Forums » The Monk

Monk Passive

• 1202 posts
    May 22, 2018 3:28 PM PDT

Monk Passive.

Lets brainstorm on a passive.

Passive: Inner Rage. The ability to ressurect ones self from a fatal blow.

Low hp, high mitigation self rez no xp. Could help turn a wipe or corpse drags. Would work after being in combat for a duration.

Passive: Oiled Skin: Increased Damage from all sources as long as you have aggro.

Helps on pulling and once you get to camp the tank takes the aggro

Passive: Willful Being. Increased resistance to movement reducing effects, and mind numbing effects.

Helps on pulling, on roots, snares, mez and stuns

(I perfer this one)

Other ideas? Ranger stole my inate runspeed passive.

This post was edited by Aich at May 22, 2018 3:55 PM PDT
    • 1713 posts
    May 22, 2018 7:04 PM PDT
    • 135 posts
    May 23, 2018 6:19 AM PDT

Lmao Kelenin! I LOVE this movie, in this day in age most people don’t know about it.

This post was edited by Hunk at May 23, 2018 6:19 AM PDT
    • 1202 posts
    May 23, 2018 7:10 PM PDT

kelenin said:

"The Glow"

https://youtu.be/5c8wvxAqQts?t=44

haha, thats Super Saiyan :P

• 19 posts
    May 27, 2018 11:21 AM PDT

Similar to the Ranger passive of increased movement speed after being outdoors long enough, make the Monk's based off just moving around in general. I think increased resistance to snare/root or maybe just spells in general is a pretty good one. Maybe increased regen could work also, there are a few options they could go with maybe increased resistance to stuns.

As far as Chakra's go I feel like there may be a passive tied to that like how Rangers get increased attack speed with momentum, maybe ours will be a damage boost?

• 1874 posts
    May 27, 2018 2:37 PM PDT

Snowman84 said:

Similar to the Ranger passive of increased movement speed after being outdoors long enough, make the Monk's based off just moving around in general. I think increased resistance to snare/root or maybe just spells in general is a pretty good one. Maybe increased regen could work also, there are a few options they could go with maybe increased resistance to stuns.

As far as Chakra's go I feel like there may be a passive tied to that like how Rangers get increased attack speed with momentum, maybe ours will be a damage boost?

A damage or attack speed buff for a few seconds per Gate consumed seems like a good way to encourage ressource spending !

• 25 posts
    June 2, 2018 6:38 AM PDT

Voice of Zen:  The Monks voice gives others a sense of tranquility, ensuring that his/her drive through order is never wrong.

• 1127 posts
    June 3, 2018 11:36 PM PDT

I'd vote for Passive: Willful Being as well. Monk might not be resistant to all movement impairing effects, especially those based more on external forces rather than mind control, but a highly trained Monk should definitely have quite a lot of resistance - if not immunity - to Fear and mind numbing effects.

• 1202 posts
    June 17, 2018 3:39 PM PDT

Jothany said:

I'd vote for Passive: Willful Being as well. Monk might not be resistant to all movement impairing effects, especially those based more on external forces rather than mind control, but a highly trained Monk should definitely have quite a lot of resistance - if not immunity - to Fear and mind numbing effects.

Cool thanks for the feedback. I made a post a while back about pasive run speed but seesm Rangers stole that, so hopefully we get this lol.

This post was edited by Aich at June 17, 2018 3:41 PM PDT
    • 1202 posts
    June 17, 2018 3:42 PM PDT

Goatfist said:

Voice of Zen:  The Monks voice gives others a sense of tranquility, ensuring that his/her drive through order is never wrong.

Can you elorabate more?

• 649 posts
    July 16, 2018 7:34 AM PDT
    Dobble attack - A chance to attack another time, based on your ability and dexterity. This will later on evolve to triple attack.

Reflexes - monk has increased chance to dodge and parry any attack. Based on dexterity and agility

Pressure point - monk has a chance to hit a vital point dealing extra damage and slowing the target movement speed, atk speed and cast speed and resources recovery speed for a few secs.
    • 1762 posts
    July 16, 2018 12:10 PM PDT

BamBam said: Dobble attack - A chance to attack another time, based on your ability and dexterity. This will later on evolve to triple attack. Reflexes - monk has increased chance to dodge and parry any attack. Based on dexterity and agility Pressure point - monk has a chance to hit a vital point dealing extra damage and slowing the target movement speed, atk speed and cast speed and resources recovery speed for a few secs.

I like all of these.