Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Beyond Abilities

• 1095 posts
    January 8, 2018 6:33 PM PST

Terms: DBS(Dragon Ball Super), Dragonball Z(DBZ), SSJ(Super Sayian[Sayian is a race])

I have this idea of spontaneous abilities(buffs) that a player may be able to obtain. Me being a supporter of progency, I could see progency having a increased success rate for this.

Upon death or low health, a player has the ability to have greatly increased health regen, damage for a duration, (etc). It could turn the ties in a wipe pull. This should be a rare event but when it happens, well back to the DBZ reference, when Goku goes SSJ for the first time it turnes the tide of the battle. Last ditch efforts could be the turning side of battles and often happen in many high fantasy stories and as mentioned above anime show.

All the above is just a rough draft, of what I am calling Beyond Abilities. 

Please expand and critize. I am curious how it could apply to each class.

This post was edited by Aich at January 8, 2018 6:40 PM PST
    • 74 posts
    January 8, 2018 7:29 PM PST

I like the idea of rare abilities. I suggested an idea awhile back that included being able to pray to a god for a special ability depending on your chosen religion/race/class. It'd be something that you could only do maybe once a day or once every few days, lasted a short time, and allowed for a decent buff heading into a particularly tough battle. It wouldn't act as a deciding factor in anything, but perhaps give just a slight edge to your chances.

• 57 posts
    January 8, 2018 7:41 PM PST

Well, if this game turns out to be as hard as they say, and with death being as painful and CR  runs being a thingagain. 

I think the idea of even something as simple as a 3-5% upon "death" To come back to life with "X amount" of hitpoints.   Or any version of something like that.  But, a very very small innate even 1% chance to avoid the pain that can and will be a part of this game sounds nice.   So rare, that it basically never happens.  But, when IT DOES, wow, tide changing, dungeon crawl saving , screaming out loud in real life kinda fun!!

• 8 posts
    January 8, 2018 9:16 PM PST

cheat death

second wind

skin of my teeth

lady luck

nine lives

you can do alot with this

• 160 posts
    January 8, 2018 9:41 PM PST

Almost dead? Nope, enter Mr.(dr?) Mundo's regen ult.

edit - also, sounds like divine intervention(eq1 cleric spell)

This post was edited by Nuggie at January 8, 2018 9:42 PM PST
    • 89 posts
    January 9, 2018 6:51 AM PST

I suspect super skills such as this will eventually be discovered as we learn more about ancient dragon languages and how their runes work

• 3852 posts
    January 9, 2018 7:42 AM PST

Travel through dozens of zones and dungeons seeking hidden runes to learn the draconic language and gain special abilities.

Been there - done that - didn't get the tee shirt, it was overpriced