Forums » The Druid

Druid Dev where are you !

• 59 posts
    April 10, 2017 10:14 AM PDT

Come have a seat in our wonderful grove and lets talk about the class :)

First Point : Phenomena Points.

Phenomena Points were used in Vanguard SoH. Besides Mana these allowed the druids to do wonders and cast mighty spells. They loaded up with time passing and some special abilities / items used. I would love to have these again in Pantheon.

**Phenomena - The Druid makes use of a unique ability to gradually absorb and then unleash powerful natural forces from within themselves which can cause amazing Wonders that heal or protect their allies, or devastating Calamities that obliterate any opposition. Over time the Druid accumulates Phenomena Points, which can then be spent on special abilities that consume them again. The maximum amount of points that they can store increases as they grow in level. The points regenerate relatively slowly, although at level 10 they gain the ability to instantly refresh their points through **

There was an ability called Hierophants Boon - Instantly regenerates 60 Phenomena Points. Maybe we can have it similar to Rogue Abilties like building up Phenomena Points with different Nukes and then spend them again.

Second Point : Armor Type .

In EQ Druids wore Leather Armor , in Vanguard Cloth. What do you like more? I like cloth more tbh ...I just like Robes. Leather maybe looks nice on females but I never liked it on my male characters.

Third Healing : I loved WoW and EQ2s way of Druid Healing. Stacking HoTs rocked.

We dont know yet if Druids are full time healers. Vanguards description to Druid Healing :

Healing - Although they are primarily damage dealers, Druids receive a few individual and group targeted healing skills as they grow in power. While they are much less effective than healing classes in keeping an ally alive by themselves, they can still provide significant benefit to a group by supplementing the healer's efforts where possible, especially if the encounter goes badly. Their energy based heals are relatively weak, but the Druid's phenomena based heals are much more powerfu

Thoughts?

• 30 posts
    April 14, 2017 5:59 PM PDT

Nolaen said:

First Point : Phenomena Points.

Phenomena Points were used in Vanguard SoH. Besides Mana these allowed the druids to do wonders and cast mighty spells. They loaded up with time passing and some special abilities / items used. I would love to have these again in Pantheon.

**Phenomena - The Druid makes use of a unique ability to gradually absorb and then unleash powerful natural forces from within themselves which can cause amazing Wonders that heal or protect their allies, or devastating Calamities that obliterate any opposition. Over time the Druid accumulates Phenomena Points, which can then be spent on special abilities that consume them again. The maximum amount of points that they can store increases as they grow in level. The points regenerate relatively slowly, although at level 10 they gain the ability to instantly refresh their points through **

There was an ability called Hierophants Boon - Instantly regenerates 60 Phenomena Points. Maybe we can have it similar to Rogue Abilties like building up Phenomena Points with different Nukes and then spend them again.

Hopefully the colored mana system that has been mentioned will work something like this, different name same concept from the sounds of it.

Nolaen said:

Second Point : Armor Type .

In EQ Druids wore Leather Armor , in Vanguard Cloth. What do you like more? I like cloth more tbh ...I just like Robes. Leather maybe looks nice on females but I never liked it on my male characters.

I'm fine with wearing leather armor or lighter.  I REALLY hate it when I can't wear the piece of cloth armor that is 10x better than the piece of leather I'm wearing just because it's cloth.  I mean if I'm capable of running around doing what I do in leather why shouldn't I be able to do it in cloth?  Back in the early days of EQ1 on my druid and even in EQ2 on my Templar (Cleric) I would run around in a mishmash of armor types becuse they had better stats than the highest AC stuff for my class.  Really you have to decide if the tradeoff is worth it to you, stick with the leather for the AC or pick the cloth piece that has the wiz/power what ever stat you need over the extra AC.

Nolaen said:

Third Healing : I loved WoW and EQ2s way of Druid Healing. Stacking HoTs rocked.

We dont know yet if Druids are full time healers. Vanguards description to Druid Healing :

Healing - Although they are primarily damage dealers, Druids receive a few individual and group targeted healing skills as they grow in power. While they are much less effective than healing classes in keeping an ally alive by themselves, they can still provide significant benefit to a group by supplementing the healer's efforts where possible, especially if the encounter goes badly. Their energy based heals are relatively weak, but the Druid's phenomena based heals are much more powerful

I'm fine with druids being HOT/regen based so long as they do have some type of direct heal.  Hopefully since the Shaman and Cleric are listed as "Healer, Support" the Druid will be the same to round out the selection of healers.  My big thing is I don't want to have a repeat of EQ1, back then I mained a Dru and my husband played a Chanter.  During LDON we would form up groups and constantly get people bitching "You think this is do able with a DRU healing you're retarded" followed by a disband.  For those that did "tough it out" with us the runs were always smooth but still the constant being called a retard for doing something we had done many times before was frustrating and it took us a lot longer to fill the group initially (after a couple dozen runs we had people trying to get us in their groups to do the runs).

I really hope that Druids don't get that same stigma of being a subpar healer because that seems to be how they end up being viewed in nearly every MMO these days, Shaman and Cleric are seen as the "healer" classes while Druids get lumped into some category of healing DPS.

• 54 posts
    April 20, 2017 7:02 PM PDT
    Arweena ... I totally agree. I have been playing a Druid for what seems like 18 years now. Wow I'm old ...

Either way, it has been a struggle to keep up with let alone surpass the others. EQ1 was that way, EQ2 gave us never ending power, but made us really work for our money. Eventually it made us not worth playing.

Next week I put another $100 on Pantheon and get into the pre alpha. I'll hit my 20 year mark on a Druid in Pantheon. I hope they are more than a heal-ish ,DPS-ish character.

• 82 posts
    May 2, 2017 7:53 PM PDT
    I mained a Druid in EQ1 and EQ2 so I am very invested in the class myself. I hope all three healing classes have their own flavor but are equally able to heal hard group encounters. Each healer should have a utility toolkit that makes them very different though. I trust the VR crew to do things right, but I would love to see a Druid spotlight! If they mess up the class we will let them know in Alpha
    • 1 posts
    December 1, 2021 2:47 PM PST

I main a Druid in most of the MMO's I've played.  I absolutely loved the Druid in Vanguard.  I really hope this druid isn't a pure healer like it seems to be based on the description, but more of the "Jack of all traits" that druids are known for.

• 714 posts
    December 1, 2021 5:29 PM PST

Gantelope said:

I main a Druid in most of the MMO's I've played.  I absolutely loved the Druid in Vanguard.  I really hope this druid isn't a pure healer like it seems to be based on the description, but more of the "Jack of all traits" that druids are known for.

Yes Druids in Pantheon will be pure Healers. Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble.