Forums » News and Announcements

VR is Looking for a World Builder/Level Designer

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    March 20, 2018 11:22 AM PDT

Passionate for MMOs and have experience as a world builder or level designer? We currently have an opening for just such a person. Apply within.

http://visionaryrealms.com/career/world-builder/

• 74 posts
    April 30, 2018 2:46 PM PDT
    I’m certainly not experienced enough but It’s definitely something I'm into. Working with world machine and UE4. I want to get in there and see what you guys are coming up with. Especially the water and volumetric fog. Also curious if you are implementing level streaming. Can’t wait to see more flyovers of other areas of your world.

CI
    • 217 posts
    April 30, 2018 7:02 PM PDT

Does experience with Minecraft count?  If so Im in... wont relocate but can work from home.. can put in 12 hr days for say 23 bucks an hour, lemme know lolol

• 51 posts
    May 3, 2018 5:07 PM PDT

You should also hire an advanced degree economist who minored in anthropology.

• 643 posts
    May 4, 2018 6:32 AM PDT

Hauskat said:

Without any sarcasm and with total sincerity, I think this thinking is *CRUCIAL* to the real longevity of the game.

A lot of people don't realize the economic repurcussions of things (hence the epidemic of MUD-flated games).  

A true, real, deep understanding of these things is so important.

• 1019 posts
    May 4, 2018 8:22 AM PDT

fazool said:

Hauskat said:

Without any sarcasm and with total sincerity, I think this thinking is *CRUCIAL* to the real longevity of the game.

A lot of people don't realize the economic repurcussions of things (hence the epidemic of MUD-flated games).  

A true, real, deep understanding of these things is so important.

Couldn't agree more.  Hoping this team already has someone in place for this.

• 3016 posts
    May 12, 2018 4:30 PM PDT

Hauskat said:

Didn't Eve Online do that..hired an economist for the game economy..years ago.