Forums » Website Support

RSS Feed

• 23 posts
    February 8, 2017 4:40 PM PST

Is there a RSS Feed for the news?

• 267 posts
    February 8, 2017 4:52 PM PST

Hey Kilsin, for the new website you're working on: this.

• 526 posts
    February 9, 2017 12:43 PM PST

I hope they are I have wanted one for a while now.

• 10030 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:20 PM PST

We do not currently have one for these forums but we have already been working on one plus a dev tracker on the new forums, as previous mentioned ;)

I have moved this down to Website Support, as it relates to a website question/request, please do not post in "News and Announcements" section as it is reserved for VR Staff and only open so others can reply to our posts.

This post was edited by Kilsin at February 9, 2017 3:21 PM PST
    • 25 posts
    May 5, 2017 12:02 PM PDT

I second this motion!  We have a gaming community and we have a forum section of all upcoming games to keep all the news in one place on our forums.  An RSS feed for Pantheon News and Announcements is neeeeeded :)

I can pull from twitter pages, but it doesn't come through the feed reader as nicely as RSS does.

• 10030 posts
    May 5, 2017 6:09 PM PDT

FatGoat said:

I second this motion!  We have a gaming community and we have a forum section of all upcoming games to keep all the news in one place on our forums.  An RSS feed for Pantheon News and Announcements is neeeeeded :)

I can pull from twitter pages, but it doesn't come through the feed reader as nicely as RSS does.

Just to reiterate; "we have already been working on one plus a dev tracker on the new forums, as previous mentioned ;)"

We agree this is an important feature and when we make the move you will be able to enjoy those options and more, no ETA yet of new forums though, we are working hard on getting them setup and security tested for eCommerce, accounts and permissions.

• 147 posts
    May 5, 2017 8:07 PM PDT

The one for the forums would likely need to come later with the new forum. The hardest part of getting an RSS feed to a forum or specific developers for a forum is that if it has authentication (logging in and the secure socket layer) then the RSS will give you a 404 when you try to get an RSS feed of an update of a user. Am I assuming correctly it will be part of the new forums Kilsin?

For specific pages, you could workaround if you're trying to add it to a fansite or something.

https://feedity.com/pantheonmmo-com/WlZSUVdS.rss

You could build that into a workable widget that displays an RSS feed for the page. That should give you the XML, it's just a free thing so it's got limitations but I've seen some clients get creative with it and build around it. I am far too lazy tonight to code an RSS widget lol.

• 10030 posts
    May 6, 2017 3:13 AM PDT

Burnsmh said:

The one for the forums would likely need to come later with the new forum. The hardest part of getting an RSS feed to a forum or specific developers for a forum is that if it has authentication (logging in and the secure socket layer) then the RSS will give you a 404 when you try to get an RSS feed of an update of a user. Am I assuming correctly it will be part of the new forums Kilsin?

For specific pages, you could workaround if you're trying to add it to a fansite or something.

https://feedity.com/pantheonmmo-com/WlZSUVdS.rss

You could build that into a workable widget that displays an RSS feed for the page. That should give you the XML, it's just a free thing so it's got limitations but I've seen some clients get creative with it and build around it. I am far too lazy tonight to code an RSS widget lol.

The new forums have a dev tracker and RSS already built in ready to go :)