Forums » The Skar

• 18 posts
    September 13, 2018 5:43 AM PDT

The Skar will now look like Skeletal demon.

I think they look great but i'm more a lizard type of guy.

before the rework skar were in my top 3 race to pick.

i think i will cross my finger for a lizard race in the futur.

• 1885 posts
    September 13, 2018 6:50 AM PDT

Id the Skar had a leathery tail would that satisfy some of the philo-repere?

• 274 posts
    September 13, 2018 6:58 AM PDT

The comment I made on the Skar Reveal on Twitter said, "Maybe add tails."

The only person that liked my comment was Brad McQuaid. Just saying.

• 169 posts
    September 13, 2018 7:06 AM PDT

Save the tails for an expansion race. Skar are just fine as they were supposed to be a unique spin off of undead. Undead didn't have tails before in other games did they? Besides, when I think of lizard and tails, it reminds me of the Forgotten Realms trilogy (Azure Bonds perhaps) and that had a tailed lizardy paladin in it, not quite my definition of evil.

• 651 posts
    September 13, 2018 8:46 AM PDT

Hmmm tails could help out the Skar redesign.

I'm mostly extremely disappointed in the loss of digitigrade legs. My husband went from being super excited about the Skar to not wanting to play one at all. They're just too humanoid now.

• 1964 posts
    September 13, 2018 9:04 AM PDT

Everytime I saw the old design I thought they were simply a remodeled iksar. 

Some people wanted an Iksar.  If you are leaning heavily on Iksar nostalgia I understand why some people would prefer the other model but I feel like this one is better from the standpoint of being an original race.

• 42 posts
    September 13, 2018 9:37 AM PDT

hmm Iksar did not have this demonic skeletton face.

tails are also not needed for this race this will mismatch to this race.

just my oppinion.

• 345 posts
    September 13, 2018 9:45 AM PDT

Honestly I love the new Skar reveal, so much that I've decided to change my main to a Skar.

• 8 posts
    September 13, 2018 11:18 AM PDT

Honestly the new Skar look pretty darn phenomenal... I for one didn't care for the old look much but I'm considering to swap my mains race now. Big thumbs up from me!

• 385 posts
    September 13, 2018 11:24 AM PDT

i didn't like the old model and the new one is just as bad, if not worse. but, glad some people like it. 

i will never make a skar character. 

• 18 posts
    September 13, 2018 11:26 AM PDT

Image result for skar pantheon

• 18 posts
    September 13, 2018 11:28 AM PDT

the shaman skar picture got me exited

• 516 posts
    September 13, 2018 12:37 PM PDT

Xenomorphicly speaking, look at the legs on these creatures.  They are made for running.  Now look at their torsos.  They are top-heavy.  That being the case, they should have long skinny tail to help with running balance.  This also tells me that this race should definately have a speed bonus.

• 773 posts
    September 13, 2018 2:28 PM PDT

I like the new look. It makes a lot of sense. The lore definitely influenced the look, you can tell. 

• 273 posts
    September 13, 2018 2:33 PM PDT

I vastly prefer the new one, I probably won't play one, though, so its sad that those who had picked it for their "main" don't like it anymore. Hopefully they can find another race they like!

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2018 3:08 PM PDT

I absolutely prefer the new one.  I think the old ones just had too many similarities to iksars, but were worse.

I really like how evil the new skar look.

I still won't play one.  Humans ftw.

• 11 posts
    September 13, 2018 4:11 PM PDT

Im not too sure about the new look. Will have to wait and see what a 3d render looks like.

• 2952 posts
    September 13, 2018 4:26 PM PDT

I like the new look.

It leaves a little more leeway for a reptilian race some expansion down the road...

• 1964 posts
    September 14, 2018 1:23 AM PDT
    I keep seeing posts by people who want some type of lizard race.
    Am I the only one that think humanoid animal races are lame? It is so over done at this point. Create something unique based on the lore.
    I don't need a lizard person or a tiger person or a frog person or a panda person. Ridiculous.
    • 128 posts
    September 14, 2018 4:01 AM PDT
    It's 2018 and at this point I think most things have already been done. This is why im happy to see interesting variations and takes on existing things, or combinations thereof. I like this new skar quite a bit. Much more than the prickly insect guys from before.
    • 49 posts
    September 14, 2018 6:22 AM PDT

philo said: I keep seeing posts by people who want some type of lizard race. Am I the only one that think humanoid animal races are lame? It is so over done at this point. Create something unique based on the lore. I don't need a lizard person or a tiger person or a frog person or a panda person. Ridiculous.

Agree completely.

• 38 posts
    September 14, 2018 6:27 AM PDT
    Two thumbs up from me on the imagining.
    Definitely put skar near the top of my list. Now I need to go back and find out what they didbto piss off the nine god so badly.

As for animal/reptilian races... Bring on a skaven-like PC race!
    • 516 posts
    September 14, 2018 12:25 PM PDT

philo said: I keep seeing posts by people who want some type of lizard race. Am I the only one that think humanoid animal races are lame? It is so over done at this point. Create something unique based on the lore. I don't need a lizard person or a tiger person or a frog person or a panda person. Ridiculous.

I value your opinion, but take in to account the very nature of Terminus.  There have been countless races over the ages.  There will be countless more (presumably).  We have to face the eventuality that some form of evolution in another dimension is eventually going to give us little otter-people.  Or some sort of slime-based race.  Or some form of race that exists in a quasi-dimensional phase so that they appear according to how you think they should look.  Live and let live.

• 651 posts
    September 14, 2018 4:21 PM PDT

I had to google Iksar, as I wasn't familiar with it, but... I'm not entirely sure where people are seeing similarities between the original concept art for the Skar, who looked downright demonic, and the Iksar, who appear to be flat-out lizard people. If anything, the redesign is what looks more reptilian.

This post was edited by Naunet at September 14, 2018 4:21 PM PDT
    • 466 posts
    September 16, 2018 4:21 AM PDT

The similarity is more in the lore, description and history than in the visuals . The name which is an anagram . Their origins - both were slave races . The spikes . The evil and being KOS everywhere . An animal/undead look (there were undead Iksar too) . Their worship of violence and cruelty . No nose . But even in the visuals - if you put pointy teeth on a Skar instead of the flat undead teeth , you will obtain a definitely Iksar looking face .

For me the impression was : take Iksar culture, lore, history and philosophy , for the visuals mix 50 % Iksar , 30 % undead and 20 % insect/goblin and you obtain the Skars .