Forums » The Dire Lord

Dread lord

• 1 posts
    December 2, 2016 12:04 AM PST

what we want in a dreadlord is the old EQ one shadow knight is that simple. MAY be with todays updates but still the old SK from EQ 1

• 989 posts
    December 2, 2016 5:25 AM PST

Oh man, thats would be amazing :)!

• 19 posts
    December 4, 2016 4:42 PM PST

Hmm, I thought they basically spilled that this was a necromancer not a shadow knight?

• 203 posts
    December 9, 2016 4:16 PM PST

Pretty sure the Necro is slated for after release and the DL is a Shadow Knight equivalent. Gotta have your dark warrior type!

• 145 posts
    December 13, 2016 11:20 AM PST

Kilsin said, in another thread, that he usually mains a rogue, likes a control class, and will likely play a tank as well. He said he think he is leaning Dire Lord when the time comes. That was confirmation enough for me that this is the SK like tank class. 

This post was edited by Katalyzt at December 15, 2016 6:51 PM PST
    • 19 posts
    December 14, 2016 9:49 AM PST

I played an SK exclusively in EQ and I did love it, but it was obsolete in high levels. I was primarily a puller for most of my SK days and could gain aggro in a pinch to save caster classes and then FD my way out of it to let main tank get aggro back. But that didn't work in later levels. I loved that role if they could make it usable throughout the levels. 

• 6 posts
    May 30, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

Naelae said:

I played an SK exclusively in EQ and I did love it, but it was obsolete in high levels. I was primarily a puller for most of my SK days and could gain aggro in a pinch to save caster classes and then FD my way out of it to let main tank get aggro back. But that didn't work in later levels. I loved that role if they could make it usable throughout the levels. 

Hi Naelae, what level did you feel it stopped working this way?

• 6 posts
    May 30, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

Calohar said:

what we want in a dreadlord is the old EQ one shadow knight is that simple. MAY be with todays updates but still the old SK from EQ 1

I like you, and everyone in this thread so far.

• 260 posts
    May 30, 2017 8:44 PM PDT

I hve a soft spot in my dark heart for Shadowknight-type classes.  I played one briefly in EQ (Iksar on E'ci) and have had one in EQ2 since the beginning in 2004, even when they were so broken that playing them was considered a joke.  Vanguard as well, my short-lived main was a Dreadlord.

I am looking forward to this version of my beloved class.