Forums » Website Support

E-Mail Notification Help

• 214 posts
    March 10, 2017 7:36 AM PST

Simply; must I uncheck the box near "post comment" titled "send me notifications when other members respond" every single time I make a post to NOT receive emails every time someone comments on a thread I post in? I've already disabled all e-mail notifications in my profile/settings, yet I still am getting automated emails (I have 50-100 emails spamming me about people commenting on threads). I searched for this topic and couldn't find it anywhere on the forums

• 532 posts
    March 10, 2017 7:50 AM PST

Im in the other boat, no matter how many things I sign up for I dont get emails. I have signed up for the newletter many times over the years and get nothing. 

• 177 posts
    March 10, 2017 8:36 AM PST

To answer your initial question, yes you must uncheck the box to not receive notifications about the topic.

In case you're not aware, to turn off thread notifications... go to the thread, at the top there is a link to "Stop Watching Topic" (something like that). Click that and you'll stop receiving emails for that thread. 

I know there in the process of updating the website/forums, so this is unlikely to change til that happens.

• 214 posts
    March 10, 2017 8:57 AM PST

@nanfoodle  Heh heh, wish I could help you there. There are advanced notification settings, but it appears you've already been there. I can't even quote your remark without the whole thread being cut off, so I'm guessing it's just a bug.

@Archaen Thank you for the insight. Seems "Stop Watching Topic" is the most efficient option, so that you don't have to repeatedly uncheck the email box every time you comment (the email box will be rechecked if you make another comment in the same thread). Thanks again!

• 1167 posts
    March 10, 2017 12:19 PM PST

I've found that checking/unchecking the box -or- using Watch Topic/Stop Watching Topic works for me.  One thing I've noticed, though, is that the box seems to get checked or unchecked seemingly randomly when posting from my phone sometimes.

• 10030 posts
    March 10, 2017 6:50 PM PST

I have moved this to Website Support as it relates to website support, the replies from the community have pretty much covered what I would have said so thank you folks! :)

If you are still having issues though, you are welcome to submit a support ticket and someone will try and help you further.