Forums » The Wizard

MANA BURN

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2018 6:32 AM PST

Tell me there's going to be Mana Burn type abilities in game? 

Boy, that was about the most fun MMO experience I've had to date in MMO's was MANA BURN parties! Anyone else remember these? 

Or better yet the Slime pit with 1 Bard 4 Wizards? Ha!!

This post was edited by Foleybot300 at November 21, 2018 5:12 PM PST
    • 1104 posts
    November 21, 2018 1:46 PM PST

Hell ya man!  The wiz got crazy with AA's!  Wiz and Necro were pretty boss on PvP servers, if a good one got the drop on you in an open area you were in trouble, and they had some really good escape utility as well if you jumped them.  I'm hoping the DL's threat mechanic will do well paired with burst damage classes like the wizzie.

• 673 posts
    November 21, 2018 3:13 PM PST

Foleybot300 said: Tell me there's going to be Mana Burn type abilities in game?

In the Wizard Reveal we see that they have the following ability:

Inferno Lance
    Charged Ability. You launch a spear of molten mana into your enemy, followed by a burning shockwave that damages all enemies in front of you up to X meters away. The longer you charge this ability before releasing, the more Mana it will cost and the more damage it will deal to all affected enemies.

So while this is not exactly Mana Burn, it is somewhat similar. It is unclear if there is a Maximum charging time and damage or if you could potentially burn your entire Mana bar in one burst. It would probably not be efficent, as using the same amount of Mana in several casts of another ability might yield more damage for the total mana cost, but if you just want one big burst all at once to finish off a fleeing target this could be handy.

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2018 6:08 PM PST

Ha! We did Darch!! Wow, good call GoofyWarrior.. That's does look like a similiar situation!! o.O