Forums » The Rogue

Why would anyone be a Rugue

• 2861 posts
    March 23, 2021 12:10 PM PDT

Yeah, I see monk as basically "magic" melee so it doesn't stretch the imagination too much for me in a world of fantasy. They've spent many years working their bodies and minds: aligning body and soul to tap into some kind of powerful force (Chi/Ki) that gives them supernatural enhancement and abilities. 

• 1057 posts
    March 23, 2021 1:19 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Yeah, I see monk as basically "magic" melee so it doesn't stretch the imagination too much for me in a world of fantasy. They've spent many years working their bodies and minds: aligning body and soul to tap into some kind of powerful force (Chi/Ki) that gives them supernatural enhancement and abilities. 

Ya.  That is how I wrap my head around most fantasy classes too... like a Dark Myr wizard hurling a fireball through the water.  If we don't accept the "magic" and try to overthink everything we will miss out on a lot of potential fun.  This same reasoning is how I came to terms with their race/class matrix too -  at the end of the day, it's just a fantasy game and they can do whatever they want with the rules :)

• 5 posts
    March 31, 2021 9:31 AM PDT

I've always played wizzy glass cannons or analogous classes in other genres.  I've resovled to go rouge in Pantheon simply to break out of my self-imposed typecast and because I have no interest in playing tank, healer, cc, or one of the general utility classes.

Additionally, rogues get to sneak around exploring more content in dangerous zones than glass cannon.  Used to bug me that on big raids my job as wiz was to just stand in the rear on click buttons while the rogues got to scout about.

This post was edited by finsternis at March 31, 2021 9:32 AM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 12, 2021 10:05 PM PDT

Just because Rogues in EverQuest are bad, doesn't mean Rogues in Pantheon will be bad. Also, your issues had nothing to do with your class.