Forums » The Druid

Druid Teleports

• 46 posts
    November 7, 2020 6:41 AM PST

It is interesting to me to note the verbage differences between the Druid and Wizard ports. The druid's mentions travel between the stones, whereas the Wizard describes it as traveling through.

Leads me to believe Druids must get to a portal to use it to travel to a second.  

• 4410 posts
    November 8, 2020 2:11 PM PST

Hmm, interesting observation, but I'm not so sure about that. I think it's more the fact that Wizards utilize "portals" that you walk through. But it wouldn't really be gramatically correct to say that you walk through the stones. Here's the most recent explanation we have of how Druid and Wizard teleports work, which suggests they will are almost functionally identical: https://youtu.be/abrWm-Ux0Us?t=386 

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 8, 2020 2:11 PM PST
    • 552 posts
    November 8, 2020 5:09 PM PST

Hemlock said: "Leads me to believe Druids must get to a portal to use it to travel to a second."

From what we have seen, this will apply to wizard Gateways too.

In the video from @Bazgrim he quotes a post, which tells us that Druids and Wizards will actually not be able to Teleport directly to any Stone or Gateway from anywhere, but rather will need to first (at higher levels) Teleport themselves or their group to a Primary Stone/Gateway and then use that Stone/Gateway (with a UI) to more quickly move to any other of the Primary or Non-Primary Stones/Gateways.

This may mean that the Cast time for these Teleports to these Primary stones could be long, which would mean using them as an escape from a bad fight will take time. Whereas once at a Stone/Gateway, they can pop between the other stones/gateways in an instant using this UI they talk about.

It will also be interesting to know if Druids and Wizards travelling will be limited to locations based on Level like it was in Everquest. In EQ in order to be able to teleport or group teleport to a specific location you needed to be a specific level to use the Spell that travelled to a specific location. For example at level 19 a Druid was able to buy the spells to Self travel to ButcherBlock Mountains, North Karana, Toxxulia Forest, and West Commonlands. He then needed to wait until level 24 to unlock more locations.

In Pantheon it's possible that at a specific level you will unlock SELF travel, and then you simply need to travel to the Stones/Gateways to attune yourself to them and they won't be locked out due to your level. Then at a higher level you will unlock GROUP travel and it will automatically allow you to group travel to any Stone/Gateway you have already been attuned to. Thus the locations themselves will not be limited to a level.

Of course, this may not be the case and instead it may be that when you arrive at a Stone or Gateway, when you attempt to attune yourself it will say something like 'You lack sufficient experience to Attune yourself to this Portal stone' and you will need to come back when you are higher level. We will need to wait and see how they decide to do it.

• 46 posts
    November 9, 2020 7:44 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Hmm, interesting observation, but I'm not so sure about that. I think it's more the fact that Wizards utilize "portals" that you walk through. But it wouldn't really be gramatically correct to say that you walk through the stones. Here's the most recent explanation we have of how Druid and Wizard teleports work, which suggests they will are almost functionally identical: https://youtu.be/abrWm-Ux0Us?t=386 

You are probably correct. However i wouldnt of minded to see a little class distinction when it comes to porting.

• 419 posts
    November 12, 2020 5:11 PM PST

Agreed, Hemlock! More variety is better! 

I think it'd be totally acceptable and cool if druids needed to walk to their mystic teleportation stones while wizards could open portals from wherever. Wizards can be a little better at teleporting, what's the problem? And druids could have interesting locations wizards wouldn't have. Variety, class uniqueness good...

• 46 posts
    November 17, 2020 12:55 PM PST

Alexander said:

Agreed, Hemlock! More variety is better! 

I think it'd be totally acceptable and cool if druids needed to walk to their mystic teleportation stones while wizards could open portals from wherever. Wizards can be a little better at teleporting, what's the problem? And druids could have interesting locations wizards wouldn't have. Variety, class uniqueness good...

Totally agree.