Forums » General Support

Streamers wanting access

• 852 posts
    November 29, 2016 10:48 AM PST

Who/where does one contact to investigate access for professional streamers early access to Pantheon?

Email, twitter, cell?

• 9076 posts
    November 29, 2016 3:16 PM PST

Hey Zew, we pretty much target the who we want after researching them and although we do get asked a lot we tend to only keep these types of things for big marketing/PR pushes, which is why we have gone with Cohhcarnage  and his 64+ million views, you can certainly show interest but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up as the chances will be very slim until we get into release promo mode, for now, it is strategic marketing with a big time streamer that is compatible with our game and community just for raw numbers/views/reach.

This won't be a regular thing and our first batch of community members that get to test the game will be in the first pre-alpha wave where they will most likely be under strict NDA with no streaming/recording allowed.

As with all business inquiries, the best method is via our corporate site: http://visionaryrealms.com/contact-us/

This post was edited by Kilsin at November 29, 2016 3:18 PM PST
    • 4521 posts
    November 30, 2016 10:46 AM PST

Do you expect there to be an NDA during Alpha and Beta too, Kilsin?

• 9076 posts
    November 30, 2016 4:03 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

At this stage, yes, we want to protect the game from premature reviews and media until we actually get to test it and make the changes needed, fix the bugs, balance the combat etc. before we open it up to streaming, youtube and game reviews.

Testing will be old school testing, not early access like so many are used too. ;)

• 4521 posts
    December 1, 2016 5:39 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Bazgrim said:

At this stage, yes, we want to protect the game from premature reviews and media until we actually get to test it and make the changes needed, fix the bugs, balance the combat etc. before we open it up to streaming, youtube and game reviews.

Testing will be old school testing, not early access like so many are used too. ;)

Gotcha. Thanks!

• 989 posts
    December 1, 2016 9:18 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Bazgrim said:

I love this approach! - Thank you for this. Also enjoy seeing that your are allowing people to invest in the game to gain this access verse just picking Streamers to give it too like Overwatch did. Thanks again for this apporach!

• 9076 posts
    December 1, 2016 3:40 PM PST

You're both very welcome :)

• 79 posts
    December 1, 2016 3:45 PM PST

I would like to give me input on one thing that's been killing me. It appears it's becoming more common for devs to release games early to streamers before the actual release of the game. PLEASE, don't do that. I know it's to create hype and if it really helps sales I guess I can understand that, but I absolutely loathe the practice. They did that with Dark Souls 3, weeks early. I wanted to drive to Japan and carpet bomb FromSoftware's office.

Edit: Yes, it bothered me enough that I would drive to Japan.

This post was edited by VicNuggets at December 1, 2016 3:56 PM PST
    • 9076 posts
    December 1, 2016 9:43 PM PST

VicNuggets said:

I would like to give me input on one thing that's been killing me. It appears it's becoming more common for devs to release games early to streamers before the actual release of the game. PLEASE, don't do that. I know it's to create hype and if it really helps sales I guess I can understand that, but I absolutely loathe the practice. They did that with Dark Souls 3, weeks early. I wanted to drive to Japan and carpet bomb FromSoftware's office.

Edit: Yes, it bothered me enough that I would drive to Japan.

This is not something we are even considering, so don't worry ;)

Our Testers will be the first to "play" Pantheon is a broken/buggy state and we need their help to fix as much as we can prior to release, streamers won't help us with that but they are great for publicity and getting our game out there to people who are just like you that haven't seen it yet.

• 49 posts
    December 10, 2016 12:59 PM PST

This game is a very big unknown in the gaming world. I hope you continue to push streams out like you have been. Approaching 10,000 members already and I believe that number could increase 5-fold if you guys keep doing streams like you did yesterday. A lot of EQ gamers disappeared from the gaming world because of how bad the games today are - they may not even realize this game exists yet.

• 9076 posts
    December 11, 2016 2:19 AM PST

Dreake said:

This game is a very big unknown in the gaming world. I hope you continue to push streams out like you have been. Approaching 10,000 members already and I believe that number could increase 5-fold if you guys keep doing streams like you did yesterday. A lot of EQ gamers disappeared from the gaming world because of how bad the games today are - they may not even realize this game exists yet.

Yeah, we are slowly tapping into those gamers as we make progress with development but are careful to not oversell or overhype the game before it is ready, slow and steady until we have much more to show off then we will ramp up our presence a lot ;) 

• 208 posts
    March 10, 2020 9:21 PM PDT

well I will be streaming this when the game is released to the public as I would like to grow a community around this game for all to enjoy.For me this is about community and the impact that everyone involved will have.