Forums » News and Announcements

Developer Roundtable - February

• 9115 posts
    March 7, 2019 3:11 PM PST

Hi folks!

First off, I wanted to say a big thank you to our incredible VIP community who have graciously allowed me to share this with the rest of you. These Developer Roundtables were exclusive VIP content that I started back up last month, and after putting it to a vote to allow the rest of the community access to these Dev Roundtables, there was an overwhelming consensus to share it with everyone else.

So, here it is, February's Developer Roundtable where I invited Mike (Artois) and Jason (Medawky) from our friendly CS team to jump in and chat with me for an hour about all things CS, so please enjoy. :)

https://youtu.be/NyJUGZGu69w

• 3 posts
    March 7, 2019 4:18 PM PST

Just gave this a listen - thanks for the insight! 

• 24 posts
    March 7, 2019 4:36 PM PST

Does this mean we will get upcoming VIP Developer Roundtables posted to youtube? 

• 1785 posts
    March 7, 2019 5:21 PM PST

I can't speak for Kilsin but I think that is the plan.

• 379 posts
    March 7, 2019 6:20 PM PST

I am glad my post created change.

• 3237 posts
    March 7, 2019 6:30 PM PST

02/22/2019 VIP Roundtable Summary

Featuring:  Ben Walters (Kilsin) / Jason Bolton (Medawky) / Mike Butler (Artois)

Medawky Introduction

Artois Introduction

Kilsin mentions that all support tickets are currently answered by either Artois/Medawky, the unsung heroes of the CS department that keep the needle moving.  He then suggests that they will be moving on to the list of preloaded questions that were asked in the February 2019 Roundtable Thread.  He opens with a caveat that they will do their best to answer the questions asked, noting that some of their answers will be more of a personal opinion or basic idea of what they are thinking as far as potential direction.  It's still too early in the development process for them to have the fine details of a PNP set in stone, but they will respond the best they can to help put our minds at ease.

Question #1:  "Knowing that competition for resources is an inherent aspect of an open-world game, will there be a competitive "Spirit of the Game" in Pantheon, or will competition (in general) be considered bad behavior that will need to be regulated by CS?"

Artois Response

Medawky Response

Kilsin Response

Question #2:  "Is there any chance of a guide program like EQ had to help with in-game CS stuff?"

Artois Response

Kilsin Response

Question #3:  "Is there a plan to enforce a play nice policy or will you be relying on community policing?"

Medawky Response

Artois Response

Question#4:  "How does VR plan on dealing with botting/hacking/cheating issues, and how active will your CS team be?  Are you actually going to suspend/ban players for breaking the rules or will you allow the rules to be broken and thus embolden these specific players to keep up exactly what they are doing?"

Artois Response

Medawky Response

Kilsin Response

Question #5:  "How will tickets be prioritized, and what's the standard expectation for response times?"

Artois Response

Medawky Response

Question #6:  "Do you have a rough idea of what your staff to player ratio will look like after launch?"

Artois Response

Medawky Response

Question #7:  "Are there any rough ideas of how any potential scamming may be handled?  Some games are completely hands off and let players fend for themselves (buyer beware type thing) --  I am talking about any sort of deliberate scam from one player to another, with proof."

Medawky Response

Artois Response

Question #8:  "Will characters be able to change their name or transfer realms for a fee?"

Kilsin Response

Artois Response

Medawky Response

Kilsin discusses community feedback and pledges

Question #9:  "Will GM's have standard recognizable outfits?"

Artois Response

Artois discusses an update to pledge information

Roundtable transitions to open format for final 12 minutes

TL;DR:

Community matters.  Reputation matters.  VR is committed to delivering excellent customer service.  Community policing will be leaned on.  Pantheon will be an open world game and hopes to achieve a fun/healthy sense of competition, but the GM team is cognizant of how things can get out of hand at times and will get involved if players intentionally disrupt the experience of others.  The intent of players will be a major consideration for when GM's will get involved, as well as their history, the frequency of their reported negative actions, and severity of any issues they create.  VR appreciates community feedback and will be leaning on said community at some point in the future when it comes time to define what they will or will not be responsible for enforcing.  Hacking/Botting/Cheating will not be tolerated.

We will likely see threads opened up in the future where some of these topics are discussed in greater detail.  There may be some new pledge options added in the future, and it's possible that some of the existing pledges will be revised.  A document will be released in an upcoming newsletter that will provide more detailed information on the various pledge perks that players already qualify for, including those from the kickstarter days.  There will likely be a guide system at some point but guides won't be considered an official GM nor will they operate as a volunteer representative of the CS team.  A play nice policy is in the works but the details won't be finalized until closer to launch.  VR cares, listens, and watches.  Roenick cheats.  Kumu has a very snazzy friend and keeps fun-loving company.

• 41 posts
    March 7, 2019 6:43 PM PST

Thanks for the Q&A. Nice to hear some of our questions answered and here some updates!

• 3 posts
    March 7, 2019 7:07 PM PST

Awesome  Kilsin! Thanks for setting this up. This will help a lot. Looking forward to hearing more down the road.

• 9115 posts
    March 8, 2019 12:26 AM PST

brandon said:

Does this mean we will get upcoming VIP Developer Roundtables posted to youtube? 

Yes but a week or so after they are recorded so the VIPs that missed the live Roundtable can watch it first, then I will release it to everyone :)

• 9115 posts
    March 8, 2019 12:36 AM PST

I am glad you guys are enjoying it so much, I look forward to sharing next months with you all :)

• 200 posts
    March 8, 2019 6:37 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I am glad you guys are enjoying it so much, I look forward to sharing next months with you all :)

thanks good sir for doing this and to the vip crowd!

• 3852 posts
    March 8, 2019 7:43 AM PST

Thanks to Kilsin and VR but also to those in the VIP group that didn't object to their well-deserved perk being "watered down" from getting the Roundtables to now getting the Roundtables a week before anyone else.

• 3 posts
    March 8, 2019 11:12 AM PST

Please just don't turn a play nice policy into a SJW nightmare. The great thing about early mmorpgs like EQ is that the community moderated itself to a certain extent. If you wanted to be a prick, you suffered for it by being less likely to get into groups and such. What we do not need to take the modern day ultra controlling regulations of speech and interaction that rampant political and media manipulation has injected into everything and have it rule the day versus common sense.

Early mmorpgs were about what you could do, with hard work and effort. Not about starting off with an ever growing list of things you can't do or else...

This post was edited by Rallos at March 8, 2019 11:13 AM PST
    • 839 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:31 PM PST

Rallos said:

Please just don't turn a play nice policy into a SJW nightmare. The great thing about early mmorpgs like EQ is that the community moderated itself to a certain extent. If you wanted to be a prick, you suffered for it by being less likely to get into groups and such. What we do not need to take the modern day ultra controlling regulations of speech and interaction that rampant political and media manipulation has injected into everything and have it rule the day versus common sense.

Early mmorpgs were about what you could do, with hard work and effort. Not about starting off with an ever growing list of things you can't do or else...

I think you mean you dont want it to be a nanny state.  If you want a community to moderate itself efficiently then we need SJW's.  Stand up for how you believe the game community should be and teach others or (if unable to teach) exclude those who try to tear the community down.

• 3852 posts
    March 9, 2019 7:08 AM PST

I think that ...well quite a few threads under General Pantheon discussion focus on how many rules there should be and how they should be enforced. And whether community self-regulation works or doesn't work. Maybe this debate should continue there.

• 1479 posts
    March 9, 2019 2:34 PM PST

Too hard for me to follow with only audio and no visual cues, but if someone has the patience to make a full written version, I will be glad to read it.

Anyway: Thanks for sharing more about pantheon every passing year, the team is awesome but the long waiting is a torture.

• 839 posts
    March 9, 2019 6:12 PM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

Too hard for me to follow with only audio and no visual cues, but if someone has the patience to make a full written version, I will be glad to read it.

Anyway: Thanks for sharing more about pantheon every passing year, the team is awesome but the long waiting is a torture.

Full write up on Reddit from what I saw earlier matey

• 3 posts
    March 9, 2019 6:49 PM PST

dorotea said:

I think that ...well quite a few threads under General Pantheon discussion focus on how many rules there should be and how they should be enforced. And whether community self-regulation works or doesn't work. Maybe this debate should continue there.

It was mentioned here, in this thread. Why would you think it has to be carried somewhere else? It's not like there's an amazing amount of fodder clogging everything up.

• 39 posts
    March 10, 2019 5:21 AM PDT

what does cs stand for?

• 3852 posts
    March 10, 2019 9:10 AM PDT

CS is customer service I assume from the context.

While the request is often ignored by many of us (myself included at times) VR has asked that where possible all discussion of significant issues be conducted in threads devoted to those issues if such threads already exist. To make it easier for them to see our suggestions and opinions in one place rather than in many places. 

• 1479 posts
    March 10, 2019 11:01 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

MauvaisOeil said:

Full write up on Reddit from what I saw earlier matey

Thanks mate, that was quite helpfull.

• 24 posts
    March 10, 2019 3:50 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Yes but a week or so after they are recorded so the VIPs that missed the live Roundtable can watch it first, then I will release it to everyone :)

Awesome! Shout out to the VIP's that voted for their rewards to get a little weakened for the greater good.

• 223 posts
    March 11, 2019 1:36 PM PDT

Thank you very much for sharing.

• 8 posts
    March 11, 2019 5:22 PM PDT

Yay, Zombie Kangaroo's, lets just hope they model them on the Western Red kangaroo's the others are just pussy's