Forums » The Rogue

What race will you be?!

• 24 posts
    February 1, 2019 8:15 PM PST

Probably Dark Myr or Halfling for me and the race I dont pick will probably be a Bard alt when that class gets released.

• 30 posts
    March 3, 2019 6:34 PM PST

Natakeu said:

Whatever the wife tells me to be. Honestly, I don't care, but she does. I just want to play with her shaman.

Me brudda

• 5 posts
    May 20, 2019 4:17 PM PDT

I'm probably leaning towards Human before knowning about any specific Racials that would convince me otherwise. Humans are always so well rounded. It's a tough choice to make before we know much more about the other races.

If there is a specific racial that absolutely caters to Rogue, that could play a big part in choice. My gripe with Humans in EQ was always the poor night vision, I'm not sure if they're planning anything similar here. I am currently playing a Wood Elf Rogue on P99 and having Forage is pretty nice, the ony thing I need to go back to town for is to sell loot and buy water, bandages and knives.

Racial Choices off the cuff:
    Medium: Human > Elf or Dark Myr > Skar
    Small: Dwarf or Halfling > Gnome

Roleplay Choice:

Human

Gnomes are kind of a wild card because their race seems so focused on Magic.

This post was edited by trexid at May 20, 2019 4:20 PM PDT
    • 450 posts
    May 20, 2019 6:48 PM PDT

I feel the same about Gnomes! I can't relate them to Roguery.  

I'll probably roll a human and play the charismatic, not-too-bad guy.

• 15 posts
    May 23, 2019 2:32 AM PDT

My first choice atm is Dark Myr. They are in my perspective are like drows and I just love drows.

2nd : Elf - kinda depending on how the racials etc will have effect by release time.

• 13 posts
    July 26, 2019 1:30 PM PDT
    Currently Skar.
    Unless I do not like skar ingame. Depends on the moving and optical aspect of them.
    • 92 posts
    October 29, 2019 10:25 AM PDT

Elves have always appealed to me, so currently I am thinking Ember Elf Rogue.  Ranger is also on the short-list for me, and I would stick with Ember Elf with that as well.

• 7 posts
    November 6, 2019 3:26 AM PST

Halfling! Definitely.

... or dark myr because I like their lore and abilities.

... or gnome because I like to play a race not technically optimized for a class.

... or skar because they would look awesome.

Damn.

• 1690 posts
    November 6, 2019 12:47 PM PST

It seems like Ogre might make the best rogue through the use of the progeny system.  Joppa seemed to like the idea of having access to new race/class combos by way of progeny in the latest stream

Thoughts?

• 50 posts
    January 7, 2020 9:23 PM PST
    skar human or dark myr.tending more to human or dark myr. slightly more dark myr tbh...
    i need to see the looks with armor and im gonna test all 3 a lot during alpha and beta.
    • 539 posts
    January 13, 2020 4:26 AM PST

Halfling or Elf most likely at this point - for the final verdict I'll wait for release - or rhater the moment when I'll decide to roll rogue alt xP

• 751 posts
    January 13, 2020 10:42 AM PST

Based on current info, I think Ember Elf will make the most useful Rogue for group play. However, I'm personally thinking that my Rogue will be the best character for exploring the world on my own. And so I'm leaning toward Dark Myr to benefit the exploring role, even if it slightly reduces the group efficiency a tad.(Between exploring and crafting, I don't plan on doing much grinding in my solo play)

• 22 posts
    April 3, 2020 10:04 PM PDT

After the relatively recent info we got about Rogue's "Opportunity" resource and how it builds when the Rogue is in Stealth, in addition to the fact that Stealth is just my favorite aspect of Rogue-y classes, it basically solidified Dark Myr for my Rogue.  I recognize that other races will also make great Rogues, but for me, it's all about the Stealth, and the Dark Myr's racial passives are too juicy for me to pass up.  While I'll almost certainly main a Summoner, I will definitely have an Alt Rogue (possibly even my only alt).  Really excited for Rogue.

• 8 posts
    May 23, 2020 5:55 PM PDT
    Dark Myr FTW!!!