Forums » The Skar

The Skar will be my Race

• 42 posts
    January 28, 2017 1:02 PM PST

I tend to get attached to a race, so I’m only going to play classes of the Skar, and I will only experience the world from their perspective.

Pantheon is bringing back the old school MMO experience, particularly EQ, and I think its natural for players to try to revive that nostalgia. I started EQ after Kunark came out, and the only race I played as was the Iksar. I understand the Skar replaced the trolls, and their lore may not be a perfect match, but they also have some similarities to the Iksar.

I will revive my MMO nostalgia through the Skar race. I’m looking forward to see what classes I can play, and what zones I will be exploring in the early stages.

• 1915 posts
    January 29, 2017 2:13 PM PST

I like to mix it up. I can't stuck with one race. I will have an Ogre and Gnome first.

• 266 posts
    January 29, 2017 6:08 PM PST

Your approach isn't for me, but I think it's cool.  I'm honestly curious about what similarities you see between the iksar and the skar because, while I liked the Iksar, my reation to the Skar's lore and concept art has been very negative.

• 4528 posts
    January 30, 2017 8:05 AM PST

I haven't heard of anyone doing that. I feel like I would miss out on too much. But that's the beauty of these games - everyone can play it how they want.

Unfortunately for you, it's looking like Skar will have the fewest available classes. But we'll see. Glhf

• 1165 posts
    January 30, 2017 10:05 AM PST

I think it's a cool idea.  I generally stick to one race, but that's humans, so it's much easier.  I also don't have an issue making a race of another alt if a class isn't available to humans.  I'm interested in seeing the Skar in game.  Concept art doesn't do it for me, either...super weird.

• 42 posts
    January 30, 2017 2:22 PM PST

I'm not much into lore, but one main thing that sticks out, the Skar seems to be a race that is going to be hated by others. Iksars had to deal with this as well, and one of the challenges I enjoyed was building my faction up with many other races, just so I can goto merchants, hunt in surrounding zones, or just being one of the rare iksars that were liked in another city. I admit, the predator look seems out of place in the fantasy world. However, they do have a reptilian feel to them.  

I'm pretty sure the races in EQ had atleast one class available that could fullful each core role, so I'm hoping Pantheon will be the same. I have preferences when it comes to classes, but if their not available, I will get over it. Obviously were still in the early stages, so all we can do is predict how things are going to be at this point.