Forums » The Monk

Informal Poll on races for monk.

• 72 posts
    March 8, 2017 6:54 PM PST

Ok not sure i can do an actual poll with selections and all, Now that the races have been announced for classes, Which race will your monk be? Ill add/edit this post as we go along.

ill be Archai, What will you be?

ARCHAI= 2

SKAR=1

DARK MYR=1

HUMAN=1

EDITED for count.

This post was edited by Senadin at March 10, 2017 5:41 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    March 8, 2017 9:17 PM PST

While I do not plan to main a monk at this time, I will likely alt one and it would be a Skar :)

• 4529 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:17 AM PST

There is no way for members to make actual polls. There used to be polls, but they were misused. (See https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5187/option-to-add-polls-for-our-threads and https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3190/polls-search-official-suggestion-threads) But if you're curious, this works.

I will mostly likely have a Human Monk alt.

• 2973 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:59 AM PST

Human for sure. 

• 87 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:13 PM PST

If Skar get an aesthetic redesign to be half as cool as an Iksar, then that's where I'll go. Until then, I've been heavily considering skipping playing a monk. I suppose if I do roll one, it will be an Archai.

• 22 posts
    March 10, 2017 4:54 PM PST

Definitely going to be a Dark Myr monk. Monks are my favorite fantasy archetype and the Dark Myr are merfolk which is badass and rare to see as a playable race in MMOs.

• 72 posts
    March 10, 2017 5:41 PM PST

drewber2814 said:

Definitely going to be a Dark Myr monk. Monks are my favorite fantasy archetype and the Dark Myr are merfolk which is badass and rare to see as a playable race in MMOs.

Yeah Dark Myr is tempting and i agree, i think they are gona be a rare pick. Tempting to say the least!

• 35 posts
    May 6, 2017 9:16 AM PDT

For me itll really come down to stats and looks of the models.

I really like the Myr as a race, but they don't really fit my image of a monk. I just love their backstory as a race so much. Maybe if their stats are top pick for monks and their models are amazing.

Archai seem really cool for monks. I generally like smaller character models instead of super beefy and buff models, so I'm really excited to see the female archai and what they look like.

I'm having such a hard time trying to convince myself to play monk over rogue, but if I play monk it'll probably be archai.

• 2 posts
    May 8, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

Probably up to the racials, but Arachai or Myr, for looks .. since this is faction based i dont really want to deal with everyone hating me with Skar, like Iskar back in the day. 

• 774 posts
    April 23, 2018 8:04 AM PDT

I have plans to play Human, but after Beta that may change. I don't forsee many racial differences so i might just stick with human. 

• 1900 posts
    April 23, 2018 8:09 AM PDT

Never posted here ? Shame !

Archai first choice, skarr if they really look good ( and currently, they don't)

• 143 posts
    April 23, 2018 1:56 PM PDT

Skar or Dark myr..... leaning in Skar.....Lex will need a puller for his Dire lord mhahahaha

• 1 posts
    May 17, 2018 3:54 AM PDT

As someone who played a froglok brusier for years i assume myr could be a nice fit little dissapointed the monk races are so restrictive dwarf monk would have been awsome

• 16 posts
    May 17, 2018 7:31 AM PDT

I will be an Archai because... well glowing!  Unless there's a change and they allow Ogres to be monks, then I'll be an Ogre monk because kung fu Ogres are the best.

• 89 posts
    May 19, 2018 9:43 AM PDT

Still debating on playing a monk or rogue, but if I do roll a monk it will most certainly be Archai.

• 1202 posts
    May 22, 2018 3:57 PM PDT

Skar = no

Archai = No

Dark Myr, only if their passive is water breath

Human = most likely

• 11 posts
    June 3, 2018 6:02 PM PDT

Being as there *are* very few specifics at this time, and so much could change between now and release, it has hard to pin one down.

However, I am leaning towards a Human Monk. The whole "hated by everyone", "dark and moody" thing is just fatiguing for me right now. Just hope I can get him to look Asian, which would be cool...

This post was edited by Gutted at June 3, 2018 6:05 PM PDT
    • 1384 posts
    June 3, 2018 11:29 PM PDT

My method for choosing race seems to be different than most. I want to have at least one char from each race. So I made a list of all the classes I wanted to try (Happily I managed to come up with 9 classes), picked my preference for the 2 classes I want to main (Dire Lord and Shaman) and then divided up all the remaining races into the remaining classes.

Admittedly, if the actual racial abilities turn out to be very useful through the life of the chars and not just at the lower levels, I may throw the whole list out and start over!

Anyway, my methods resulted in my Monk being Archai.

• 4 posts
    June 18, 2018 11:38 AM PDT

Archai for myself, and Monk will be the main for me

This post was edited by SmithOnly at June 18, 2018 11:38 AM PDT
    • 130 posts
    July 25, 2018 1:07 PM PDT

I'll be a Human Monk for sure

• 1762 posts
    July 25, 2018 9:50 PM PDT

Skar