Forums » News and Announcements

CohhCarnage Stream - We Heard You!

• 9115 posts
    April 20, 2019 3:48 AM PDT

Greetings Fantheons. We have seen the comments requesting more from our upcoming stream with CohhCarnage and you’ve been heard. The stream will start with a daring group adventure in Halnir Cave. Then the team will share never-before-seen art, concepts and animation we’ve been working on for Project Faerthale. See you there!

https://twitch.tv/CohhCarnage
    Thursday
    April 25, 10am PDT.

• 93 posts
    April 20, 2019 4:03 AM PDT

Amazing! Thanks so much, VR!  I was one of the few who was content with just seeing more of the older content but I am certainly happy to get a taste of some new stuff too.  I fully understand that you don’t want to reveal any of PF until it is ready for prime time and I wouldn’t want it any other way.  Thanks for all your hard work on Pantheon.  I have faith that you will deliver the best gaming experience I have ever had and, while definately anxious, am happy to wait for it to be complete and polished.  Great job, VR!

This post was edited by urgatorbait at April 20, 2019 4:09 AM PDT
    • 200 posts
    April 20, 2019 5:01 AM PDT
    Very cool! No doubt the community is important to y'all. Much appreciated.
    • 189 posts
    April 20, 2019 5:24 AM PDT

I can't wait to see how much further you've progressed with the art and animation. 

I'll see you guys on the 25th ;)

• 372 posts
    April 20, 2019 7:27 AM PDT

Great. Thank you.

• 2 posts
    April 20, 2019 7:41 AM PDT

I'm so excited to see this stream. With or without new content to show i'm a pantheon fan and believe in the team building our new world. Thank you guys for all the hard work and keep it up! Also make shamans OP thanks.

• 520 posts
    April 20, 2019 7:50 AM PDT

Can't wait!

• 259 posts
    April 20, 2019 7:57 AM PDT

Awesome, can't wait!

• 197 posts
    April 20, 2019 9:16 AM PDT
    Thank you! Keep up the great work.
    • 11 posts
    April 20, 2019 10:04 AM PDT

Damn im so hyped,thank you!

• 1281 posts
    April 20, 2019 10:27 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Greetings Fantheons. We have seen the comments requesting more from our upcoming stream with CohhCarnage and you’ve been heard. The stream will start with a daring group adventure in Halnir Cave. Then the team will share never-before-seen art, concepts and animation we’ve been working on for Project Faerthale. See you there!

https://twitch.tv/CohhCarnage
    Thursday
    April 25, 10am PDT.

I will be at work, but I will catch the "repeat".....hehehe

• 1281 posts
    April 20, 2019 12:23 PM PDT

Nice little bonus added in. I'm really interested in checking out the animations.

• 201 posts
    April 20, 2019 12:52 PM PDT
    I'm glad something is being shown in response to the building negative sentiment. Now, the question will be if something real in terms of progress is shown or if it just filler. This could really impact the direction of opinion in either direction if it proves to be hollow or substantial. If it is a big letdown, that would likely indicate to me they have had their hand forced and progress is really worse than already suspected. I'm glad they are responding though regardless.
    • 372 posts
    April 20, 2019 4:14 PM PDT

Art, concepts and animation will be shown, antonius. 

• 379 posts
    April 20, 2019 5:05 PM PDT
    Finally, a bread crumb.
    • 74 posts
    April 20, 2019 8:13 PM PDT

antonius said: I'm glad something is being shown in response to the building negative sentiment. Now, the question will be if something real in terms of progress is shown or if it just filler. This could really impact the direction of opinion in either direction if it proves to be hollow or substantial. If it is a big letdown, that would likely indicate to me they have had their hand forced and progress is really worse than already suspected. I'm glad they are responding though regardless.

I agree.

Even though many of newsletter criticisms in the April newsletter thread were moderated away in ther name of assumption/misinformation/etc.. (which I think are probably most of the threads in the forums), I hope they had the desired effect of pushing the developers to do this. It shows that they are watching and that criticisms should regularly be brought up and that people shouldn't be afraid to chime in. I was definitely in the camp of "a new stream with mostly old content is inappropriate and offensive." Can you imagine if after a year since the PAX demo it was Black Rose Keep again?

As for the new elements, I hope that before and after examples of the animations/models are given side by side to show tangible progress. I also hope unique concepts/art like the Fatesmith/temple with scroll motif of the human city are brought up. They show the excellent ideas that the team has that sometimes get bogged down with the lack of shown progress. Focusing on those jewels can go a long way in regaining trust and give people something to talk about...even if they are assumptions and sometimes wrong.

• 178 posts
    April 20, 2019 11:50 PM PDT
    Well, you have opened that door...

I would like to make a request (if possible)

Will the participants will be other devs or other guests?
    I would like to see more crowd control game and less facetanking by wizards.
    I would like to see examples of non combat utility skill ( rope climbing, levitate, mass dance , pick lock, confuse a dev, etc)
    I would like if possible to see gear drops and how it differs from starter gear.
    I would like to know (at least in a conversation) what is the state of crafting, and if we can see crafted item.
    I would like to see a quest (if exist) for halnirs cave and its completion.
    Thank you.

• 1479 posts
    April 21, 2019 2:02 AM PDT

Looks like the topics in news and announcements became the roundtable of all the pessimistics of theses forums.

• 6 posts
    April 21, 2019 7:15 AM PDT
    Tyvm VR... keep on trucking!
    • 48 posts
    April 21, 2019 7:33 AM PDT

I am very excited for this stream, it sucks there are some negative posts on here. I dont see any other games atm (unless I missed it) that do this kind of stuff like streams, showing progress in art and ideas. Personally I am very happy with what they are doing. Very much enjoyed the april newsletter as well. Doing an amazing job VR cant wait for thursday!

• 71 posts
    April 21, 2019 9:20 AM PDT

This is especially sweet for me as my work schedule is Fri./Sat./Sund. ... I get to see a live stream!

--- My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. ---

• 2 posts
    April 21, 2019 4:31 PM PDT

I will also be at work, but I'll watch it when I get home.  Live streams take time away from game development, but I'm glad to see that the team is throwing us a bone. Pantheon is making an effort to show us as much as they can and I appreciate that we have another opportunity to see the game.

Axiously awaiting for Alpha to begin.

This post was edited by Modu at April 21, 2019 4:32 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    April 21, 2019 9:42 PM PDT

Noice! Looking forward to Thursday. raawr!!

• 945 posts
    April 22, 2019 7:02 AM PDT

I scheduled to work from home that day when I first read about this stream.  I hope to see the Devs keeping up with Cohh this time ;)

• 144 posts
    April 23, 2019 9:00 AM PDT

MyNegation said: Well, you have opened that door... I would like to make a request (if possible) Will the participants will be other devs or other guests? I would like to see more crowd control game and less facetanking by wizards. I would like to see examples of non combat utility skill ( rope climbing, levitate, mass dance , pick lock, confuse a dev, etc) I would like if possible to see gear drops and how it differs from starter gear. I would like to know (at least in a conversation) what is the state of crafting, and if we can see crafted item. I would like to see a quest (if exist) for halnirs cave and its completion. Thank you.

A lot of what you ask can be found on these forums.  If your a VIP go to the VIP lounge and ask there.

Kilsin is like the master at finding old threads faster than any I have seen.  Maybe he would be willing to link you a few.