Forums » The Summoner

Summoner + Gnome?

• 793 posts
    March 12, 2017 11:09 AM PDT

I like the gnome class before, the small race but most of all as a summoner in EQ. Now i see they are a humanoid sized race.

I really have no options being a little one, punted all over the place do i? Human, gnome etc.. all larger races.

Maybe the summoner isnt a good one now for me?? what else could i pick that has awesomeness like the gnome summoner?

• 1915 posts
    March 12, 2017 12:11 PM PDT

They have stated in previous topics that the sizes in the pictures are not to scale. Also, they may be resizing the races in testing.

• 793 posts
    March 13, 2017 7:21 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

They have stated in previous topics that the sizes in the pictures are not to scale. Also, they may be resizing the races in testing.

Since i am not sure where you saw this information (ill take your word on it), does that mean there is a chance they maybe scaled to gnome sizes and not humanoid sizes?

Or changed from the character creation. Just do not wish to get my hopes up to high, as i loved the gnome summoner being a smaller race.

This post was edited by Crazzie at March 13, 2017 7:24 AM PDT
    • 4528 posts
    March 13, 2017 7:35 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

Beefcake said:

Since i am not sure where you saw this information (ill take your word on it), does that mean there is a chance they maybe scaled to gnome sizes and not humanoid sizes?

Or changed from the character creation. Just do not wish to get my hopes up to high, as i loved the gnome summoner being a smaller race.

This is what Beef is referring to:

Istuulamae said:

We will have race-specifric sliders that will allow for reasonable and appropriate variance... I can't say whether or not the norms of the final iteration will be more to your liking, but I can say that we're not done tinkering with proportions, relative size and so on.

So on character creation, you will be able to slightly adjust the height of your Gnome to customize it. But there will still be a limited range, based on what makes sense in the world. What exactly that range will be is still undecided, but regardless, just slide that slider all the way to minimum if you want to get it as short as possible haha. I'm not sure what you mean by "scaled to gnome sizes" though. That means a lot of different things, and it just depends on the game lore/style. Gnomes in Terminus are already pretty short, especially compared to the rest of the races, as we saw in the last stream. If you're looking for something more like a WoW gnome however, then you're probably out of luck because that sort of 2-foot cartoony model simply does not fit here. With such a high fantasy game, I think VR is shooting for less comedic value with the Gnomes and focusing on a more serious image/feeling for the race. But they'll still be one of the shortest if not the shortest race.