Forums » The Elves

Ashen or Ember

• 3068 posts
    November 29, 2021 10:22 AM PST

Lucent elves aren't a player option, they aren't adventurers and rarely leave Faerthale unless specific need arises. 

• 736 posts
    November 30, 2021 8:50 AM PST

@Iksar This was my assumption as well. I was just responding to Shea's idea that players might be able to choose to stay Lucent. They have implied that you only choose between Ember and Ashen, but they didn't clearly say that you must. So I was conceding the possibility even though I tend to agree with your above statement.

• 500 posts
    December 1, 2021 6:13 AM PST

Iksar said:

Lucent elves aren't a player option, they aren't adventurers and rarely leave Faerthale unless specific need arises. 

Thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure if there had been some changes or not.

• 456 posts
    December 2, 2021 6:55 AM PST

Iksar said:

Could you provide a link , where says lucent are not playable ?  

I could have very easily missed any info from Isuulamae or the VR Team . 

First page of this very thread Isuulamae clearly stated that you can stay Lucent ,  granted was in 2018 and things change . 

• 3068 posts
    December 2, 2021 11:01 AM PST

Shea said:

Could you provide a link , where says lucent are not playable ?  

I could have very easily missed any info from Isuulamae or the VR Team . 

First page of this very thread Isuulamae clearly stated that you can stay Lucent ,  granted was in 2018 and things change . 

Istuulamae said elves in general can stay Lucent but I see that as a lore bit for NPC elves not players. 

Everything they have put out from the Elven race page to all the lore is very focused on the two branches of elves. You can go here and read some of the deeper talks about elves to see the *heavy* focus on the two branches. I see it as similar to the Ogre, yes there are seven clans of Ogre but players are limited to being of Broken Maw. And to quote the link above:

We are used to Elves being either High or Wood or Dark, having totally different cultures, living in totally different establishments and having little to do with one another. I like that our Elves dwell together, come from the same stock, but yet have visual and cultural distinctives. And then being able to choose to play as either an Ember or Ashen elf adds a nice layer of depth to player choice and immersion.

• 1765 posts
    December 2, 2021 4:06 PM PST

In addition to the points Iksar refers to, the main Races page of this site - where newcomers go to find out what Races are available - lists the nine races. Every other race is defined singly, i.e. Dwarves are this, Halfings are that. The listing for Elves says:

The Two Branches of Elvenkind seek to shelter their longsuffering people under the brilliance of the Lucent Tree".

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/races/

• 248 posts
    February 3, 2022 7:23 AM PST

I asked in a DRT one time if other races would get this sort of distinction. Particularly Halflings since you have Esqaps, Nothi, and Maidyn. But the answer was no