Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Content question

• 30 posts
    November 2, 2016 2:23 PM PDT

Just a few things I did not see addressed or did not found much informationg through the pages and hope I can get a clear understanding.

First about myself, I played eq1 for more than a decade.  I loved it and was the perfect MMO up to Planes of Power.  I played EQ2 and loved the shiny system, mentoring and home building.  Lastly I played for many years Shards of Dalaya, I loved the balancing, its community tier raiding and adepts (raid boses for newbs that are level locked must con red to engage) and level gearing.  I have been looking for many years for a game that will match those games and I thinnk tay Pantheon for what I have read comes REALLY close but I'm not sold just yet, so I do have a few questions if one of the admins can take a few minutes to answer them I will really appreciate it.

1) Will there be named mobs with mega rare loot, items that will last through the levels.  One problem I see with MMOs nowday is everyone rushing to lvl up to get the next tier gear and other items become obsolete quickly, this takes away from the enjoyment and immersion.  Like clicky items for example or items with worn effects.

2) Will there be a mentoring system so that high level characters can turn their level to match their low level friends to group and aid them as seen on EQ2, or the ability to lock your leveling as in Shards of Dalaya?

3) Will there be dark races like Dark elves, Yuan Ti or Shadow Dwarves?  Will there be a system like EQ2 which will allow you to switch sides from good to evil/ evil to good?

4) Mod support.  This is what I mean, if someone creates a hair style pack, will they be able to submit it for consideration and upon approval they will be released global.  This will only be for cosmetic mods, like more hair styles, skin textures(tattos, makeup, etc...), body meshes/rekins/looks replacer, weapons looks replacers, spell graphics.  Pretty much people willingly will make the game look better for free!  you guys do not haqve to pay for that labor look what they have done to Skyrim!  Simply have a submission forum and an approved forum thread to notify users about approved mods, as well as releasing tools for modding and testing.

5) I really like the adept system like Shards of Dalaya, while loot was scarce at early levels, they had Raid bosses(adepts) which will have much more than average loot that will level up for increased stats.  Adepts could only be engaged by people 3 levels under to prevent higher level from killing them.

6) Home building as seen in EQ2, turn your home into a tavern for example?

7) Limiting a tradeskill per character, so that one person does not own the whole market for all trade skills?

8) Will there be multy tier raid content for end game?

9) Day and night immersion: Undead creatures are stronger at night and weaker at day, some areas or towns at night the villagers turn into werebeasts(werewovels, wererats etc..), stores at night are closed and players have to resort to shady merchats, certain mons only spawn aat day ot some only at night, etc.

10) Lastly, any plans for anual bosses like EQ1 Fabled events?

Will love to hear back from you.

Cheers!

This post was edited by Neonseraphim at November 2, 2016 2:44 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    November 2, 2016 5:06 PM PDT

Some of this is searchable information but I will reply with our answers/stances for a consolidated thread.

1) Yes, we will have named mobs across the open world, in dungeons and as raid targets with good loot.

2) Undecided at this stage, if so it would come much later after release when the game was top heavy and new/low members found it hard to group.

3) We already have the Dark Myr to launch with, there may be more in future expansions but not guaranteed.

4) Very limited, you will probably be able to reskin your UI but unable to add anything like DPS meters, Aggro meters, healing helpers etc.

5) Loot will most likely be fixed to each mobs level, not the players, so will be up to you to farm the correct level mobs at any given time.

6) We will have housing/outposts at some stage.

7) Undecided on whether we will limit this, will be something we test for feedback.

8) Undecided at this stage, no plans so far.

9) We have day/night features and would like to include AI and different behaviors at different times of the day along with weather.

10) Undecided but definitely something we could look into later on.

I hope that helps answer a few of them at least, more information will be released as we progress with development :)

• 30 posts
    November 2, 2016 6:08 PM PDT

Sure, you  did answered most of my questions, some I believe I was unclear abut what my actual question was, and that was my fault as I was over excited to find out about this game. 

1) More concerned about gear with clickies or effects, that are hard to come by and sell for good cash, last for a long period of time or some that jsut can't be replaced for the clicky and are always kept in the bags and are very hard to come by.  Gear was my main concern.(like you see on my profile image, clicky werefrog illusion, loved it!) You mentioned that there will be mobs with good loot, but will it last? 

4) I'm aware of local changes stored in the user's PC, like UI, but my main interest is something that has not done yet, which is MMO accepting player creations and upon acceptance stored within the game's data server.  Think EQ Next was actually going to do something like that before they epic failed.  And of course this will be implemented and approved by the admins, still it is good to get the community involved, that will provide free labor, and people will be more commited to stay playing the game for many more years.  I'm also aware of the limitations that will impose to the game itself so I understand if it is something that wont be possible at least not for a while.  So if it is something if possible, I think should be considered.

5) mainly Raid bosses for newbs, so they get the hand of raiding and not feel the urge to level up as soon as possible to raid. (mostly 1 & 5 are in regard to leviling rush, since I do enjoy taking my time, exploring and farming and hatei to have to rush to end game to actually experiecne game content)

• 1434 posts
    November 2, 2016 7:22 PM PDT

Neonseraphim said:

Sure, you  did answered most of my questions, some I believe I was unclear abut what my actual question was, and that was my fault as I was over excited to find out about this game. 

1) More concerned about gear with clickies or effects, that are hard to come by and sell for good cash, last for a long period of time or some that jsut can't be replaced for the clicky and are always kept in the bags and are very hard to come by.  Gear was my main concern.(like you see on my profile image, clicky werefrog illusion, loved it!) You mentioned that there will be mobs with good loot, but will it last? 

4) I'm aware of local changes stored in the user's PC, like UI, but my main interest is something that has not done yet, which is MMO accepting player creations and upon acceptance stored within the game's data server.  Think EQ Next was actually going to do something like that before they epic failed.  And of course this will be implemented and approved by the admins, still it is good to get the community involved, that will provide free labor, and people will be more commited to stay playing the game for many more years.  I'm also aware of the limitations that will impose to the game itself so I understand if it is something that wont be possible at least not for a while.  So if it is something if possible, I think should be considered.

5) mainly Raid bosses for newbs, so they get the hand of raiding and not feel the urge to level up as soon as possible to raid. (mostly 1 & 5 are in regard to leviling rush, since I do enjoy taking my time, exploring and farming and hatei to have to rush to end game to actually experiecne game content)

1) I think I can safely say that there will be many cool and prestigious items like the clickies of EQ/SoD. This was also a thing in Vanguard and I think, based on everything I've read, that this will carry over.

As to the items lasting, yes they intend for items to be much more important for a longer period of time (unlike modern MMOs). You can glean this from posts they've made, but also right in the FAQ and game info they tell us:

FAQ

Our desire to bring back the value and personality of items drives our item design. This means that the frequency of upgrades will be slower and when you do get a new piece of gear not only will the experience be memorable but so will the item. We want you to collect your items and be able to remember their names. When you get that epic item or rare drop after an incredible dungeon crawl, we want you to be in awe of what you have accomplished and the reward that came from it. Items will be memorable, deserved, cherished, and desired.

Beyond that, they also intend for there to be situational sets of gear for different climates and resistances. I take that as meaning we will probably collect sets of gear from low levels up till max that can still be beneficial at high levels. In EQ for instance, some of the best resistance gear at high levels came from low level areas (ie dwarven ringmail tunic).

4) I seriously doubt we'll be able to simply mod our client like TES or Fallout. However, Brad has said that he would really like to have user generated content and a system to accept and implement that content into the game.

I refer you to this thread for details:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3898/did-he-say-quot-user-generated-content-quot

5) I don't recall them saying anything about raid bosses for newbs. I thought this was neat in Shards of Dalaya but I'm not particularly a fan of mobs that you cannot attack because you're beyond the mobs level. Its the same premise as trivial loot code and, in a high immersion game, I personally think such artificial restrictions have no place.

This post was edited by Dullahan at November 2, 2016 7:25 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    November 3, 2016 2:36 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

Neonseraphim said:

1) I think I can safely say that there will be many cool and prestigious items like the clickies of EQ/SoD. This was also a thing in Vanguard and I think, based on everything I've read, that this will carry over.

As to the items lasting, yes they intend for items to be much more important for a longer period of time (unlike modern MMOs). You can glean this from posts they've made, but also right in the FAQ and game info they tell us:

FAQ

Our desire to bring back the value and personality of items drives our item design. This means that the frequency of upgrades will be slower and when you do get a new piece of gear not only will the experience be memorable but so will the item. We want you to collect your items and be able to remember their names. When you get that epic item or rare drop after an incredible dungeon crawl, we want you to be in awe of what you have accomplished and the reward that came from it. Items will be memorable, deserved, cherished, and desired.

Beyond that, they also intend for there to be situational sets of gear for different climates and resistances. I take that as meaning we will probably collect sets of gear from low levels up till max that can still be beneficial at high levels. In EQ for instance, some of the best resistance gear at high levels came from low level areas (ie dwarven ringmail tunic).

4) I seriously doubt we'll be able to simply mod our client like TES or Fallout. However, Brad has said that he would really like to have user generated content and a system to accept and implement that content into the game.

I refer you to this thread for details:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3898/did-he-say-quot-user-generated-content-quot

5) I don't recall them saying anything about raid bosses for newbs. I thought this was neat in Shards of Dalaya but I'm not particularly a fan of mobs that you cannot attack because you're beyond the mobs level. Its the same premise as trivial loot code and, in a high immersion game, I personally think such artificial restrictions have no place.

Spot on, thanks Dullah :)

• 30 posts
    November 3, 2016 1:15 PM PDT

Sold out, thanks!  Can't wait for the release. 

• 363 posts
    November 3, 2016 2:41 PM PDT

Neonseraphim said:

Landmark has (had? is that game still even viable?) that feature, where player creations can be sold/traded for. Make an item that the devs approve of, can sell it for in-game money (and for real $$, iirc). EQ2 has this as well, I think. I sincerely hope that this is not the case for Pantheon, unless it is for IN GAME SALES ONLY!!! Sony's attempt to fleece their playerbase with the Marketplace money grab is one of the main reasons I left that game. That, and it was just too easy to solo the content...but that's for another discussion. :P

• 30 posts
    November 5, 2016 4:33 AM PDT

Hi Anitstosoles,

Not at all, no money to be made.  All mods will be aestetic purpose only.  I'm not refering to gameplay mods. Mods like Hair pack like KSHair and ApachiiSKY hair, or tattos and makeup, body meshes and animations to enhance the look of the games so that the team working on Pantheon can focus on the gameplay and lore while those who like to mog can pitch in for free.  At no point this will be use to gain in game money or real life money for content.  All will be kept free, just like modders do in Skyrim, but they add to the game so much replay value.

• 80 posts
    November 5, 2016 4:58 PM PDT

Neonseraphim said:

Hi Anitstosoles,

Not at all, no money to be made.  All mods will be aestetic purpose only.  I'm not refering to gameplay mods. Mods like Hair pack like KSHair and ApachiiSKY hair, or tattos and makeup, body meshes and animations to enhance the look of the games so that the team working on Pantheon can focus on the gameplay and lore while those who like to mog can pitch in for free.  At no point this will be use to gain in game money or real life money for content.  All will be kept free, just like modders do in Skyrim, but they add to the game so much replay value.

EQNext is no more and dead in the water. Landmark for some odd reason will continue although personally I dont see it working out. Only popping into this thread since this was asked and I happen to know the answer :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/everquest-next-is-cancelled-but-landmark-will-go-on/