Forums » News and Announcements

Pantheon Pre-Alpha 3 Dire Lord Gameplay Ft. CohhCarnage

• 9115 posts
    August 5, 2018 5:46 PM PDT

The Dire Lord is one of Pantheon's tank classes. In this stream with CohhCarnage he learns about the intricacies of tanking, the importance of hate management and group interdependencies.

The group explores a bit of Black Rose Keep and some all-new areas of the freshly updated Avendyr's Pass.

https://youtu.be/2FXXE4IWu6k

• 1399 posts
    August 5, 2018 6:03 PM PDT

Thanks Kils

• 119 posts
    August 5, 2018 7:23 PM PDT

This was a fantastic video - great class info and lots of eye-candy. Game is really starting to shape up and look very good. Thanks!

• 1 posts
    August 5, 2018 7:25 PM PDT
    I really liked the video and it helped clear up some major questions I had about the class! I'm still left wondering how squishy these guys are without level appropriate gear though.
    • 388 posts
    August 5, 2018 9:49 PM PDT

Dire Lord looks really good guys. Also, LOVE the Orc area as well!! great job!! 

• 30 posts
    August 6, 2018 12:14 AM PDT
    Great Video. Can't wait for the alpha.
    • 7 posts
    August 6, 2018 2:25 AM PDT

I am super excited about the progress and direction of the game.

• 1120 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:44 AM PDT

Easyjack said: I really liked the video and it helped clear up some major questions I had about the class! I'm still left wondering how squishy these guys are without level appropriate gear though.

It looks very death knight-ish.  Very spikey,  but alot of tools to self heal and mitigate.   My guess is they will be great tanks for any kind of burst damage,  spell caster type bosses.

• 595 posts
    August 6, 2018 9:12 AM PDT

Really cool stuff.  AVP is looking better and better all the time.  And the Dire Lord is now currently the front runner for my main (I'm sure it will change 8 or 9 more times before launch).

Did anyone else notice poor frame rates and what seemed to be some odd motion blurring (especially on nameplates)?  The frame rates seemed to improve as the party moved into the orc camp but the motion blurring persisted for the duration.  I would never even mention it given "pre-alpha" but it was a decided step back in performance over previous streams.  Thoughts?

• 154 posts
    August 6, 2018 10:57 AM PDT

Great stream! excited about the perception system too. Dire Lord looks great. Without all his gear, I am sure it would have been a little more difficult and his life even more spicky. 

• 151 posts
    August 6, 2018 12:41 PM PDT

My only critique is the Orc model could be better. I loved what was shown off and am excited as ever to get my hands on it.

• 249 posts
    August 6, 2018 1:14 PM PDT
    Only thing that bugs me (and it's a personal thing)...the damage numbers seem really really high for a low 20's group. High levels will be hitting for hundreds of points every swing. Other than that...zones are coming together great! And dire Lord's look sweet
    • 1019 posts
    August 6, 2018 4:28 PM PDT

Are all the names going to be toggleable?  At one point, my screen was full of the only thing I could see were player, npc, and npc (corpes) names all over the place.