Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Eriq Luca

• 1020 posts
    November 24, 2017 1:50 PM PST

I've been home alone all day and have been watching old Protf video's.  Forgive me for all my whimsical posts...I'm enjoying my day off.

Anyway,

In the 3hour stream from Dec 2016, they (VR) kinda show us the preception system as related to quests.  Anna's brother is missing because he's not right in the head.  Fair enough, so as the video continues, they find Eriq Luca who says hes been waiting right where he is for 7 years for Anna's idiot brother.  (Eriq, he's dead, go home...)

Eriq is either a very clean vagabond, or the art department just hasn't gotten around to giving him a camp that looks 7 years lived in.  If anything give old Eriq a bedroll or something.

I mention this because the VR team (throughout my day of joyfully watching all these videos) has said multipule times "as you're adventuring, you come across these things".  Which is great, it's good RP, but if we're stubling across these things, make them look a little out of place.  Hopefully the art team will give Eriq a ragged tent, a small fire a few dented pots and pans, a little bit of trash and a bedroll, make it look like he's out of place and has been there 7 years. 

If you want us to stumble across these things, give us something that catches the eye.  A dirty old camp with an old man right next to the cave is pretty out of the ordinary and would draw us that way.  Still, I'm really diggin the preception system for quests.

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 1:58 PM PST

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago...hehehe

One thing it seemed like, to me, was, if you compare Anna's text to Eriq's, it seems like he thinks that he has been there seven years straight, but she says that he gets found in the camp and brought back home.  I don't know if that's actually the case, but it might explain the appearance and lack of a camp.  Eriq is, after all, delusional.

• 1404 posts
    November 24, 2017 2:01 PM PST

Work Crew's cleaning the camp up every time they drag him home?

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 2:04 PM PST

Zorkon said:

Work Crew's cleaning the camp up every time they drag him home?

If he's only there a few hours at a time, I don't see that there would be all that much to clean up.

Hopefully, it will be either updated or clarified for go-live thoigh...

• 126 posts
    November 24, 2017 2:41 PM PST

Well ya, things like this will get updated as the system is given multiple passes in terms of art, graphics, NPCs, behaviour and all that jazz.  Hell, he might not even be there come live.

• 160 posts
    November 24, 2017 3:44 PM PST
    Sounds like a good point for beta testing. Anyone catch what the dungeon name was in that zone?
    • 2886 posts
    November 26, 2017 12:44 PM PST

Nuggie said:Anyone catch what the dungeon name was in that zone?

Halnir Pass Cave: https://pantheonriseofthefallen.gamepedia.com/Halnir_Pass_Cave