Forums » The Gnomes

Gnome Aging

• 743 posts
    February 14, 2018 10:52 AM PST

Pantheon Gnomes have essentially possessed a material they call "Maq'esh". With their souls. Cool stuff right?

My question is; do our semi-ethereal Gnomes have lifespans? Does their spell wear off overtime and they need to repossess/switch their "bodies"? Does the gnome soul/spellwork wear off overtime to a point where they can no longer exist on this plane (ie. die from old age)?

Any other thoughts/info regarding the mortal needs of gnomes would be greatly appreciated as well!

My thought would be that the gnome's soul would deteriorate or lose its stickiness (ability to possess things on this plain) overtime, so they would only barely outlive a human. I feel like it helps to stress the negative nature of suddenly leaving your body in favor of a faux, without much planning involved in the actual methodology.

But maybe gnomes happened upon immortality in their most dire time; so long as they don't get actively killed?

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at February 14, 2018 11:25 AM PST
    • 655 posts
    February 14, 2018 11:00 AM PST

While not addressing your question in any manner, it occurred to me while reading your post that gnome cookies probably don't have any calories.

• 743 posts
    February 14, 2018 11:09 AM PST

Celandor said:

While not addressing your question in any manner, it occurred to me while reading your post that gnome cookies probably don't have any calories.

Timely response!

HMMM, does a moving, possessed cloth really not have any heat energy value?

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at February 14, 2018 11:11 AM PST
    • 4528 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:48 PM PST
    • 743 posts
    February 15, 2018 6:23 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Some interesting discussion on this here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6675/do-gnomes-have-a-shelf-life

ah thanks, I thought that was a gnome joke thread regarding the size and edibility of flesh gnomes, or perhaps the fact that they are made of clothing. The name of the thread gave me the wrong impression because it didn't seem like it would allow for much serious discussion on the matter. Not that I mind joke threads, we all need a laugh=).

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at February 15, 2018 6:31 PM PST