Forums » The Gnomes

Uniqueness

• 258 posts
    July 16, 2018 5:04 PM PDT

The Gnomes are quite unique. In addition to their home, their etheral body, the gnomes do not have any tanks and healers classes. How is Joppa and the team going to handle that? 

1) Gnomes will be able to join a race very early on to group with. Which race would it be? one or more than one races?

2) Gnomes early levels will be much different from the others races, they would not need to fight much and tank/healer will not be required

3) Summoner class will have access to a tank pet and healer pet and Gnomes will be fine until they can group with other races

What do you guys think?

• 4434 posts
    July 17, 2018 4:58 AM PDT

I think it's worth noting that perfectly rounded groups may not be always necessary at low levels, regardless of race. But Summoners will almost definitely have a pet that can tank. Interesting though that they might also have a healing pet. I had a thought yesterday that since Gnomes are made purely of arcane magic (and not flesh & blood) that Wizards might actually have some ability to heal Gnomes. You gotta think outside the box of "Divine always equals healing." :) For example, in DDO there is the Warforged race, which are made of living wood and metal, rather than flesh and blood. Divine healing technically has some effect on them, but at a significant penalty. The best way to heal them is to use arcane repair spells, which means Wizards, Sorcerers, and Artificers usually end up being in charge of healing the Warforged in the party. Obviously that can be quite inconvenient sometimes, but it's balanced by Warforged's inherent bonuses, such as increased AC and damage reduction, and immunity to sleep, exhaustion, etc. Joppa is creative enough, I think we might see something like that with the Gnomes in Pantheon. That would certainly create a strong and unique racial identity for the Gnomes.

• 2796 posts
    July 17, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

I am pretty sure Gnome will be starting very close to the Archai (since they were close enough to maintain strong persistence to eventually broker a dialogue of sorts with the Gnome and get them to open Skyhold), and I imagine the Dwarves also won't be too far away. 

• 258 posts
    July 17, 2018 11:51 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Wizards might actually have some ability to heal Gnomes. 

I just saw your tweet. I like that Wizard idea. It is indeed highly possible that one of the caster class might be able to heal Gnomes. Perhaps an offensive ability 'burst of arcane', that would damage ennemies in an area and heal Gnomes.

I also agree with you 100%, perfectly rounded groups at low level will not be necessary.