Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Promoting Pantheon

• 18 posts
    December 8, 2016 1:26 PM PST

Admins,

I've been doing my best to promote Pantheon within my own circle.  What else can we, the fan base, do to promote this MMO and peak more interest?  Does Pantheon have plans to boost marketing and promos as you get closer to release?  Over the last several months, Ive seen Facebook likes go from the single digits to triple digits, so people are learning about it, but what else can we do to help?

• 221 posts
    December 8, 2016 3:24 PM PST

My whole family is getting a Pantheon sub for Christmas! 

• 9115 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:00 PM PST

Trazick said:

Admins,

I've been doing my best to promote Pantheon within my own circle.  What else can we, the fan base, do to promote this MMO and peak more interest?  Does Pantheon have plans to boost marketing and promos as you get closer to release?  Over the last several months, Ive seen Facebook likes go from the single digits to triple digits, so people are learning about it, but what else can we do to help?

First of all, thank you for helping to promote us! That is the best thing we can ask for at the moment is word of mouth promotion, telling friends and family about us and letting them see our gameplay videos and read our "Pantheon Difference" and Game Tenets" for themselves to see if we are a good fit for them.

We have run some small marketing campaigns on FB and Twitter and they have worked well but we have some serious marketing plans for testing and release but at the moment we are trying to control the hype so we don;t get too far ahead of ourselves, we want people to be excited and know about us but we are still a way off from testing and release so we don;t want to go crazy and have people get excited and then bored and then forget about us!

Everything is growing steadily, though, all the official platforms continue to see growth and the vibe across all platforms is very positive which is great to see. The only thing we continue to ask is spread the word, tell your friends, family, work colleagues, school friends and anyone you think would be interested in our game so they can come and check us out, we want to grow the community with like-minded people too so the more the merrier :)

• 9115 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:01 PM PST

Convo said:

Haha, that is awesome man :)

• 595 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:13 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Convo said:

I too pulled the trigger and purchased my youngest brother a Knight's Pledge before it went by the wayside.  I can't really call it a Christmas gift considering I bought it several months ago (more of a "hey dork, don't miss out on beta!" gift).  I'm still working on my middle brother, though I have a pretty strong feeling that he'll be on board as we get closer to an actual launch date, at which point I'll likely make another gift purchase for him.  And of course, the wife (@Feyreisa) has been here from the start.  But to reiterate, great gift idea for sure!

To comment on the OP - if you're interested, you should check out Anook, a social media platform for gamers!  There are several of us from these forums who post about various games/content, Pantheon included.  Myself, the guys from "Voices of Terminus" and several other can be found there!

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2016 12:47 AM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Convo said:

I too pulled the trigger and purchased my youngest brother a Knight's Pledge before it went by the wayside.  I can't really call it a Christmas gift considering I bought it several months ago (more of a "hey dork, don't miss out on beta!" gift).  I'm still working on my middle brother, though I have a pretty strong feeling that he'll be on board as we get closer to an actual launch date, at which point I'll likely make another gift purchase for him.  And of course, the wife (@Feyreisa) has been here from the start.  But to reiterate, great gift idea for sure!

To comment on the OP - if you're interested, you should check out Anook, a social media platform for gamers!  There are several of us from these forums who post about various games/content, Pantheon included.  Myself, the guys from "Voices of Terminus" and several other can be found there!

Nice one, Nika! :)

• 626 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:01 AM PST

So happy to hear you are trying to hold the Hype down. I hate seeing people set expectations for a game that are too high for release based off hype... IMO its good to do some small's marketing, and let the core players come in and build the game community through them. Its ok to have a smallish release if you continue to gain more subscribers over the years. Thats how IMO games become great! 

Steady small growth over years is what you want verse, and huge influx of players all at once only to loose half of them within a year.

• 2886 posts
    December 9, 2016 6:40 AM PST

Saicred said:

I hate seeing people set expectations for a game that are too high for release based off hype...

*cough* EQN *cough*

• 208 posts
    December 9, 2016 8:05 PM PST

We need street teams. Flyers about Pantheon on every telephone pole and store front. lol

This post was edited by Bluefyre at December 9, 2016 8:05 PM PST
    • 1434 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:13 PM PST

As I've said before, one of the best ways to promote Pantheon is probably to interact with the mmorpg.com community every now in again. That is probably the best targeted exposure Visionary Realms could hope for, and it still has a pretty high concentration of older MMO enthusiasts.

Fair warning, there is quite a bit of negativity and skepticism there, but by participating there, it keeps Pantheon discussions on the main page and in the forefront of people's minds.

• 249 posts
    December 9, 2016 11:26 PM PST
    I think that stream will promote this game to new levels
    • 500 posts
    December 10, 2016 2:19 AM PST

Ashvaild said: I think that stream will promote this game to new levels

Agree 100%.  I expect a very sizeable influx of new pledges will come due to the latest stream.  VR knocked it out of the park.  The game looks very, very good.  I've seen numerous games that didn't look half as good at their actual launch. 

This post was edited by Grymmlocke at December 10, 2016 2:21 AM PST
    • 1468 posts
    December 10, 2016 3:53 AM PST

I've been trying to promote Pantheon amongst the members of my old guild in EQ. So far quite a lot of them seem really interested which is great news. I'm looking forward to us all coming together in the same guild and playing together in another MMO.

I'm going to show them the videos of the stream and see if they get more interested in it now that more information has been released.

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:41 PM PST

When the time comes, I desperately hope they make an advertisement with a "Party like it's 1999" theme!!! LOL

• 3016 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:43 PM PST

I tweet and Facebook Pantheon news when I remember.    Best advertising is word of mouth.  :)  Oh and just promoted it on my profile on Steam :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 10, 2016 6:44 PM PST
    • 72 posts
    December 10, 2016 1:56 PM PST

Already forwarded the link to the new and old video (to show scope and progress) to all my old D&D buddies and EQ friends, telling them to spread the word!

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:19 PM PST

Thank you folks, it may not seem like a lot but any new eyes with similar gaming tastes as our community looking at Pantheon help us a lot, if they like what they see and tell their friends and family etc. the word of mouth spreads far and wide and that is huge for us in terms of building our awesome community up even bigger and more support for the game plus any investors looking at us can see how many are interested in a game like this, and the more they see the better chances of them investing ;)

So it all helps and we thank you for helping to spread the word, it means a lot to the whole team!