Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New Year's Resolutions for 2017

• 279 posts
    December 30, 2016 10:40 AM PST

Post your New Year's Resolutions fellow Pantheon fans.

As for me I got lots,
    1. Play Pantheon (or pre-alpha testing and beyond anyway)
    2. /Poke Aradune
    3. Think of good names for Pantheon characters
    4. Save more money in bank
    5. Exercise more
    6. Play most of the 30+ PS4 games I got during the holiday sales
    7. Figure out how to install HDD and GPU for the first time since the 90's
    8. Try to be more understanding towards professional Twitch streamers
    9. Set up room for room scale virtual reality

• 1468 posts
    December 30, 2016 11:00 AM PST

Get into streaming on Twitch in a big way. Try and stream at least 3 times a week for 4 hours or more each time.

Edit: Play Pantheon Pre-alpha a lot when it finally comes out :).

This post was edited by Cromulent at December 30, 2016 11:01 AM PST
    • 1618 posts
    December 30, 2016 2:26 PM PST

I am still thinking about shaving now, and then not again until Pre-alpha release.

• 61 posts
    December 30, 2016 7:58 PM PST

I'm going to do my own version of the 1000 rep challenge.    I haven't worked out in years and I spend too many hours sitting on my assets writing code and playing video games to have retained any of the muscle mass from my youth.  So... starting January 1st, for 30 days I will do 100 push ups, 100 crunches, 100 squats, 100 pike pushups, 100 dips, 100 high knees, 100 jumping jacks, 100 burpees, 100 lunges, and 100 lat pulls every day.  Of course, I'm 25 pounds overweight now and kinda lazy so I might have to break it into 5 or more sets and start out with VERY light weights for the lat pulls.  I'm gonna hurt like hell, I know, but if I can do it, it should be fun to see what difference it can make in just 30 days.

• 1618 posts
    December 30, 2016 8:24 PM PST

Not in that shape yet. But, have been lifting some weights with my son. I need to lose about 100 pounds before I start doing pull ups.

• 61 posts
    December 30, 2016 8:31 PM PST

yeah, I couldn't do more than 2 pullups right now if my life depending on it, that's why I switched out for lat pulldowns.  I have a full gym in my garage, but I don't have the drive to go out there and use it.   Never needed to worry about it until I hit 39.  Prior to that, I was still playing Aussie Football and soccer and hiking on weekends, plus lifting weights so I could eat anything I wanted and never noticed it.  At 39 I had to have my thyroid removed due to cancer.  I try to blame my weight gain on taking pills to replace the work my thyroid does, but my doc is pretty brutally honest.   He just tells me I'm an old, lazy b@st@rd now and if I want to get back in shape, I need to do something about it.

• 1618 posts
    December 30, 2016 8:38 PM PST

I blame my weight gain on marriage and an enabling wife, that sadly cares about me no matter what I look like. What the hell is wrong with her?

• 61 posts
    December 30, 2016 8:39 PM PST

My wife is equally as horrible... she loves to cook and cooks some damn good food.

• 1778 posts
    December 30, 2016 11:29 PM PST

Take better care of myself health wise.

Go back and try Project Gorgon again when it hits Early Access on steam.

Try to find a mmo-lite or co-op online game to play with my local friends (this is probably the hardest cuz everyone is so damn picky, including me)

Play test the hell out of some Pantheon!

• 279 posts
    December 31, 2016 7:47 AM PST

Beefcake said:

I am still thinking about shaving now, and then not again until Pre-alpha release.

hahaha you should!

• 563 posts
    December 31, 2016 9:03 AM PST

My resolutions this year:

Test like crazy in pre-alpha (ok not a resolution, its a must!).

Drink less pop and more water.

Use my bike more (I have a stationary bike as a "computer chair" underneath my standing desk, but I find myself just sitting on it too much).

Exercise more.

Try to deal with my social anxiety better.

• 781 posts
    December 31, 2016 3:30 PM PST

My resolutions for 2017: 

Hug more

Listen more

Smile more

be more patient

learn to say " YOU are Loved " a lot more

believe " I am Loved" no matter the situation

Rest :)