Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

I had a dream....

• 97 posts
    January 22, 2017 5:28 PM PST

Last night i dreamt that they announced dates for pre-alpha, alpha, and beta testing starting Feb 28th. How sad when I woke up at realized it was a dream :(

• 780 posts
    January 22, 2017 5:48 PM PST

I had a dream that I had this magnificent, Tom Selleck-quality mustache.  I was looking at my reflection and enjoying it.  I was so satisfied that after all this time, I finally grew a good mustache.  Then I woke up to find it gone and I was crestfallen.

• 97 posts
    January 22, 2017 6:09 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

I had a dream that I had this magnificent, Tom Selleck-quality mustache.  I was looking at my reflection and enjoying it.  I was so satisfied that after all this time, I finally grew a good mustache.  Then I woke up to find it gone and I was crestfallen.

I legitimately LOL'd at this. +1 :)

• 839 posts
    January 22, 2017 7:26 PM PST

Way to wake up to a sad reality Quintra! :(

Haha to Shuck, thats golden lol! I might be able to top that with a VERY bizzare one lol!

to give some context... My fishtank is under attack from a nasty disease at the moment and i am losing the battle to cure it at the moment and just the other night i had this manic dream that i was driving around in my work van with a... killer whale in the back lol.. my wife and i were desperately trying to find the beach to try and save it and we had to keep pouring water on top of it from this little water bottle we had to keep stopping at random houses filling up this water bottle to keep it wet.  In my dream my gps was not working properly and I was driving around completely lost in all these little side streets in the sydney suburbs.. it was very hectic lol, eventually found the beach and pushed the whale into the water... it was extremely weird!

I am assuming that this is because i am feeling pretty helpless with the fishtank at the moment!  Well at least i hope it is because of this because if not.. then I am just losing my mind lol

Dont judge me too much haha, thought it was too random not to share when i saw this topic.

• 12 posts
    January 22, 2017 10:58 PM PST

I had a dream last week that I was at work and got an e-mail notification that it was alpha time.  Perhaps we're being contacted via VR's new experimental social media platform?

• 9115 posts
    January 23, 2017 3:30 AM PST

Hahaha, you folks crack me up, some wishful thinking and some weird stuff going on in those heads of yours lol :)

• 780 posts
    January 23, 2017 6:38 AM PST

That's a strange one, Hokanu.  It's interesting that you were successful despite the elements of futility that were present in the dream.  Were you able to save the aquarium?

EDIT:  Sorry, just got yours Soldax!  If they have dream communication down, my expectations for PRF are definitely going to skyrocket.  LOL.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at January 23, 2017 6:40 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 23, 2017 2:35 PM PST

I had a dream that I went back to my old healthcare worker job and that I was excited about it (geesh I'm retired..maybe a little too much waiting on Pantheon?)    As for dreaming about Pantheon..I do that every day,  literally since I joined up here in February, 2014.      ONE DAY I know at least this dream will come true.  :)

Cana

• 839 posts
    January 23, 2017 4:24 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

That's a strange one, Hokanu.  It's interesting that you were successful despite the elements of futility that were present in the dream.  Were you able to save the aquarium?

EDIT:  Sorry, just got yours Soldax!  If they have dream communication down, my expectations for PRF are definitely going to skyrocket.  LOL.

I wish the outcome was as good as the dream but unfortunately i have lost all except 4 fish :( They are of a completely different species to the ones i lost so i am guessing the disease just does not take hold on that species, so all in all you would pretty much say no i completely failed!  Had about 8 years of virtually no issues and then bam they all gone. Pretty heartbreaking!

• 2886 posts
    January 24, 2017 5:37 AM PST

Hokanu said:

Shucklighter said:

I wish the outcome was as good as the dream but unfortunately i have lost all except 4 fish :( They are of a completely different species to the ones i lost so i am guessing the disease just does not take hold on that species, so all in all you would pretty much say no i completely failed!  Had about 8 years of virtually no issues and then bam they all gone. Pretty heartbreaking!

Sorry to hear that. I have some family that has struggled with that a few times. Fish are much harder to maintain than one would think. Especially salt water. A very delicate balance.

• 780 posts
    January 24, 2017 6:33 AM PST

Definitely a bummer.  Do you have to keep those fish separate from now on, I imagine?  Maybe they are carriers.

• 839 posts
    January 24, 2017 2:51 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Sorry to hear that. I have some family that has struggled with that a few times. Fish are much harder to maintain than one would think. Especially salt water. A very delicate balance.

Cheers mate, I am deciding what to do next with how i will evolve the tank or whether i will come to the end of the my fish era, its a pretty big 6ft tank and I would love to end up housing some smaller fish this time round so it would be like a wwonderland in there for them instead of bigger cichlids whcih is what i just lost.  Salt water would be a lot of work and from the enquiries i have made very expensive especially if you want to keep coral in the tank!

Shucklighter said:

Definitely a bummer.  Do you have to keep those fish separate from now on, I imagine?  Maybe they are carriers.

The remainder fish are on their own now and I think they are a little weirded out by the fact all the others are gone, they seem to be pretty unsettled, hopefully it is not the start of their demise :(

Appreciate the kind words gents!