Forums » The Dark Myr

Racial Passive

• 3249 posts
    October 2, 2018 9:47 AM PDT

Filzin said:

I'm hoping the passive is useful, swimming/enduring breath, would be a waste to me. I don't expect that much content to be water based and who wants a racial that is only viable 5% of the time.

if there are oceans and Dark Myr I would hope there is an equivalent amount of content beneath the surface of the waves,  places to explore, dangerous marine animals to avoid or do a raid on...sunken cities,  choice of marine pets..for the Myr.   Treasure..adventure, lore,  perhaps boats we can build,  boats we can have battles with on the high seas.   Kraken,  great white sharks..or whatever fabled creatures VR comes up with. :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at October 2, 2018 9:49 AM PDT
    • 1689 posts
    October 2, 2018 2:07 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Filzin said:

I'm hoping the passive is useful, swimming/enduring breath, would be a waste to me. I don't expect that much content to be water based and who wants a racial that is only viable 5% of the time.

if there are oceans and Dark Myr I would hope there is an equivalent amount of content beneath the surface of the waves,  places to explore, dangerous marine animals to avoid or do a raid on...sunken cities,  choice of marine pets..for the Myr.   Treasure..adventure, lore,  perhaps boats we can build,  boats we can have battles with on the high seas.   Kraken,  great white sharks..or whatever fabled creatures VR comes up with. :)

Cana

EB can be a shared benefit maybe, or Myr can have a SoW like buff but for swimming- which could work in lava? to lessen the burns (SoD, or SoS- proably SoS for the morse code pun- spirit of Shark instead of Spirit of Dolphin).

If they had pets I would think of something that can travel on land and sea. Maybe lowbies would get a penguin, mid levels get crustacians/crabs of sorts, and higher levels maybe an elephant seal/walrus/alligator. 

Newbie areas can be beaches with clams and crabs as rats and spiders, sea gulls as bats. copperheads/cottonmouth's or other venomous watersnake for snakes and snapping turtles for beetles.

Environmental pressure affiity seems appropriate to me for dark myr. Instead of druid or wizard ports the Myr would have their own trans-continental water tunnels (Summon: rip-tide?) leading to certain areas unrelated to what wizards and druids can do, but like a rip-tide can cause damage or kill unles your swimming was a certain level, or Tsunami that smashes you against the shore unless your swimming is high.