Forums » The Enchanter

Enchanter charm ?

• 46 posts
    July 17, 2018 9:52 AM PDT

I Still haven't seen or heard or ANY confirmation regarding CHARM in Pantheon.

Will ENC have the Ability to CHARM monster in Pantheon ?

Honestly , I Still play EverQuest today , and Enchanter is reason i Play and Charm is the real reason why I play ENC.

When I see Pantheon Twich , I See ENC , with no CHARM. 

I am really upset about it....

In EverQuest , when you see a ENC sit in a group mezing mob and hasting people and he dosen't uses a CHARMN mob, we call em NOOB , no charm your noob PERIOD.

I'll be honest I am Scare that the game will not include a CHARM ability for ENC.

Could we have a confirmation on this ?

Playing ENC comes with Charm , it's not an ENC if it has no charm.

CHARM is a CC , and it's actually the essence of what EverQuest is and Pantheon is. 

Bigger Danger , Bigger Reward.

Charming a powerful mob , give more challenge , he could break your face ! he can break at anytime and kill you ! it's a Danger but it also comes with Great Reward , wich is exactly why Pantheon should included charmed pet !

This post was edited by Nore at July 17, 2018 10:00 AM PDT
    • 4522 posts
    July 17, 2018 10:07 AM PDT

The Twitch streams aren't really anything to go off of. They just demonstrate the basics of the combat system - any charm mechanics may just not be implemented yet. The Enchanter class will be revealed next month - probably on August 8. I think it's unlikely to get any confirmation on individual abilities before that, so it's probably best to just wait until then. While the class reveals are not a complete list of all the abilities, they do list a good number of abilities that are fundamental to that class's arsenal. So in my opinion, if Enchanters do have charm, there's a good chance it'll be in the reveals. So that would be a good place to start. I wouldn't be too worried about it :)

• 258 posts
    July 17, 2018 2:05 PM PDT

Why would enchanter not have charm? it is the only crowd control class! I am pretty sure both Bard and Enchanter will be able to charm. We will find out in August 8th, Joppa confirmed next reveal will be Summoner/Enchanter/Wizard.

• 2917 posts
    July 17, 2018 3:23 PM PDT

As long as it isn't as OP as it is in EQ. Reduce the offensive stats of the mob.

• 95 posts
    July 17, 2018 3:28 PM PDT

They didn't have the ability system ready in any of the previous streams. They just got that working recently according to the Q&A with Jason around July 11:

"Most recently, I built a new ability system for Pantheon to give the team a ton of flexibility when creating NPCs and player classes (along with the tooling to create the abilities)."

So far they've been using temporary placeholder abilities or stripped down versions for testing. It sounds like they're really getting rolling on class design recently though.

• 4522 posts
    July 17, 2018 3:55 PM PDT

Actually, if there was still any doubt, I just found confirmation of Charm, from the recent Fires of Heaven AMA:

"While there will be elements of control-oriented abilities/skills sprinkled among various classes, we will have classes more fully dedicated to and built around the Control role, namely the Enchanter and Bard - I'll give more detail on how the evolution of these Classes in Pantheon will take them beyond basic Mez and Charm in the upcoming reveals."

(Source: https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/pantheon-ama-responses.10091/ )

• 95 posts
    July 17, 2018 8:17 PM PDT

Baz with the beans.

You should get your own title - "of the Beans."

This post was edited by DagNabbit at July 17, 2018 8:17 PM PDT
    • 4522 posts
    July 18, 2018 4:02 AM PDT

DagNabbit said:

Baz with the beans.

You should get your own title - "of the Beans."

Lol or I should have named my Twitch channel "Baz and the Giant Beanstalk" :P

• 372 posts
    July 18, 2018 9:11 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Actually, if there was still any doubt, I just found confirmation of Charm, from the recent Fires of Heaven AMA:

"While there will be elements of control-oriented abilities/skills sprinkled among various classes, we will have classes more fully dedicated to and built around the Control role, namely the Enchanter and Bard - I'll give more detail on how the evolution of these Classes in Pantheon will take them beyond basic Mez and Charm in the upcoming reveals."

Technically, that says that they will go beyond Charm... which could theoretically not include charm.  But I'm being pedantic.  

The Paladin has a charm ability.  It's almost guaranteed that the Enchanter will have it as well.

• 4522 posts
    July 18, 2018 9:59 AM PDT

zoltar said:

Bazgrim said:

Technically, that says that they will go beyond Charm... which could theoretically not include charm.  But I'm being pedantic.  

The Paladin has a charm ability.  It's almost guaranteed that the Enchanter will have it as well.

Lol I actually appreciate reading things like a lawyer would, but in this case, I think it's pretty clear that the intention is that Enchanters will have Charm and more. Which I think is a good thing. Mez and Charm are staples, but give them more of a variety in their arsenal. Take it even further beyond what we are used to with Enchanters in EQ and other games. This will continue the class design trend of familiar, yet different.

• 372 posts
    July 18, 2018 12:16 PM PDT

I'm sure you're right.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I am pretty excited to see what they do with the Enchanter to go beyond mez and charm.  One of my favorite classes of all time was the Illusion Controller in City of Heroes.  They had a phantom army ability which summoned a group of 3 invlunerable minions to tank for a short period of time.  Best use was to drop them in a group of enemies at the start of a fight, and they would soak up the initial burst damage.  But you could use them in the middle of a fight for some damage and tanking as well.  

Wouldn't be surprised to see a mass confusion/charm spell that makes a group of enemies attack each other for a short period.  Maybe you'll be able to create illusionary clones of an ally.  Lots of good possibilities.

• 46 posts
    July 20, 2018 9:33 AM PDT

Abilities that ENC Have in EQ 

- Mez (seen it in pantheon)

- Aeo MEZ

- Tash (reduce MR) 

- Aeo Stun (seen it in pantheon)

- Charm

- Haste buff

- Mana Buff

- Root 

- DoT (seen in pantheon)

- Nuke (seen in pantheon)

- Illusions

-- Actually it's fun when Illusion change your faction for instance , You Illusion yourself in a Skeleton then when Considering Skeleton they are Indifferent. I still think they should be SELF only like in EQ it's a nice to have for ENC)

- Slow Spells (less strong than Shaman)

- Cripple Debuff Ac ATK nice debuff

- Mem Blur Ability to reset the mob with a low % (Enc always had their own FD , it's call MEM BLUR)

- RUNE (absorb shield)

- Bedlam (Absorb Shield less strong but work on other players/pets)

What I love about charming is , the fact that it can break at ANTIME and it's important... If the spell has a fix duration it's too easy and it's boring because everything can be previsible.

Having a PET BREAK at anytime , make the game more fun since you always need to stay on your toes and it FORCE the enc to mez and CC during the pet break.

It challenges :

1. The Timing

AEO  stun only work PB  so if you need to PRE CAST your spell you need good timing to hit your pet on pet Break.

2. Rapitidy

If your half asleep your death, a ENC pet hasted should kill you within 5-6 second. When you charm a mob and haste it , you need to be scare of it , that the fun of charming.

3 Positioning 

Pet break and he rip your face in 3 second Why do you stand at 3 feet from your pet ? distance ? A good ENC always stand a MEZ distance from his pet to avoid Stun and Interupt upon hits. At HIGH LEVEL in EQ , You need to stand BY your pet and NEVER SIT. Because Pet are Summoning you... and if your are SIT you get QUAD hit MAX Hit on pet break , If you stand ON your pet , he wont summon you , and you won't be full hit quad because you are not SIT.

4. Mana Management 

Charming cost lost of mana , and if too many pet break , you will go OOM and you won't be able to cast your standard Tash spell and Mez and do your job. A good enc really need to balance is mana beetween charming/CCing. 

This post was edited by Nore at July 20, 2018 10:01 AM PDT
    • 793 posts
    August 7, 2018 4:52 AM PDT

I would love to bump this, and some sort of Tash type line up. The amount of resists i saw where insane in blackrose keep. Someone must be able to MR reduce these mobs....

Charm is one thing i am looking for, and for the person saying in EQ they didnt reduce the mobs, damage, and stuff is crazy... they did but still had some advantages.

I just do not like 10 min, constant breaks charms If i want a pet i should be able to have one. I think the ChA stat was broken in EQ, and balanced in favor of the necro charms.

It was not well balanced at all...

117 and beyond explained some of the good stuff a chanter needs to hear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrccce17i9Y

This post was edited by Crazzie at August 7, 2018 4:58 AM PDT
    • 4522 posts
    August 7, 2018 5:04 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

I would love to bump this, and some sort of Tash type line up. The amount of resists i saw where insane in blackrose keep. Someone must be able to MR reduce these mobs....

Charm is one thing i am looking for, and for the person saying in EQ they didnt reduce the mobs, damage, and stuff is crazy... they did but still had some advantages.

I just do not like 10 min, constant breaks charms If i want a pet i should be able to have one. I think the ChA stat was broken in EQ, and balanced in favor of the necro charms.

It was not well balanced at all...

117 and beyond explained some of the good stuff a chanter needs to hear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrccce17i9Y

They were a little underleveled for the ramparts, which would explain the resists. Joppa (Wizard) had a magic resist debuff that he actually should have been using more often.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 7, 2018 5:05 AM PDT