Forums » The Halflings

Indigenous roots and interesting connections...

• 203 posts
    December 7, 2016 8:46 AM PST

I was thinking about the lore on the Halflings, and how they are so intrinsically connected to the land. They use their surroundings without hurting what is around them. (the trees and the like) The appear to have many similaritites to the Native American peoples of the Americas. The use of feathers and natural hides in their garments and hair. Thier connection with the spirits, and the like. Will post a few more musings later, really enjoy the art direction of this game. The obvious thing is to keep them rooted in the lore and the world of Terminus, curious to see where their story goes.

• 754 posts
    December 7, 2016 6:54 PM PST

VitaKorp3n said:

I was thinking about the lore on the Halflings, and how they are so intrinsically connected to the land. They use their surroundings without hurting what is around them. (the trees and the like) The appear to have many similaritites to the Native American peoples of the Americas. The use of feathers and natural hides in their garments and hair. Thier connection with the spirits, and the like. Will post a few more musings later, really enjoy the art direction of this game. The obvious thing is to keep them rooted in the lore and the world of Terminus, curious to see where their story goes.

You just unknowingly made a very good argument for halflings to get the shaman class.

That aside, The lore also shows a social side to them. Yes, they love nature...but they are also essentially dnd's half elves. As social masters, they are good with riddles.. and people who go to their cities apparantly feel completely at home and have a fantastic time (probably partying).

• 1915 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:32 PM PST

I would think Druids might be better for halflings than shamans. Shamans are more for primal cultures. I would think halflings  more developed, but still based in nature.

• 4530 posts
    January 1, 2017 6:14 AM PST

Beefcake said:

I would think Druids might be better for halflings than shamans. Shamans are more for primal cultures. I would think halflings  more developed, but still based in nature.

Interesting. I can see both. Druids are pretty much a given as far as I'm concerned. But additionally I think Shamans still make some sense.

• 277 posts
    January 1, 2017 11:07 AM PST

I think both fit also, and imagine that some halflings are probably more developed, as Beef mentioned, but that others that live more out in the wild areas would be a bit more primal.

• 754 posts
    January 25, 2017 5:09 PM PST

Beefcake said:

why not both? but honestly the highest point of spirituality for native americans was the shaman. If halflings are like native americans, they would probably have shamans. In South America Shamans still exist, and are well known for their expertise in psychodelics and general enlightenment beyond the major religions.