Forums » Pantheon Races

Racial Bonus's

• 5 posts
    March 4, 2017 12:47 AM PST

Has there been anything put out on the racial bonuses for the different races. I understand that there probably will be some, but how severe will the penalties and benifits be. I have personnally always like the idea of a race being good with different weapons and magics. Its always added so much to there culture, the way that they lived, and a small insight into there tradtions. But have hated the idea of EXP. penalties. I dont know do you guys know or have any ideas as to good racial penalties.

• 595 posts
    March 4, 2017 10:16 AM PST

Short answer is yes, there will be racial bonuses and experience bonuses and/or penalties for some.  To my knowledge, none have been disclosed.  There are also other factors to be considered like the "body type" and "atmosphere" systems which may affect races/classes differently.  Some of this was discussed in the December 2016 Twitch stream but it was more of a primer rather than anything definitive.  Another consideration is that we don't yet know for certain what Pantheon stats do nor how stat/attribute increases will work.

Check out the thread link below.  There has been no official response from VR but you can get an idea of what the community thinks.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4510/racial-attributes-and-abilities-viewpoint

• 633 posts
    March 4, 2017 6:37 PM PST

I personally hope there aren't any experience penalties/bonuses for being a specific race, unless there is something to do with XP at maximum level.  The reason being is at max level it is no longer a bonus or penalty, unlike the bonuses and penalties other races usually get.

Of course, if there is something to do with XP (maybe be able to spend XP on something, like short term buffs or something), then I see no problem with it.

• 2886 posts
    March 7, 2017 5:33 AM PST

From the FAQ:

"One’s race and class should definitely result in a different experience and playing an alternate character should feel reasonably different. As for significant racial penalties, like experience penalties, we don't think anything like that will be necessary in Pantheon."

• 93 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:26 PM PDT
    Good to read that, exp bonuses and penalties are a bad idea, in my opinion.
    • 137 posts
    May 14, 2017 3:57 PM PDT

I always enjoy min/maxing my character. The sooner those racial traits get released the sooner I can theorycraft :)

• 208 posts
    May 15, 2017 10:21 AM PDT

Hehehe I would rather make the xp bonus/penatly be related to how long that race has been in terminus..  If the race has only been there for 4 generations or less then there should be a penalty, if the race has been there from 5 to 10ishgenerations no penalty/bonus and for those that have been there for more than 10 generations then they get the xp bonus.  *shrugs* but that is just me since my main will be an ogre one of the first races on terminus :P

• 169 posts
    May 19, 2017 2:31 PM PDT
    Races bonuses should not deal with how much exp you get, they should fall under stats, special AA then they are implemented, and resists or acclamation.
    For example you are an ogre warrior..you might have a higher str/stam/ and defensive mod over a human warrior.
    A human warrior would have more agility and wisdom (assuming there may be a stat that helps with resists).
    While the ogre might be a better tank at endgame, the difference would be minimal.
    • 2419 posts
    May 20, 2017 1:20 PM PDT

I must also agree that XP penalty/bonuses for races is a bad idea dn one that VR should avoid putting into Pantheon.  It was a terrible idea in EQ1 as all it did was punish people.

Bonuses should be limited to stats or abilities.

• 208 posts
    May 21, 2017 7:15 PM PDT

I actually like the idea of XP penalty/bonuses.  I have always disliked the concept that just because a class is good in a specific ability they should also get a bnus to xp.  I always thought that the more benefits that a race got in game then that would be off set by the XP penalty and vice versa for the hindrances.  The more hindrences a race has the more xp bonuses should be given them.  I know, I know.  I am an oddball like that but that has always been my view.  Now in the overall big picture of things I think that XP penalty/bonuses are an important topic.  I guess we will leave it up to the Devs like always to decide and then we will play the game accordingly...