still active, I won’t risk losing what I currently have, so no upgrades for me at this time. 

At least this is how I understood what was announced. 

We have listened to the concerns of the community and we want to reward those who supported us early and want to upgrade. If you have a specific question in regards to a reward you want to ensure you keep when upgrading, please open a support ticket. We are willing to walk through the process with anyone. We are in the middle of a pledge package refresh which is confusing the process more than it should. Currently, we have replaced the $100 pledge and added a $200 pledge. Earlier this year, we revamped the $500 pledge. The other pledge levels will be refreshed soon and the progression of pledge packages will make more sense when that is complete.

• 3852 posts
    September 25, 2019 7:52 AM PDT

((The other pledge levels will be refreshed soon and the progression of pledge packages will make more sense when that is complete.))

I'm sure some people that were considering upgrades are, like me, waiting to see how things look after this refresh. Over three months since the last post in this thread - anything new about when "soon" will come? And whether there will be more information answering questions such as what the Black Rose Satchel is (it does not say cosmetic) and what early character creation provides that the previous perk of early name reservation does *not* provide? 

Not a complaint I am sure the new swag shop took a lot of time away from this project.

This post was edited by dorotea at September 25, 2019 7:57 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 319 posts
    September 25, 2019 4:22 PM PDT

dorotea said:

((The other pledge levels will be refreshed soon and the progression of pledge packages will make more sense when that is complete.))

I'm sure some people that were considering upgrades are, like me, waiting to see how things look after this refresh. Over three months since the last post in this thread - anything new about when "soon" will come? And whether there will be more information answering questions such as what the Black Rose Satchel is (it does not say cosmetic) and what early character creation provides that the previous perk of early name reservation does *not* provide? 

Not a complaint I am sure the new swag shop took a lot of time away from this project.

Sorry for the delay on this, but the new pledges are waiting until we launch the new website and pledge store. I don't have a firm timeline on that I can release at this time. That being said, you can still upgrade and when the new pledges come in, if you like that better, we can always switch you to it.

In answer to your other questions, the satchel will be an in game item you can carry things in. It will be similar to the other bags, etc that the other pledges have.

Early character creation has been extended to all pledges with the exception of the $50 pledge. It is different from the early name reservation in that you will be able to get into game a few a days prior to launch to create your character so it is all ready for when the game goes live. Early name reservation allows you to reserve a unique name and that will be offered prior to the character creation.

• 200 posts
    September 25, 2019 4:37 PM PDT
    The website is still coming by the end of the year, right?
    • 3852 posts
    September 26, 2019 7:09 AM PDT

Thank you for the quick reply - very helpful. 

My forte is character creation. Make an ala carte pledge item character creation/name reservation (stacking with the ones in the pledge packages, of course) and I may buy a few thousand and fund the game.

Just kidding I don't need quite that many.

This post was edited by dorotea at September 26, 2019 7:09 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    November 26, 2019 7:31 AM PST

Artois said: ... In answer to your other questions, the satchel will be an in game item you can carry things in. It will be similar to the other bags, etc that the other pledges have.
    Artois, would it be fair to say, then, that Kilsins quote below from 2016 is no longer accurate, and that all the items in the pledges that aren't 'fun', 'vanity', or 'cosmetic', specifically, the Explorer's Backpack, Ring of the Fallen, the Tunic of the Planes, and similar, are all real equippable items with stats, effects, or bonuses of some kind, and not simply cosmetic?

From this thread:

Kilsin said: All of the items are cosmetic only and have no in-game stats or advantages, they are just for pride/display to show you were here first and helped us get the game to where it is, one way for us to say thank you that you can show off in-game :)

Kilsin, (or anyone else from Visionary Realms)

This morning, I saw this thread referenced on Reddit, and had some follow-up questions.
    In the ~3 years since this "cosmetic only" information was revealed, could you confirm one of the following? (A,B, C, D or E)
    A) The tunic, ring, and backpack will all be visible models that go into appearance slots, either exclusively, or as well as being equippable/useable items.
    OR
    B) The tunic, ring, and backpack will all be inventory-only items that are not equippable, at all, in any way.  Their only purpose is to be linked to others as a status symbol.
    OR
    C) The tunic, ring, and backpack are all equippable items, and offer stats, effects, or larger inventory. (as you confirmed regarding bags on Sep 25, 2019, Artois)
    OR
    D) Some combination of A), and/or B) and/or C)
    OR
    E) None of the above, the reality is entirely different and contains NO features mentioned in A), and/or B) and/or C)

And for reference, what I'm referring to, by The tunic, ring, and backpack are what is described here :
    as the pledge rewards for Pantheon from 2014, the Explorer's Backpack, Tunic of the Planes, and Ring of the Fallen.

Even today, these items are referred to at http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/ as "In-Game Items" while items like the Legate's Tunic and Robe of the Black Rose are mentioned as a Cosmetic item, specifically.
    Put another way, If the "In-Game Items" , that is, things like: Explorer's Backpack, Tunic of the Planes/Ages, and Ring of the Fallen are all cosmetic items, could you update the pledges so that this is reflected for these items, as it is for the Legate's Tunic?
    Also, if they are all cosmetic, is there going to be a significant noticeable difference in appearance between the Satchel of the Black Rose, Bag of the Legate and the Explorer's Backpack?
    If the are NOT all cosmetic, could you please describe the difference between a vanity item and a cosmetic item, as this disparity exists today, at http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/ . ?

Thanks in advance, as it would be great to get any clarification you can offer regarding these pledge rewards.

This post was edited by vjek at November 26, 2019 7:32 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 319 posts
    November 26, 2019 12:16 PM PST

Kilsin's response still stands. All of the items in the pledge packages are cosmetic in nature. You can equip them but they will not have stats. We have been clear on this since the beginning. The bag will be a bag you can equip in your inventory to carry things.

• 1921 posts
    November 26, 2019 8:39 PM PST

Ok, so, the bags are real bags, but the ring and tunic are cosmetic or vanity, but not called cosmetic or vanity.

Could you change the current pledge descriptions (from today) so that cosmetic and vanity items (that is, everything not a bag) has a cosmetic or vanity tag, for consistency?

This post was edited by vjek at November 26, 2019 8:40 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 27, 2019 4:09 AM PST

It may still be that the existing description is entirely correct. If you start the game with a bag or bags and the pledge bags simply replace one that you would have gotten anyway that would be cosmetic. If it is the same size.

If it is a larger bag than you could have gotten or an extra bag that would be non-cosmetic although if it is something you could get for 5 copper pieces in the starter town I wouldn't worry too much about that technically being not cosmetic.

We simply don't know - but all of Kilsin's and Artois' statements may be both accurate and consistant.

((waits patiently for the extra character slot that is my requested retainer for this unsolicited legal defense))

• 1921 posts
    November 27, 2019 7:09 AM PST

Then why the disparity between cosmetic, vanity, and none of those tags?  If the bags were cosmetic, why don't they have the cosmetic tag?
    Today, right this moment, at http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/ , there are items tagged as cosmetic, and items tagged as vanity.
    Then, distinctly, all the bags, satchels, or backpacks have no vanity, or cosmetic tag.  If they are cosmetic, as you claim, dorotea, then the tagging is incorrect, and should be rectified.
    If the tagging is correct, then they're not cosmetic items.
    I don't know of anyone that would consider an actual inventory-capacity-affecting item to be cosmetic. 
    That's the opposite of cosmetic, in that it's a usable and equippable item that directly affects your players carrying capacity.
    Finally, if they don't actually offer something distinct, positive, or different from a non-pledge item or player, why are they a pledge reward?
    Something "technically" not being cosmetic should be enumerated on the pledge rewards, accurately, so that pledgers can make an informed decision, rather than one in ignorance.

This post was edited by vjek at November 27, 2019 7:15 AM PST