Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pledge Rewards Questions

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 11:26 AM PDT

With this month's newsletter, we sought to provide clarity to many of the earlier pledge rewards. We often were asked questions on what a particular reward meant and how it would be implemented. While we have addressed many of them in the newsletter, we know there can be other questions that we might have missed. In addition, you might have further questions on the rewards we have discussed. This thread is to serve as a place to ask those questions and we will answer them. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible in regards to what the pledge rewards mean.

Therefore, give us your questions.

• 372 posts
    April 17, 2019 11:33 AM PDT

Early Name Reservation

Description: At some point prior to the release of Pantheon, Visionary Realms will open up a name reservation process. Once the announcement that the name reservation system is active is made, each pledge may reserve one character name as unique to his or her account on a first-come/first-served basis.

Thank you, Artois.

Forgive my confusion, I am short on sleep this week. This reads simple enough. I still find myself wondering if this will actually mean one character name for a server.  Does it mean server or, as it says, account regardless of server choice?

• 1921 posts
    April 17, 2019 11:37 AM PDT

Similarly..
    "Early Name Reservation

Description: At some point prior to the release of Pantheon, Visionary Realms will open up a name reservation process. Once the announcement that the name reservation system is active is made, each pledge may reserve one character name as unique to his or her account on a first-come/first-served basis. "

What is a character name?  Does this mean a single first name?  A single last name?  A single first and last name?  Will names be a single first name, or require a last name?  How short can a name be?  How long can the name be?  Do the length rules apply to both first and last names, if a last name is required?

EDIT:  Also, will any special characters be permitted, or Unicode, or locale/language specific?  Will apostrophes or numbers be permitted, or will it be a-zA-Z only?

This post was edited by vjek at April 17, 2019 11:41 AM PDT
    • 230 posts
    April 17, 2019 11:55 AM PDT

vjek said:

Similarly..
    "Early Name Reservation

Description: At some point prior to the release of Pantheon, Visionary Realms will open up a name reservation process. Once the announcement that the name reservation system is active is made, each pledge may reserve one character name as unique to his or her account on a first-come/first-served basis. "

What is a character name?  Does this mean a single first name?  A single last name?  A single first and last name?  Will names be a single first name, or require a last name?  How short can a name be?  How long can the name be?  Do the length rules apply to both first and last names, if a last name is required?

EDIT:  Also, will any special characters be permitted, or Unicode, or locale/language specific?  Will apostrophes or numbers be permitted, or will it be a-zA-Z only?

that's a good point.

I mean with the progeny system I would want to reserve my surname so that I and my progeny could use it.

• 1921 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:17 PM PDT

As far as clarification goes, many of the pledge rewards indicate "Included only for pledges made before ... " a date. 
    Currently, this date is ambiguous, as it doesn't conform to ISO 8601.
    It would be great if the date format was made consistent with ISO 8601, and any future date references also use that standard.
    I know it seems like nitpicking, but for customers outside the USA, this is really important for localization and clarity.

• 230 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:23 PM PDT

vjek said:

As far as clarification goes, many of the pledge rewards indicate "Included only for pledges made before ... " a date. 
    It would be great if the date format was made consistent with ISO 8601, and any future date references also use that standard.
    I know it seems like nitpicking, but for customers outside the USA, this is really important for localization and clarity.

That's interesting. I work for a German comapny and a Swedish company before that and all their European offices always use 17-04-2019. Which alaways makes me look twice until we get to the 13th of the month

• 1921 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:25 PM PDT

Yeah, I have no idea what the date is they're showing, and I'd rather not guess. :)

• 200 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:40 PM PDT

redirecting my question from the news section:

"Thanks for the newsletter! Is the Ring of the Fallen still in the works? And it looks like the early name reservation reward will only allow one name per server opposed to having the possibility of numerous people with the same name running around? Is that a safe assumption? 

Thanks! Good work friends!"

and the tunic and backpack now that I'm looking at them all?

This post was edited by WarKnight at April 17, 2019 12:44 PM PDT
    • 1785 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:44 PM PDT

I don't have any specific questions right now, but I wanted to post and say I really appreciate the clarifications in the newsletter - and this thread :)

• 174 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:54 PM PDT

Assuming american company american format 10/12/15 would be October 12th 2015. I'm wondering does first come first served mean first pledged? Would someone who pledged in 2014 choose before someone in 2015, or is it a free for all when the announcement is made?

• 230 posts
    April 17, 2019 12:59 PM PDT

vjek said:

Yeah, I have no idea what the date is they're showing, and I'd rather not guess. :)

It's Month/day/year

• 200 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:02 PM PDT

How will the "Founder’s Conclave" be different than any other zone apart from restricted access? Are there any more specifics? 

• 53 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:16 PM PDT

Chimerical said:

Assuming american company american format 10/12/15 would be October 12th 2015. I'm wondering does first come first served mean first pledged? Would someone who pledged in 2014 choose before someone in 2015, or is it a free for all when the announcement is made?

If everyone that has pledged (and will pledge) has an account on this forum. Then VR could create a field in everyone's profile named "Early Name Reservation" and pre-populate the field with the user's Forum Name since the forum names are unique. I used my prefered character name as my forum name and many others probably did also. For people that didn't use their character name as the forum name, they can just edit this field as needed and the system can check for uniqueness before the edit is saved.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:43 PM PDT

vjek said:

Thanks for pointing this out. Our Tech team just fixed this. For clarification, the date we are discussing is October 12, 2015.

This post was edited by Artois at April 17, 2019 2:05 PM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:44 PM PDT

Thanks Artois, it's much appreciated.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:46 PM PDT

Laeril said:

Chimerical said:

If everyone that has pledged (and will pledge) has an account on this forum. Then VR could create a field in everyone's profile named "Early Name Reservation" and pre-populate the field with the user's Forum Name since the forum names are unique. I used my prefered character name as my forum name and many others probably did also. For people that didn't use their character name as the forum name, they can just edit this field as needed and the system can check for uniqueness before the edit is saved.

Yes, most likely we will be using a system similar to what you have described to ensure that the name is matched to the correct account. This would eliminate the issue that someone else might want to take your character name before you were able to register it.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:50 PM PDT

WarKnight said:

How will the "Founder’s Conclave" be different than any other zone apart from restricted access? Are there any more specifics? 

The Founder's Conclave will be a place accessible only by those who had it as part of their pledge. Some thoughts we have had is that this location would have more conveniently placed resources like vendors, crafting station, etc in a smaller area. While you can find and use the same resources in the larger settlement areas, having access to the Conclave is more convenient. There are other ideas we are working on but we don't want to spill the beans on all of those yet.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:51 PM PDT

WarKnight said:

redirecting my question from the news section:

"Thanks for the newsletter! Is the Ring of the Fallen still in the works? And it looks like the early name reservation reward will only allow one name per server opposed to having the possibility of numerous people with the same name running around? Is that a safe assumption? 

Thanks! Good work friends!"

and the tunic and backpack now that I'm looking at them all?

Yes, the Ring of the Fallen, tunic and backpack are still pledge rewards but weren't included in this reward update. I will place them on the list for further clarification.

This post was edited by Artois at April 17, 2019 1:53 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 1:54 PM PDT

DracoKalen said:

vjek said:

Similarly..
    "Early Name Reservation

that's a good point.

I mean with the progeny system I would want to reserve my surname so that I and my progeny could use it.

Great questions. Let me get a bit more clarification from the design team on what I can share. I will say that many of these details will be released closer to the time we open the Early Name Reservation System.

This post was edited by Artois at April 17, 2019 1:55 PM PDT
    • 159 posts
    April 17, 2019 2:22 PM PDT

I know there are some rewards that were promised to ge carried forward from those that kept their kickstarter pledges (an island, a box of mystery goodies [I believe this was an addon during KS], and a few more). What of them?

Early name reservation: clarification on first name, last name, or specific combination of both would be good to know.

Conclave: are crafting stations aimed to be limited to one crafter at a time or can everyone clustered around it use it at the same time? Is the Conclave going to be an instance you zone into by clicking the door or will it be a different room per city (flagged to open the door but others can rush thru the door when its opened)? If it's one individual instance available from multiple points of entry will this be able to be used for fast travel across the globe?

This post was edited by Xilshale at April 17, 2019 2:25 PM PDT
    • 200 posts
    April 17, 2019 2:44 PM PDT

Thanks for the response Artois!

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 17, 2019 2:56 PM PDT

Xilshale said:

I know there are some rewards that were promised to ge carried forward from those that kept their kickstarter pledges (an island, a box of mystery goodies [I believe this was an addon during KS], and a few more). What of them?

Early name reservation: clarification on first name, last name, or specific combination of both would be good to know.

Conclave: are crafting stations aimed to be limited to one crafter at a time or can everyone clustered around it use it at the same time? Is the Conclave going to be an instance you zone into by clicking the door or will it be a different room per city (flagged to open the door but others can rush thru the door when its opened)? If it's one individual instance available from multiple points of entry will this be able to be used for fast travel across the globe?

The Kickstarter rewards were not included in this pass of fleshing out rewards but will be added to the list for further clarification for those that are eligible.

In regards to the Conclave, many cities will have their own version of this and thus will not be able to be used to fast travel. The role and use of crafting stations are outside of the scope of these posts so I will leave that for the design team for a later conversation.

• 3 posts
    April 17, 2019 3:16 PM PDT

Nameplate Color

Description: Different player nameplate color frame.
    November 2018 pledge

Can you tell us anything more regarding nameplate frame colors?  Is the plan ultimately to offer a variety of colors through various means (in-game quest/feat/etc-based, as an example)?  If not, this pledge reward seems like it may be amongst the best ever offered for any tier ever, period (if it ends up being the sole way to change from the default color... only being offered for a few weeks, a few years before the game even launches).

Also, is there any chance this pledge-drive reward may return (and for the same still-unannounced color)?

• 99 posts
    April 17, 2019 3:39 PM PDT
    Any idea what the rewards for Patron's Pledge were? I forgot and cant seem to search them up. Just that it was reworked.
    • 1095 posts
    April 17, 2019 3:40 PM PDT

First: 

Will the people who have the design questline, name a POI, name a NPC, create an item and name an item have a chance to scope out the game for possible locations to help make the decision?

Second:

Will more details on creating an item as in balance and available stats/clicky effect be available, this would be NDA material I am sure so I assume woudl well with my first question given access.

Also what about partical effects etc

Third:

Same for Boss and questline, point system on npc design and stats/skills per difficulty. Also NDA Item

Fourth:

Can we combine all the perks like name an POI, questline, npc, create item etc into one cool experience.

Fifth:

What about :

Game Item: Fun Illusion

Game Item: Astral Guide Vanity Pet

Game Item: Tunic of the Planes

Game Item: Explorer's Backpack 

This post was edited by Aich at April 17, 2019 4:14 PM PDT