Forums » The Dark Myr

The Dark Myr and fire wielding classes

• 43 posts
    April 23, 2018 2:26 PM PDT
    I’ve been going over the various classes the Dark Myr can be, and I’m questioning their ability to be classes that wield fire. To clarify, I am 100% for the Dark Myr having wizards, druids, etc, however I just want to better understand why they have these classes from a lore perspective. Before arriving on Terminus, the Dark Myr lived in Issul’s oceans and did not yet have the “curse”/“blessing” of legs. This leads me to believe that they would have had no use for fire on their home world. So now that they have been on Terminus for 529 years, did they learn the arts of these fire wielding classes from nearby races? They don’t seem to have any allies based on their lore, except a tolerance for the ogres. Did the ogres teach them the use of fire via their druids, which then trickled into further classes? Was it a natural discovery on their part to manipulate flame via magic when they were forced to live in a hybrid environment? I might be over thinking this too much, but my decision will most likely be between enchanter and druid, once more class information is revealed, and I want to make sure I’m playing a class where the lore makes sense for it. Any new information or clarity on an oversight on my part would be appreciated :).
    • 98 posts
    April 24, 2018 7:57 AM PDT

Perhaps flame/fire is the result of controlling the heat element in our traditional folklore because Humans live in a high oxygen environment..

A 'water wizard' can still learn to control the heat element, but without an oxygen enviornment that power results in burning jets of water or boiling vapors.

When the water wizard conducts the same magic outside of water, it results in fire like our traditional wizards.

The magic is all the same, it just depends on the natural enviornment response to the magic.

• 1823 posts
    April 24, 2018 8:05 AM PDT

Extreme heats or energy can result of hydrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen, two highly inflammable atoms. A phenomenon happening in fires, resulting in water based fire extinguisher beeing useless.

However I don't plan to play according to the chemical rules, magic being magic is fine to me.

• 98 posts
    April 24, 2018 8:17 AM PDT

Would it be safe to say.. a wizard who has the power to make heat a weapon in water, would be more disciplined and powerful than the wizard who trained to use heat in air??

• 43 posts
    April 24, 2018 1:24 PM PDT
    Thank you, Defector! That’s a good way to look at it!