Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Probably the best quote of the year

This topic has been closed.
    • 137 posts
    November 21, 2016 5:20 PM PST

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7065764/#Comment_7065764

Ok, ok....I know you said not set in stone.....but you really meant, completely set in stone right?...right? /begins to shake uncontrollably

....my wife is looking at me weird, she knows somethings up, EVAC EVAC!!!

This post was edited by Riply at November 21, 2016 5:21 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    November 21, 2016 5:33 PM PST

Calm down lol. They've been saying "first quarter of next year" as the default answer for a long while now. From my perspective, that seems pretty unlikely (which of course pains me to say). But consider the fact they have said they will not go into alpha unless all 50 levels are playable, but as far as we know, they really only completed content for the first 10-15. They have been pretty secretive lately, so who knows. Things might come together exponentially faster as time goes on and pieces fall into place. Maybe they'll have an explosion of productivity or have been holding out on making some huge announcement soon(tm). But that's the best case scenario and things rarely work that way so I'm definitely not holding my breath. 

• 137 posts
    November 21, 2016 5:46 PM PST
    I don't see calming down as a possibility....

Honestly didn't expect to see alpha for a good year and a half, but I read that and....well, I'm bored and grasping at anything that could lead to me playing a half way decent MMO again.
    • 37 posts
    November 21, 2016 7:31 PM PST

There are plenty of half-way decent MMO's, we're looking forward to the next great one :)

• 763 posts
    November 21, 2016 10:53 PM PST

Well, we are all being hopeful ... cautiously optimistic ... and I, for one, will make do with :

Pantheon, Rise of the Forum

until such time as the Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Closed-Beta/---skip Open-Beta--->/Early-Access/Release

PS

I would play 'StarCitizen:Errr...soon-ish' ...

... but the release date is about 2 years after we actually make it to mars!

Evoras, is quintessentially British

• 9115 posts
    November 22, 2016 1:09 AM PST

This is a widely known estimate that we will not set in stone as it could change very easily at any stage of development, we really dislike putting timeframes on our testing schedules as they need to be packed full of the mechanics, features, and systems that we need serious testing on and we will not release it until it has them in place and functional, that is the brutal truth, I know how excited everyone is, we are too believe me but these estimates are forced replies from so many people asking and are not accurate, they should be taken with a large grain of salt.

I am going to go ahead and close this thread as the topic of testing access, time frames, and other related discussions already exist, you are more than welcome to use the search function to join in on them although they have been discussed to death and we cannot add anything official other than what I have just said.