Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

This topic has been closed.
    • 2 posts
    October 29, 2016 11:43 AM PDT

It would be cool if you could get off of your mount and walk around it. I would also find it enjoyable to stop at a mount merchant and purchase feed, then walk around to make my choice. there could be many of them in the field. Once I find the one I want I am able to feed him. So if there are mounts in different sizes we can test ride them using the food to create good faction. having an actual purchase experince (like a car dealership). Then once you are level 5 you can purchase the mount. and he just follows you around. Once level 10 you are able to ride them. By getting a saddle may be there can be a few types to chose from. Now you be able to rid the mount you work to get. At level 20 you can purchase armor for your mount. I feel in past games the mount is only used to move Having a little more of connection with the mount would be interesting. Please consider a different avenue for mount purchasing in game.

• 763 posts
    October 29, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

I can see this as a post-launch 'pet':

1. Horse for sale is not 'generic' horse, but has stats like a mob

Thus each horse will have a different temperament etc

This means a non-generic speed, stamina etc

2. Vendor sells, perhaps 6 at any given time, replenishing over time (2 new/replacements per day)

They would be expensive, so don't need to stock an 'infinite' supply.

3. You need to learn 'horse riding' skill

4. You need to work on your horse's faction (apples = +faction) (spurs = -faction)

5. You need to buy saddle and tack (Bareback = -ve to riding skill)

6. You need to feed and house it (cost $$)

7. Horse's faction with you can decay over time if left in the wild (untended)

8. Unless hobbled, a horse will wander off in search of food (or flee if attacked)

If you lose it, you may need to get a ranger to find it for you!

• 781 posts
    October 29, 2016 2:58 PM PDT
    • 294 posts
    October 29, 2016 3:02 PM PDT

I still want a COW !!!

• 9115 posts
    October 29, 2016 4:44 PM PDT

As Kelem kindly pointed out, this discussion has been brought up a lot and still have many active threads, please continue discussing this subject in one of the already active threads instead of creating another new one to spread the information out even further, making is very difficult for the team to gather this information and for community member to find it and join in, for that reason I will be closing this thread down.

Welcome to the forums Eanaden, hopefully, your next post will be free from moderation ;)