Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafter's Roundtable: Re-forging or Re-crafting

• 1785 posts
    September 25, 2018 8:25 AM PDT

As always, the weekly Crafter's Roundtable is brought to you by Pantheon Crafters :)

This week's roundtable: How do you feel about a system or recipes that allow crafters to take older items or damaged/broken items and "re-forge" them into something new and more powerful? Should this sort of thing be only for some items or quests, or should it be relatively common? How should it work?

Let us know your thoughts!

• 10 posts
    September 25, 2018 11:06 AM PDT

I'm a fan of the relatively common approach. As a player that likes to gather resources, I don't like having to sell something (especially bind on pickup items) and prefer having the option to break it down into a percentage of it's original pieces if I've got the crafter expertise to do it.

As for re-forging, I'd normally say no, but since I've been on a big Diablo III kick again, maybe that's actually a good idea, haha.

• 319 posts
    September 25, 2018 12:06 PM PDT

A big YES  here. I feel that in the case of a broken item you should be able to reforge it back with a minimum of mats. And to recraft you should be able to improve a weapon or armor with higher level mats and a higher level of skill than it took to create the item the first time.

Also re-crafting should be an item that was crafted originaly, not from some store bought item. Maybe certain items that drop can be marked as re-craftable with a skill level minimum.

• 294 posts
    September 25, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

I like this idea also.

I especially like the idea of taking say two or even three old swords to reforge into another weapon altogether, say an axe or two-handed sword.

It would be especially cool if you could extract some of the stats from the original weapons with the possibility of losing something along the way, or gaining something, or even gaining bonus stats with a lucky throw of the dice.