Forums » The Summoner

Summoners!

    • 30 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:20 AM PDT

    They look so awesome!  Hurry up with alpha

     

    • 128 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    They do look very interesting! Huge amounts of utility, which is awesome. I'm still incredibly torn, probably even moreso after the reveal, about which of the three casters I'll pick, haha.

    • 451 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    So far i honestly think the summoners offer the most utilty . was great read . and i Think i've made my choice . summoners all the way . I am estatic :):):) 

    • 607 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    Ok, we got you guys the class info -- should we just ship the game now? :)

    • 74 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:36 AM PDT

    Aradune said:

    Ok, we got you guys the class info -- should we just ship the game now? :)

     

    Uhhh full disclosure, this newsletter got me to upgrade from Knight's Pledge to Pathfiner's Pledge.

    *slides chips across table* I'm all in.

    • 451 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    Puts all chips on table show your hand :P Hoping we can name our UNDINE , even though its not like a actual pet its with us and can help our pets . would like to name it ..

    lets all play hangman :)

    I plan to play a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    Named _ _ _ _ _ _ .

    UNDINE Named _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.  


    This post was edited by Shea at August 8, 2018 11:50 AM PDT
    • 208 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:34 PM PDT

    That's great to hear picks86!

    I have to admit, I felt I was taking some of the largest risks when designing the Summoner class, so it's making me very happy to hear it is resonating with so many. Now we've got a serious road ahead of us while we get all 12 of these Classes implemented by PA4!

    • 405 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:41 PM PDT

    Joppa said:

    That's great to hear picks86!

    I have to admit, I felt I was taking some of the largest risks when designing the Summoner class, so it's making me very happy to hear it is resonating with so many. Now we've got a serious road ahead of us while we get all 12 of these Classes implemented by PA4!

    No risk, No Reward sir :D

    • 773 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:42 PM PDT
    I am enjoying how they have put the pantheon touch to familiar classes. I like how things are shaping up. Summoner is going to be interesting to play.
    • 30 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:44 PM PDT

    Granted i dont know how large the "wall" spell will be, but that sounds aweseome to stop a train.   Plus the utility of the escape portal!!   I was hooked on the Druid reveals but the summoner sounds so great

     

    • 30 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:53 PM PDT

    It also sounds like there will be some synergy brewing between enchanters and summoners which could lead to some cool duo's

    • 208 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:55 PM PDT

    Jaced said:

    It also sounds like there will be some synergy brewing between enchanters and summoners which could lead to some cool duo's

    Absolutely :)

    • 773 posts
    August 8, 2018 1:55 PM PDT

    I am hoping for more combo's, maybe not so obvious ones, on future abilities. The Monster Summoning and Dire Charm one is cool. Takes the guesswork out of trying to find a monster that is decent DPS in certain zones. And i love the Undine concept, i am hoping for more pet abilities on other classes. Beastlord perhaps? ;)

    • 304 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:19 PM PDT

    I thought the summoner was great, too! Awesome job, guys!

    • 53 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:26 PM PDT

    Jaced said:

    Granted i dont know how large the "wall" spell will be, but that sounds aweseome to stop a train.   Plus the utility of the escape portal!!   I was hooked on the Druid reveals but the summoner sounds so great

     

    I wonder if the wall spell blocks player movement... If it does, it would open up a ton of possible griefing:
    Trap people inside of buildings in town.
    Kill people by blocking escape routes.
    Prevent people from boarding ships.
    Perhaps you could even block people out of areas you are camping.

    Seems like there's a lot more opportunity to use the spell for evil than there is for good.

    • 1885 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:39 PM PDT

    I liked the summon ladder, and table of food that all other players could eat form :)

    • 385 posts
    August 9, 2018 12:14 AM PDT

    Ugh The Summoner makes my Class choice (main) sooooo hard now. (I will have one of ever single class eventually) 

    Now after watching Joppa play Wizard, I really liked it, but summoner looks great too. Cohh playing Dire Lord makes me wanna tank on a DL. 

    but I also like shaman, cleric and enchanter lol   argh... I am also upgrading to Pathfinder as well after seeing these last two streams and all the classes. 

     

    And to answer Brad's question: Not yet, but hurry ;p 

    Joppa, great job on class designs. 

     

    • 268 posts
    August 9, 2018 5:54 AM PDT
    Nobody is going to play the game because we're all going to get stuck at the class selection screen trying to decide lol
    • 385 posts
    August 9, 2018 5:41 PM PDT

    Ashvaild said: Nobody is going to play the game because we're all going to get stuck at the class selection screen trying to decide lol

    LOL. True, but that does say something for the game and character design. If it's a hard choice, that means Classes are all going to be fun! 

    Can't wait 

    • 1715 posts
    August 10, 2018 4:57 PM PDT

    No COTH or equivalent, unless I missed something? :|

    • 130 posts
    August 11, 2018 1:31 PM PDT

    Summoner looks good  though im not sure i want to need a Enchanter to aid me in every encounter. 

    Like the summon ladder and summon raft alot. 

     


    This post was edited by Kiera at August 11, 2018 1:41 PM PDT