Forums » The Dire Lord

Shadow Knight 2.0 hopes

• 619 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:55 AM PST

nscheffel said:

Krakon said:

Faelor said:

I don't think anyone here is stating it's concrete. Then again, some of us have been posting on the FD matter since early 2014 and may just be done with the matter. 

As you said Krakon, in the end it's up to Visionary Realms. :)

Indeed, VR is the authority for it, the ONLY authority.

Then again, why are you even bothering to discuss it with us if our thoughts mean nothing?

Or was the sole purpose of your contributions to the topic to state the obvious: "We don't know for sure yet"?

Sheer game hype?

I post all the time in these forums even though I figured out a while ago that nothing we say here matters.

If we post about something that isn't announced yet it's: "please wait and see until we have a chance to implement our ideas, and then discuss this. It's simply too early to talk about it!" see many threads, including the ones about multiboxxing and trade.

If we post about something that does get announced it's: "This has already been decided upon and we can no longer make any significant changes to it." See many threads, especially the announcement regarding class/race combos.

• 1825 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:28 PM PST

That sounds like depressed and jaded. How could we know ?

I'm not posting here in the hope plain, bigs idea will come true and shape the game how I want it to be.

I post here in the hope any small glimpse of an idea can help nurturing a bigger and better idea for the developpers.

• 619 posts
    January 24, 2018 5:38 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

That sounds like depressed and jaded. How could we know ?

I'm not posting here in the hope plain, bigs idea will come true and shape the game how I want it to be.

I post here in the hope any small glimpse of an idea can help nurturing a bigger and better idea for the developpers.

That's all up to opinion. I've come to the decision that I'm ultimately quite happy that VR doesn't listen to their fans, despite what they say to the contrary. One of my biggest problems with games like WoW is that they listen to their community and implement all these new rules based on what the community asks for. You end up with the original game missing everything that made it great.

For example, in WoW all of the healer classes are exactly the same, all of the tanks are exactly the same, and all of the dps are exactly the same. I'll happily give up my heard opinions for the sake of something like this not happening.

VR should make their own game based on what they feel will work for the fans. If it does actually work for us, great! If not, too bad! Niche games don't remain niche if you make decisions based on what the masses asked for. 

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at January 24, 2018 5:40 AM PST