Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Azeroths Most Influential Guild

• 626 posts
    December 5, 2016 9:51 AM PST

http://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/an-oral-history-of-azeroths-most-influential-guild

So today I saw this post on /gaming, and had to share it.

For myself, someone who played WoW for years. I remember reading Elitist Jerks content like it was a Bible of sorts. You couldn't find better content on WoW more easily. Over the years I've seen many other websites try to do the same, but honestly no one ever did it as well as Elitist. Looking to the future of gaming I believe sites like this are essitental to the success of any MMO, and I'm just happy to see Pantheon see's this as well!

Pantheon is making an active effort to build a great community from the start, and as part of this they want to help those building Community Fan Sites as well, See post.

So while reading this article I could help but think, "Who is going to be Pantheon's Elitist Jerks?"

Shared from the https://www.imzy.com/pantheon/post/importance_of_good_fan_site" target="_blank">Pantheon Community on Imzy.

Now with it being so early in the games development I don't see how many sites are going to have a lot of information, but wanted to see if people had some fan built favorites out there already?

• 188 posts
    December 5, 2016 10:33 AM PST

There are a couple out there.  The first major one was Project Pantheon, ran by a guy by the name of Amaru - it was quite large, but shut down shortly after the first round of crowd funding here at this site turned sour.  Pantheon101 and The Terminus Terminal are being built and have pages up and running right now, but no community features yet.

I love fan sites and would love to be involved in one - but when we're pretty content starved (and understandably so), it's tough to get someone to commit the time and effort into building one this early on.  

• 626 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:19 AM PST

Hannar said:

There are a couple out there.  The first major one was Project Pantheon, ran by a guy by the name of Amaru - it was quite large, but shut down shortly after the first round of crowd funding here at this site turned sour.  Pantheon101 and The Terminus Terminal are being built and have pages up and running right now, but no community features yet.

I love fan sites and would love to be involved in one - but when we're pretty content starved (and understandably so), it's tough to get someone to commit the time and effort into building one this early on.  

Thank you, and agreed! Its very hard to start one this early on! Hoping to see more pop up as we get closer though :)