Forums » The Monk

Monk new images with Gi's

• 129 posts
    November 20, 2018 2:32 PM PST

To continue my obsession with Monk armor  ;) I noticed in the November issue of new the Perception page here:  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_november_behind_the_design_perception/ and ...

There were two images that looked pretty cool, with character "Roemonk" wearing what appears to be a robin's egg blue and gold Gi.   Pretty cool, though I'd think white or black might be cooler... what do YOU Think? The image below is the closeup, the other shows the full armor.  Check it out!

This post was edited by Nagasakee at November 20, 2018 2:35 PM PST
    • 41 posts
    November 20, 2018 4:36 PM PST

Wow I am in game! Ahh you guys missed my tatoo, but close enough.

• 4528 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:23 PM PST

Yes I saw this and was immediately impressed. A monk alt is looking more and more appealing to me. That guy looks like he means business lol. I'm sure we'll see more color variations of this model as well.

• 676 posts
    November 21, 2018 6:56 AM PST

It will be cool if the yellow belt in that picture is actually his belt item and not just part of the pants.

• 1109 posts
    November 23, 2018 12:16 PM PST

Definitely looking like a B@d@ss.  Although he is ripped, I hope you can display Gi tops sometimes too... kind of Ken/Ryu style.  Maybe even through in some ninja stuff for those that like that style, and or some straw hats.  Like Goofy said, I hope the belt is actually indicative of the belt the player has equipped.  That could be something that monks wear in pride or to determine their rank within their order.

• 1898 posts
    November 23, 2018 12:39 PM PST

I love the belt idea. I loved the Shackle chain in EQ, and it's counterpart for Human monk. Class quest became so easy over the years they are no longer a recognition of anything in actual games, just a scenarized step with minimal difficulty.

• 3 posts
    February 8, 2019 6:31 AM PST

Love this picture, makes me excited to play monk even more! I see this picture and am immediately reminded of Mulan's "Let's get down to business" song lol

• 4 posts
    March 8, 2019 10:11 AM PST

I wonder if someone can make a fat "buddha" style monk haha. Or perhaps that is a future class release of the Sumo....

• 8 posts
    April 2, 2019 4:05 PM PDT

Wow this is impressive!  Seeing this I don't know if I will be able to hold off making Monk.  I am anxiously waiting to see if an "Iksar" type race will be added, but this pic looks very good.

• 129 posts
    September 29, 2019 7:48 AM PDT

I also love the two ideas of seperate colored belts, kind of like the old EQ sashes, but VISIBLE.  Straw hats are a big yes, as is the Ninja look.  All great ideas guys.