Forums » The Summoner

Conjure Barricades and Conjure Tools

• 1988 posts
    January 25, 2017 10:03 PM PST

Barricades and Tools are two things the summoner will be able to conjure up.

I think it is worth noting that weaponry has been listed separately from tools.  

Other than that we don't know much. What could those be? 

Tools for crafting maybe? Or something else entirely?

Does conjure barricades act like the cleric pillar shield ability?

Does anyone have any speculation on those two?

• 4530 posts
    January 26, 2017 8:11 AM PST

I imagine torches would be considered a tool. Also, harvesting tools (axes, picks, sickles, etc.) would probably be likely, but I suppose tools like hammers and such to assist with the actual crafting of other items would make sense. The barricade would HAVE to be at least somewhat different than the cleric's pillar shield. But probably a similar zone control idea.

• 1165 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:59 AM PST

I'd imagine the barriers will be similar to the pillar shield, but maybe defeatable.  Maybe you have less control over their positioning, also.  I agree that they probably mean crafting and harvesting tools, but who knows?

• 1737 posts
    January 27, 2017 7:24 AM PST

Barricades in use in AC2, from Tactician class (2015).  Not the same type of class exactly, but turrets are considered pets, and the Tactician can summon barriers and walls.

Initially, when AC2 was released, barriers were exploited tremendously, so hopefully that type of emergent gameplay is exposed and addressed during testing for Pantheon.

XX

• 266 posts
    January 27, 2017 8:16 AM PST

Getting barricades right is going to be difficult.  I would love to hear more about the design philosophy behind them and remain cautiously optimistic going into alpha and beta.

• 41 posts
    January 28, 2017 10:11 PM PST

I would expect the barricades to be a temporary and likely uncontrollable item. My assumption is that we'll either be able to pre-place them for a defensive advantage or drop them during battle for a quick defensive mechanism or to save a groupmate. For tools, I see them being a far more useful item out of combat, potentially for tradeskills or possibly some pre-fight tactics. But this all speculation on my part and I would love to know more about their situational and potential uses.