Forums » The Enchanter

Iconic Ability: Hive Mind

• 252 posts
    October 28, 2016 9:10 PM PDT

I was thinking what the iconic ability of the enchanter could be and I came up with something pretty interesting.

Iconic Ability: Hive Mind
    Master enchanters are able to collapse the group's individual conciousnesses into one. Everyone benefits from the group's combined mana regen and intelligence for a brief amount of time. Additionally, each player has access to the vision of every other player, making the information gained from scouting shared immediately to the group. Player's also temporarily gain access to the highest level skills each member has to offer, including languages, trade skills, combat skills, ect.

I think this would be a pretty sweet buff. The out of combat skill level sharing could be a fun option to open quests up to character which otherwise didn't have access to. 

What do you guys think?

• 4528 posts
    November 7, 2016 12:31 PM PST

It's definitely a neat idea. I just think having access to each other's vision would be very difficult to implement, technically speaking. I can't even think of a UI that would make that possible and practical. Since we know there will be a built-in voice chat system, I'm guessing that will be sufficient for passing on scouting information anyway.

• 15 posts
    November 9, 2016 1:05 PM PST

I like the mana pool share and vision part, the vision part could be done with a click on an icon next to the player in the group. cool idea

• 21 posts
    February 22, 2017 12:22 AM PST

Vision would be like Bind Sight in EQ. very handy ability. 

I first read this and thought you were going to be talking about mindsay from Vanguard, the Psi only chat channel which you had access to when you had the buff on. 

• 20 posts
    February 22, 2017 9:55 AM PST

I like it too.  I forget what they called it in Vanguard, but in Vanguard it was only a shared channel with other Psionicists.  

• 59 posts
    April 24, 2018 9:11 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDHRlLsaQA

Id like some high cooldown ability like this child has in the movie :) Huge Damage AOE with 10 Second Knockdown

This post was edited by Nolaen at April 24, 2018 9:13 AM PDT