Forums » The Dire Lord

Dark Knight and Shields

• 499 posts
    April 17, 2018 10:16 AM PDT

Youmu said:

The general way of big two handed weapoins like zweihänders and pole-weapons like haberds and glaives deal with shields is, GO FOR THE LEGS, or FEINT FOR LEGS AND GO FOR HEAD.

The style i was taught literally has the stance built to go for the legs. Good ol zweihänders.

Ive done my katana vs a spear now that is a hard fight to win. I win it the same way with a shield. Push in and bait an attack then trap with a  block and approach fast. I defeated a person who taught classes in portland oregon using that tech. Then he got out two warclubs and bashed my thumb so hard i couldnt compete for the rest of the day. 

Sunm. When magic is involved its a different story. Agreed

-Mobile

-Todd

• 9 posts
    May 2, 2018 8:51 AM PDT

I am hoping that DL, using the 2h or otherwise, will have some area of affect type damage/hate. I currently play an SK in EQ2 and enjoy the ability to tank and dps solidly while killing multiple foes. The class reveal for DL cannot come fast enough.

• 70 posts
    May 19, 2018 11:19 AM PDT

Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vebn1AN6KY&feature=youtu.be Time Stamp 16:47

Required to use edged weapons 2H or DW. 

That said it may not stop anyone from using a Shield, however, it may not be the most optimal way to go.