Forums » The Dire Lord

Reset the Dire Lord Forum

• 4 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:30 PM PDT
    Since almost every post here was dreaming up an SK, and the Dire Lord is nothing like an SK. Might as well start from scratch.
    • 33 posts
    June 14, 2018 2:13 PM PDT

I believe dire lord will still fill the void for those who played sks.  The ability to self heal as a tank.. be it threw epic or life leech.  In raids a sks job was to off tank or instant agro raid mobs when warriors went down... they still have extra threat generation ability to possibly emulate that.  My only issue was being relegated to simply edged weapons.  I thought  1hb was good option in sk... seems a bit silly to just keep it edged weapons then add a blunt effect to counter those who are resistent to slash damage.

• 489 posts
    June 14, 2018 8:47 PM PDT

If it can't fear kite, feign death, or harm touch....it's not filling the EQ1 SK void.  Not by a long shot.  

• 768 posts
    June 15, 2018 12:36 PM PDT

I would like the option of piercing, but conceptually edged weapons draw more blood to the surface. There are a lot of options for edged weapons tho. From knuckle duster style to epic flamberge 2h'er to intricate razor bone clubs as seen in picture of reveal.

• 69 posts
    June 20, 2018 6:26 AM PDT

I do feel for those expecting an SK.  I think anyone who played Vanguard knew exactly the kind of class the DL would be, but those who only had the SK as their reference were in for a disappointment (if they loved the SK that is.  For me personally the SK was a seriously deisappointing and flawed design, the Dreadknight in VG was prefereable to me, and the DL here looks to be the perfected version)