Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Is colored mana still a thing?

• 104 posts
    August 6, 2018 7:06 AM PDT

Haven't heard about this feature in ages so I assume it's gone but is there an official answer? Still something the dev's are looking at?

• 313 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:00 AM PDT

I'm gona go out on a limb and say no and thank god.

• 1479 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:36 AM PDT

I think it's now "personnal class ressource" more than anything.

• 578 posts
    August 6, 2018 9:55 AM PDT

I'd actually like to know about this too. Forgot all about colored mana...

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    August 6, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

Yes, and coming before Alpha.

• 2756 posts
    August 6, 2018 10:58 AM PDT

Aradune said:Yes, and coming before Alpha.

Noiche!

• 1315 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:27 AM PDT

Aradune said:

Looking forward to seeing more about it.

• 627 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:38 AM PDT
    Great thanks Aradune! I for one are very interested in the different versions our spells that can be achieved, when using different coloured mana.
    • 313 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

I wasn't really a fan of it as it was shown in the early streams, but maybe they've revamped it a bit or the reality will exceed my initial expectations.

• 2886 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:50 AM PDT

zoltar said:

I wasn't really a fan of it as it was shown in the early streams, but maybe they've revamped it a bit or the reality will exceed my initial expectations.

Joppa said not too long ago that the reason it hasn't been in game recently is because it's being overhauled. So I'd expect it to be quite different from what we've seen. Like pretty much everything else, that was just an early iteration of it. 

• 1247 posts
    August 6, 2018 7:29 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Very good. I am really, really excited for colored mana. It's about time we get a new dimension to an MMORPG. Again, I am very much looking forward to colored mana. Thx. 

• 1714 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:33 PM PDT

zoltar said:

I'm gona go out on a limb and say no and thank god.

This. 

I'd love to hear about some of the ideas that have hit the cutting room floor. It seems like everything we've "ever" heard about is making it into the game and I'm not certain that's a good thing. 

• 1860 posts
    August 6, 2018 9:23 PM PDT

Thank you for the reply on this Brad! I had given up on seeing colored mana and it was one of the systems I was looking forward to most.  Great to hear it is still happening :)

• 96 posts
    August 6, 2018 9:46 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Awsome! looking forward to see the different classes generate/spend combat resource.

• 3237 posts
    August 6, 2018 10:15 PM PDT

Definitely looking forward to hearing more about this feature.  Also curious to learn more about The Living Codex, Progeny, and Rites of Passage.

• 626 posts
    August 7, 2018 6:57 AM PDT

Can't wait! :)

• 104 posts
    August 7, 2018 6:59 AM PDT

I do hope however that I don't have to cast 3 different clarity spells on everyone!

• 844 posts
    August 7, 2018 9:48 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

zoltar said:

Joppa said not too long ago that the reason it hasn't been in game recently is because it's being overhauled. So I'd expect it to be quite different from what we've seen. Like pretty much everything else, that was just an early iteration of it. 

And given how long Pantheon has been in development, for even pre-alpha, it most likely has to do with Unity updates and releases at some level.

• 234 posts
    August 8, 2018 5:15 PM PDT

Aradune said:

And he even did it in one scentence. 

• 106 posts
    August 8, 2018 6:34 PM PDT

When i played magic the gathering i used forest cards, green magic. Hells ya so basicly im goin green magic full out. 

• 1281 posts
    August 8, 2018 7:19 PM PDT

Aradune said:

*falls out of his chair*

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    August 9, 2018 6:32 AM PDT

Just a bit of clarity here before speculation leads to unmet expectations :)

Currently, we're exploring some design directions for Colored Mana to play a significant role in the Crafting sphere. If we land on something we feel really good about, that's the aspect of Colored Mana you would see the soonest.

Regarding the Adventuring sphere, there have been a few directions we have considered/prototyped in the past that ultimately did not feel successful, being an additional layer of complexity that felt clunky and didn't harmonize with the Pantheon experience as a whole. So we're considering a different approach by using the Crafting system as the flagship incorporation of Colored Mana. If this proves successful, it could open up more clear paths on how we might incorporate Colored Mana into the Adventuring sphere more successfully.

• 219 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:01 AM PDT

Joppa said:

Currently, we're exploring some design directions for Colored Mana to play a significant role in the Crafting sphere. If we land on something we feel really good about, that's the aspect of Colored Mana you would see the soonest.

Regarding the Adventuring sphere, there have been a few directions we have considered/prototyped in the past that ultimately did not feel successful, being an additional layer of complexity that felt clunky and didn't harmonize with the Pantheon experience as a whole. So we're considering a different approach by using the Crafting system as the flagship incorporation of Colored Mana. If this proves successful, it could open up more clear paths on how we might incorporate Colored Mana into the Adventuring sphere more successfully.

This idea really resonates with me. As an avid crafter I really apreciate things that keep crafting / crafters relevant. I can see this becoming a real boon to the crafting system. Cant wait to hear more on the matter.

Edited for grammer / spelling

This post was edited by Pyde at August 9, 2018 7:47 AM PDT
    • 1785 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:08 AM PDT

Pyde said:

Joppa said:

This idea really resonates with me. As an avid crafter I really apreciate things that keep craftering / crafters relevant. I can see this becoming a real boon to the crafting system. Can wait to hear more on the matter.

What Pyde said!

• 249 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:36 AM PDT
    I'm actually relieved to hear that. I was worried about colored Mana combined with environments etc becoming too complicated. This might be the first game I craft in. Have faith you guys will nail it