Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

When do we get to see a screenshot of some new terrain?

• 201 posts
    October 19, 2016 4:06 PM PDT

I like seeing the shots of the forested area around the keep and all, but I presume they have to be working on more than one zone and associated dungeon.  When do we get a look at a snow covered area, a desert, an oasis, a jungle, an underwater cave, etc? 

• 82 posts
    October 19, 2016 4:14 PM PDT

Id like to know this to, get abbit sick of the same old stuff.

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:12 PM PDT

When it is ready to show off and we release the new zone to the world I will absolutely start showing more screenshots from the new area, I am hanging out for us to finish the Steppes and another area that I cannot name yet but until then I try to take different screenshots to keep it interesting for you all, I don't want to show off the same thing twice so I put a lot of effort into finding good focus points to show off in the already existing areas ;)

• 1434 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:19 PM PDT

I have a collection with a few random ones that aren't in the screenshot section (some of them are).

http://www.mmorpg.com/photo/c50ae869-419d-4504-af42-ed5267929101

• 1019 posts
    October 19, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

You guys are fine.  Seems a see a new SS every week or so and thats far more often than we've seen from some games.  Doing fine.

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2016 9:39 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

I have a collection with a few random ones that aren't in the screenshot section (some of them are).

Nice man, there is a couple of really old ones in there but most are my CM ones which is great to see :)

• 523 posts
    October 19, 2016 10:23 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

When it is ready to show off and we release the new zone to the world I will absolutely start showing more screenshots from the new area, I am hanging out for us to finish the Steppes and another area that I cannot name yet but until then I try to take different screenshots to keep it interesting for you all, I don't want to show off the same thing twice so I put a lot of effort into finding good focus points to show off in the already existing areas ;)

You do fine Kilsin with the limitations you have.  Just wish you guys had more money and a bigger team so you could make much better progress.  Development is moving at less than a snail's pace from my perspective.  Get that playable demo finished so you guys can do a second kickstarter and hire quite a few more coders and programmers. 

• 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 2:05 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Kilsin said:

You do fine Kilsin with the limitations you have.  Just wish you guys had more money and a bigger team so you could make much better progress.  Development is moving at less than a snail's pace from my perspective.  Get that playable demo finished so you guys can do a second kickstarter and hire quite a few more coders and programmers. 

Thanks man :)

I know it must feel slow my friend but keep in mind these games usually take ~5 years to make behind closed doors and most people don't even know they exist until the marketing hype train starts rolling full steam ahead 3-6 months out from an official release, so we are doing pretty good considering and with a team of ~30 very experienced and passionate members we will get this game created properly but you are right, unfortunately, money talks and the more we have the more people we could hire which would mean faster progress but still, we are happy with our situation and working as hard and fast as we can.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 20, 2016 2:06 AM PDT
    • 319 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Dullahan said:

Nice man, there is a couple of really old ones in there but most are my CM ones which is great to see :)

awesome screenshots. Cannot wait for alpha

• 1404 posts
    October 20, 2016 12:20 PM PDT
    If I understand correctly in the game Snow will actually build up on the ground. IF this is indeed the case I would really like to see a contrasting before an after shot of any area.
    • 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:27 PM PDT

Zorkon said: If I understand correctly in the game Snow will actually build up on the ground. IF this is indeed the case I would really like to see a contrasting before an after shot of any area.

I would love to show you this but it is not possible for me to do, it is currently only accessible in the game engine (I log into the game client to take my CM screenshots), so maybe when we have done a bit more work on it we can get one of the devs to showcase it for you all :)

• 112 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:50 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Zorkon said: If I understand correctly in the game Snow will actually build up on the ground. IF this is indeed the case I would really like to see a contrasting before an after shot of any area.

I would love to show you this but it is not possible for me to do, it is currently only accessible in the game engine (I log into the game client to take my CM screenshots), so maybe when we have done a bit more work on it we can get one of the devs to showcase it for you all :)

you're gonna make an Aradune snowman, right?

flaming carrot nose, and whatnot

This post was edited by werzul at October 20, 2016 4:50 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:11 PM PDT

werzul said:

Kilsin said:

you're gonna make an Aradune snowman, right?

flaming carrot nose, and whatnot

Haha, that would be cool :D

• 1404 posts
    October 21, 2016 12:20 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Looking forward too it, that will be over the top awesome!