Forums » News and Announcements

Incoming Pledge Package Changes

• 160 posts
    April 26, 2019 11:08 AM PDT
    @Artois your last comment. I don't think it would be fair to say the pledges have been untransparent along the way. Each change was announced in a fair manner. The only thing that was every confusing, for me, was what pledge I purchased all them years ago. Which is easily answerable with a simple ticket submission.
    • 39 posts
    April 26, 2019 12:03 PM PDT

urgatorbait said:

And something tells me that we won't be the first ones in Alpha now even though we where the first ones in line with money.

You actually think that there should be a “queue”, if you will, where people who pledged for Alpha will be gated in one at a time, in order, based on the time/date stamp that they purchased their pledge?  You’re not serious are you?  Alpha  access is alpha access and I’m certain anyone with that access will be let in at the same time whenever that’s released.

Yes well I was on staff of Castersrealm and did the EQ2 page for Baelish in case you might of thought I was a mmo noob. Im a legend in my own mind (joke). Sure you que idea is great let's do that lol. I have no problem with the Pay to play / win big dollar packages getting in first but don't you also think there should be some respect for early supporters even if the money is cheap? Why am I broke because I did the stupid thing and served my country we don't get paid well but the benefits are great man.

This post was edited by Vash at April 26, 2019 12:04 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    April 26, 2019 12:32 PM PDT

Hello, 

I want to pledge the Advisor and I already have a pledge of $120, how do I change to the advisor if I already have a pledge? Thank you.

• 90 posts
    April 26, 2019 1:40 PM PDT

SinisterJoint said:

Linda "Brasse" is fkn amazing! That is one dwarven woman that can drink you under the table!! I've had the pleasure of meeting her a few times at SoE fanfests hahah

She litterally did in 2014 at SoE Live, they had an open bar night and I was leaning on Friends while she was standing strong at the end of the night. The next morning she was doing much better then me. :P

• 15 posts
    April 26, 2019 5:17 PM PDT

Shea said:

I wont say what I get or paid for , but should I decide to upgrade I lose what i have . (seriously its a no brainer ) . 

Im with you on this one, if i were to be able to retain my original backer rewards and spend an extra 50 or so for some bonus i think i would, but at this point i would have to drop like 200+ or more and still will likely lose things..

• 154 posts
    April 26, 2019 7:13 PM PDT

inmysights said:

Hello, 

I want to pledge the Advisor and I already have a pledge of $120, how do I change to the advisor if I already have a pledge? Thank you.

There is a way to 'Upgrade' your current pledge. (see the menu on the left of the Pledge page) http://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/

• 388 posts
    April 26, 2019 8:38 PM PDT

as a pathfinder who missed out on the name (plate/badge) will we have more opportunities like that?

Other than "upgrade" how else can i give money?

i was going to upgrade to the $500 later this summer but since things are changing, i may keep what i got. 

last question: i am considering the $50 for a year. will the system know to give me the better of the two levels? Perceivers vs pathfinder 

Any chance i could give my pathfinder to my brother if i separately purchace the perceiver?

This post was edited by Flapp at April 26, 2019 8:40 PM PDT
    • 238 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:37 PM PDT

Hello. I am considering purchasing the Triumvirate's Pledge since a payment plan is avaiable. I was wondering what the VIP Rewards of the Faithful entails. Does that mean that a player who buys into a VIP package has access to all current rewards (at time of purchase) plus any future changes that are made within the lower tiers? I am debating if I should go ahead and start payment installments or wait until the new changes for the keepers tier have been announced.

• 3852 posts
    April 27, 2019 9:04 AM PDT

The whole system of upgrading is a bit inflexible, given the changes over the years in what various packages contain. Very often even a more expensive package will omit things that were in the cheaper package years ago. So simply dropping the "cheaper" package and replacing it with the more expensive package will not work for many people.

One way that would work, in terms of upgrades not new pledges, is to have any upgrade retain every single thing one already has and add everything in the new package that one doesn't already have. I don't know if it works that way now or if the system just "forgets" the original pledge and remembers only the new level package.

Another approach entirely is to target options that are *not* upgrades to existing pledgers.

Thus - whatever pledge you have now you keep. And for an additional 50/100/250/500/1,000 dollars or euros or other currency you get a specified benefit. What kind of benefit? Something that isn't in the current packages. Just to throw out a list of possibly bad ideas.

Access to the alpha test server until beta releases. Not necessarily 24/7 by any means but maybe it can be kept up most of the time until it is replaced. Perhaps as pre-beta where changes they intend to make in beta get released. No guarantee characters will not be wiped, perhaps repeatedly, but a chance to play during the interregnum between alpha and beta. No current package has this, so no one should get angry that new people can jump in and get something *they* already paid for back in the day.

An extra character slot, obviously cumulative with the extra slots already in pledge packages.

A cosmetic item or title or appearance not already in any package.

The ability to reserve an extra name - now that it has been said that the name reservation in existing packages is limited to a single name. If names are unique by server - which may not be the case - the ability to reserve a name on a second server as distinct from a second name on the same server.

The ability to name a tree. Some early packages gave the right to suggest names (subject to approval) for things like NPCs. Those days are gone and will not come again - but the game may have *millions* of trees. Think of the money-making opportunity here. This won't harm anyone else if you are the only one that can see the name floating in brilliant color over *your* tree.  

Okay maybe forget the last idea.

This post was edited by dorotea at April 27, 2019 9:07 AM PDT
    • 128 posts
    April 27, 2019 10:52 AM PDT

I just upgraded to Advisor, and won't be able to upgrade that further.  I am excited about the Founder's Guild invite though :)

• 19 posts
    April 27, 2019 9:33 PM PDT
    What pledges have payment installments now?
    • 238 posts
    April 28, 2019 6:50 AM PDT

mugwy44 said: What pledges have payment installments now?

Perceiver's Pledge ($50.00 monthly for 12 months) Once per month payment over 12 months.

Triumvirate Pledge ($100.00 monthly for 12 months) Once per month payment over 12 months.

(These are coppied and pasted from the Subscription/ Settings Tab)

It should be noted that anyone paying the installments will be paying more for the pledge in the long run. Instead of $500 for the Perceivers Pledge you will be paying $600, and instead of $1,000 for the Triumvirate Pledge you will be paying $1,200 (unless this is a mistake and they meant over 10 months instead of 12.) Either way I think its an extreamely good deal for what you are potentially getting under each of the tiers. 

This post was edited by Baldur at April 28, 2019 6:51 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 29, 2019 10:19 AM PDT

Baldur said:

mugwy44 said: What pledges have payment installments now?

Perceiver's Pledge ($50.00 monthly for 12 months) Once per month payment over 12 months.

Triumvirate Pledge ($100.00 monthly for 12 months) Once per month payment over 12 months.

(These are coppied and pasted from the Subscription/ Settings Tab)

It should be noted that anyone paying the installments will be paying more for the pledge in the long run. Instead of $500 for the Perceivers Pledge you will be paying $600, and instead of $1,000 for the Triumvirate Pledge you will be paying $1,200 (unless this is a mistake and they meant over 10 months instead of 12.) Either way I think its an extreamely good deal for what you are potentially getting under each of the tiers. 

You are correct, the installment payments do cost more as there is a cost for allowing installments. 

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 29, 2019 10:23 AM PDT

dorotea said:

The whole system of upgrading is a bit inflexible, given the changes over the years in what various packages contain. Very often even a more expensive package will omit things that were in the cheaper package years ago. So simply dropping the "cheaper" package and replacing it with the more expensive package will not work for many people.

One way that would work, in terms of upgrades not new pledges, is to have any upgrade retain every single thing one already has and add everything in the new package that one doesn't already have. I don't know if it works that way now or if the system just "forgets" the original pledge and remembers only the new level package.

Another approach entirely is to target options that are *not* upgrades to existing pledgers.

Thus - whatever pledge you have now you keep. And for an additional 50/100/250/500/1,000 dollars or euros or other currency you get a specified benefit. What kind of benefit? Something that isn't in the current packages. Just to throw out a list of possibly bad ideas.

Access to the alpha test server until beta releases. Not necessarily 24/7 by any means but maybe it can be kept up most of the time until it is replaced. Perhaps as pre-beta where changes they intend to make in beta get released. No guarantee characters will not be wiped, perhaps repeatedly, but a chance to play during the interregnum between alpha and beta. No current package has this, so no one should get angry that new people can jump in and get something *they* already paid for back in the day.

An extra character slot, obviously cumulative with the extra slots already in pledge packages.

A cosmetic item or title or appearance not already in any package.

The ability to reserve an extra name - now that it has been said that the name reservation in existing packages is limited to a single name. If names are unique by server - which may not be the case - the ability to reserve a name on a second server as distinct from a second name on the same server.

The ability to name a tree. Some early packages gave the right to suggest names (subject to approval) for things like NPCs. Those days are gone and will not come again - but the game may have *millions* of trees. Think of the money-making opportunity here. This won't harm anyone else if you are the only one that can see the name floating in brilliant color over *your* tree.  

Okay maybe forget the last idea.

For the most part, many of our pledge upgrades have functioned that. In fact, our current pledges all flow from one level to the next by adding new rewards as the amount goes up. When this doesn't work is when we retire some of the rewards or completely replace the pledge line. We did this back in October 2015 and have another new line/lines of pledge offerings coming soon. 

We don't want people to feel they can't upgrade to a new pledge for fear of losing some rewards and that is why I am working on a new policy that will protect some of the retired or no longer available rewards for those that already claimed them in earlier pledges but have upgraded to a new pledge.

• 1315 posts
    April 29, 2019 11:37 AM PDT

I think dorotea is onto a good idea.  I would hate to see Pantheon go the route of Ashes of Creation or Star citizen with tons of pledge items but there could be some. Similar to Humble bundle or some other kickstarter drives there could be both levels and al-a-cart items.  Things like the November drive would have been an al-a-cart item that could be added to your total donated value.  Obviously the primary things everyone is interested in is testing access.  Currently beta requires $100, alpha requires $250 and Pre-Alpha requires $1000.

Those could remain as they are, or be raised as is appropriate.  Certain pledge packs will be there to intentionally get you to those tiers.  Between the tiers could be additional al-a-cart line items with costs with maybe a minimum tier to even be able to pick them up.  If you buy up enough al-a-cart items at your current tier to bump you to the next testing access tier you gain that tier.  You would not gain anything additional at that pledge level, just the testing access.  Once the new tier was open then there would be additional al-a-cart items.

I would also consider group pledges.  One person might have trouble pledging even $100 but an entire online guild with 100s of members across many games might easily be able to donate $10,000 as a group.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 29, 2019 11:46 AM PDT

s

Trasak said:

I think dorotea is onto a good idea.  I would hate to see Pantheon go the route of Ashes of Creation or Star citizen with tons of pledge items but there could be some. Similar to Humble bundle or some other kickstarter drives there could be both levels and al-a-cart items.  Things like the November drive would have been an al-a-cart item that could be added to your total donated value.  Obviously the primary things everyone is interested in is testing access.  Currently beta requires $100, alpha requires $250 and Pre-Alpha requires $1000.

Those could remain as they are, or be raised as is appropriate.  Certain pledge packs will be there to intentionally get you to those tiers.  Between the tiers could be additional al-a-cart line items with costs with maybe a minimum tier to even be able to pick them up.  If you buy up enough al-a-cart items at your current tier to bump you to the next testing access tier you gain that tier.  You would not gain anything additional at that pledge level, just the testing access.  Once the new tier was open then there would be additional al-a-cart items.

I would also consider group pledges.  One person might have trouble pledging even $100 but an entire online guild with 100s of members across many games might easily be able to donate $10,000 as a group.

These are all ideas that we have discussed internally and may or may not be part of an upcoming website and store upgrade. 

• 372 posts
    April 29, 2019 12:14 PM PDT

Thanks for all the replies, Artois. 

• 20 posts
    May 1, 2019 9:57 AM PDT
    @Artois in one of the live streams it was mentioned that some packages would no longer be available starting early May, can you please elaborate?
    • 429 posts
    May 1, 2019 1:47 PM PDT

@Artois , you want people to upgrade and feel they will not lose what they have ?

First most packages do just that atm . 

I find PROTF , to be far more adavanced in not only what you've shown but the graphics and gameplay . Yet your in pre-alpha .

Why not make some cash ?  so your in pre alpha , lets add a pledge to pay 15 $ a month to TEST /PLAY Alpha ? lots of games have done so and went to market . 

I have Alpha so make me no mind , but thinking of viablitlity and substainability .

Most are use to modern type games , meaning many PTW . 

Take adavantage of moving forward with cash , take it :) 

Find a way to to let your testers test yet PAY :) ( I MYself am willing to pay to test Alpha , yet I already am pledge in Alpha way before these forums exsisted ) .

This post was edited by Shea at May 1, 2019 2:04 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    May 1, 2019 1:57 PM PDT

I have a feeling VR think that opening Pre-Alpha to more people will actually do more bad than good at the moment. They probably already identified thousands of bugs from the Pre-Alpha folks feedback and are busy working on those.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 1, 2019 2:11 PM PDT

Xeos said: @Artois in one of the live streams it was mentioned that some packages would no longer be available starting early May, can you please elaborate?

Last week, we reopened the installment payment option for our larger pledges, specifically the Perceiver pledge at $500 and the Triumvirate pledge at $1000. These are now available at the price of $50 and $100 per month for 12 months respectively. While they cost more than the one time payment for the pledge, it does allow more people to take advantage of the rewards, especially with the Triumvirate pledge. That pledge currently has the reward of being added into our pre-alpha testing.

We are starting a new round of pledge rewards revamps. This allows us to alter the pledge reward packages and bring in some new rewards that might be more attractive to prospective pledgees. We are also going to be retiring some of our rewards that our early pledges were able to get. The first package to get a revamp will be the $100 Keeper pledge. It will most likely be completely retired and a new $100 pledge put in its place. After that, we will be assessing the Protector, Pathfinder and Adviser pledges. 

You can also look for some additional pledge options soon which will not follow the previous pattern of cascading pledges. 

More information will be announced soon.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 1, 2019 2:15 PM PDT

Shea said:

@Artois , you want people to upgrade and feel they will not lose what they have ?

I find PROTF , to be far more adavanced in not only what you've shown but the graphics and gameplay . Yet your in pre-alpha .

Why not make some cash ?  so your in pre alpha , lets add a pledge to pay 15 $ a month to TEST /PLAY Alpha ? lots of games have done so and went to market . 

I have Alpha so make me no mind , but thinking of viablitlity and substainability .

Find a way to to let your testers test yet PAY :) ( I MYself am willing to pay to test Alpha , yet I already am pledge in Alpha way before these forums exsisted ) .

We provide access to our testing sessions as a thank you for our generous backers for their pledges. As an independent game company, we use these pledges to keep us moving forward and developing the game. In November, we had a special pledge drive that helped us bring in some awesome team members. We don't look at selling testing access as that is against the spirit of who we are and what we are developing. 

That being said, we are exploring other options that would allow our fans to continue to support us on a more regular basis if they choose outside of purchasing a pledge package. I don't have any more specifics I can share at this time but we do get asked quite often how you can help us more and want to find a way that makes sense to all involved.

• 429 posts
    May 1, 2019 2:41 PM PDT

Artois said:

Shea said:

We provide access to our testing sessions as a thank you for our generous backers for their pledges. As an independent game company, we use these pledges to keep us moving forward and developing the game. In November, we had a special pledge drive that helped us bring in some awesome team members. We don't look at selling testing access as that is against the spirit of who we are and what we are developing. 

That being said, we are exploring other options that would allow our fans to continue to support us on a more regular basis if they choose outside of purchasing a pledge package. I don't have any more specifics I can share at this time but we do get asked quite often how you can help us more and want to find a way that makes sense to all involved.

Wanted to elaborate on what I meant .

First off if you have lets say BETA access , well you have a pledge that offers Alpha access for 15 $ a month ( without losing your benifits from Beta AE: gear bag whatnot ) people will pay for your Alpha access (yet keep their Beta gifts {shall we say } ). Same for Alpha , I have Alpha but Am willing to still give you 15$ a month . so long as I dont lose what my original Donation was :) 

• 3852 posts
    May 2, 2019 6:59 AM PDT

No further thoughts to share - just a thank you for the repeated replies by Artois.

• 68 posts
    May 2, 2019 11:57 AM PDT

I was thinking about so of the statements from the Veterns and was wondering about an open Vet pledge for Beta. After two months of beta you open it up to Vets to play for FREE for Four months. You would get some great testers and I think some great Panthein members. I