Forums » Store Questions & Feedback

Suggestion to work with Subscription vs F2P

• 19 posts
    November 15, 2017 8:02 PM PST

As I understand it, F2P games have a huge advantage vs subscription based games. Some subscription based games will offer a limited free to play, maybe lvl 1-20 or something, but that creates a lot of spammers and helps gold farmers. I have many gamer friends as well, but many of them seem to be cheapos and refuse to pay subscriptions for games(I feel many gamers are still stuck in this mindset), I personally have way better experiences with subscriptions and prefer it, so I guess what I want to do is convince them to play a game like Pantheon. Maybe have some form of limited play but they are only able to play via friend invite, maybe limit 5 friends per month and/or they can only speak with the inviter and his friends. I'm trying hard to get friends to play, any advice and additional suggestions welcome!

• 2 posts
    November 15, 2017 8:41 PM PST

They have previously stated there will be a free trial to something like level 10. 

• 989 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:33 PM PST

FAQ: 

15.0.1 So then, whichever model you choose, will I have to spend money up front, before I experience the game for myself?

No, absolutely not. The first 5-10 levels of the game (details TBD) will be absolutely free, with some limitations to throttle potential abuse. Nor will there be a physical box you have to buy (although we are not ruling out the option of purchasing a special, premium box for those who like to have something tangible to go along with their virtual world). We feel strongly that you should have the opportunity to play and experience Pantheon for a time and then decide if the game is right for you before having to pull out your wallet.

• 1830 posts
    November 16, 2017 6:33 AM PST

Many of your answers can be found in the FAQ : as Saicred pointed out Killua.  I would suggest pointing your friends to this page and having them review it as well, could help you reel them in :) http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/  http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/game_features/

• 19 posts
    November 16, 2017 12:53 PM PST

Thanks everyone, my apologies for not digging deeper to find most of this information myself, I'm sort of lurking, checking in every few months to find a mountain of information. I just checked all your links and looks like most everything is covered. I will try and check in more often...exciting stuff.

• 9042 posts
    November 16, 2017 4:08 PM PST

Thank you, folks :)

• 189 posts
    November 17, 2017 8:09 AM PST

I just hope whatever limitations are placed on the "free levels" that they include the complete inability to /ooc, /yell, /general, /tell, etc... Sure you might need help but they are newbie levels for a reason. This would also eliminate the ability for gold farmers (please do EVERYTHING in your power VR to ensure these clowns don't get into the game) to ply their trade. I never partake in their services in any case but it's still annoying. :)

• 42 posts
    November 30, 2017 3:21 PM PST

yes @Holywind this could be one way.
    but the 2nd one could work better. 

i believe playerbase is the reason why goldsellers exist.
    if nobody bought anything they will stop spamming. (what a dream)