Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

[WIP] in Unreal Engine 4

• 75 posts
    May 13, 2018 12:15 PM PDT

So while I patiently wait (not really) for the Alpha to come to Pantheon I've been messing around in Unreal Engine. Liking what I've made so far and figured I'd share it spent maybe 4-5 hours on it so far and while it's not a lot it has still been enjoyable to do. Anyway here ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkEcODGGgI&feature=youtu.be

• 1479 posts
    May 13, 2018 12:33 PM PDT

Uhm wrong section maybe ? as it has nothing to do with pantheon itself...

• 4 posts
    May 13, 2018 1:04 PM PDT

That's some intense weather you got going there! 

But yeah, probably belongs to ''Off-Topic Discussions'' :)

This post was edited by Guessilldps at May 13, 2018 1:04 PM PDT
    • 75 posts
    May 13, 2018 1:21 PM PDT

Yes it does apologies as I had multiple threads open XD. If admin wants to move it please feel free!

• 844 posts
    May 13, 2018 3:03 PM PDT

Not a fan of UR engine. It can make pretty pictures, but when it come to strength of interaction for players with the environement it fails badly. Unity is much superior in that regard.

• 75 posts
    May 13, 2018 4:56 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

Not a fan of UR engine. It can make pretty pictures, but when it come to strength of interaction for players with the environement it fails badly. Unity is much superior in that regard.

I would agree whole heartedly but I really do enjoy Unreals Blueprint visual scripting. The node-based scripting makes things, imo, super quick and easy to use. Of course this world is just for fun to pass up time so wasn't too worried about people coming in and not having the "playability" curve that unity has.